BPL Community Profile

Sunny Waller (dancer) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast USA
About Me Grew up playing in the lakes and the mountains of North Georgia. Started backpacking in a coed Explorer Scout Troup in the 1970's (yes I am a girl) I outfitted & led groups on backpacking trips for 20 years until I was totalled by a drunk driver. I got back on the trail when I read Ray Jardine's book Beyond Backpacking. I teach lightweight backpacking programs for different groups and currently have a great gig at the LenFoote Hike Inn. I am a member of the Trail Dames hiking club.
CityAtlanta
StateGa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sunny Waller

Showing 191 - 200 of 244 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Evolution
What did you carry in a former life. Rookie Backpacker (1973) Pack: Sears external frame-orange Bag: military surplus pad: plastic ground cloth shelter: tube tent water carrier: canteen co...

In GEAR » Evolution
June 08, 12:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: patronizing?
I have lots of pratice reading social situations. I got hooked on the outdoors early. My dad took us all camping when I was 2 and my brother was 4. We used his marine corps gear..we ate army ration...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Solo or No Go
June 08, 12:15pm

Re: sunny
Jeff...may I ask how old you are??

June 08, 9:29am

Re: Re: Re: patronizing?
Gentlemen..Yes I agree that what the man did was probably "all of the above" fatherly, protective, patronizing and rude". BUT the man was at least my age (almost 50) and he acted his age. I had spe...

June 08, 8:58am

Re: Re: Hiking alone--a female perspective
Hey Dale..I really appreciate your attitude there. Something else you may consider is a positive comment. I suspect most of the women hiking solo are very experienced. I do not look like a rookie, ...

June 06, 6:22am

Re: Re: Stove and pots and stuff
Yes I too MUST have my coffee. (instant human-just add coffee :) I keep it very simple now. I like Esbitt because it is so liteweight and simple. What I really would love to is to go out on a long...

In GEAR » Beercan stove performance?
June 02, 1:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Beercan stove performance?
I used that canteen cup setup in the Civil Air Patrol. Its designed to do double duty when cooking MRE's..you stick your unopened main meal pouch in there and heat it up while you boil your water....

June 02, 1:06pm

Re: Hiking alone--a female perspective
Hey Sandra I am female. I am 48 years old and have hiked solo for several years. I was out of action for awhile due to a car wreck but because of ultralite gear I am back on the trail. I have been ...

June 02, 12:42pm

Re: Re: Beercan stove performance?
Dale: Are you talking about the Ultra-lite Outfitters Kit?? I had great results with mine. I did not pop the top on mine. I cut the lid off the fosters can with the beer still inside. After approp...

June 02, 11:27am

Re: Re: Solo or No Go
When I go SOLO I leave a "flight plan" On it I put where I am parking..where I am hiking..my car type and Tag number. I leave my flight plan with a hiking buddy with a predetermined SOS call time i...

May 25, 2:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Sunny Waller

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks customer service
I have ordered many products from Zpacks. The website is very specific about the wait time for gear that has to be made and Joe has never failed to deliver within that time frame. I had no problems re...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 13, 8:28pm

zpacks Company
I ordered some small stuff from ZPacks. The post office lost it and kept referring me to different people who just kept saying "yes..it's lost". I called Joe to make him aware and he imm...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 15, 10:30am