BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 191 - 200 of 252 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Wish it was a small
I love mine. I wish it was a small, I want to get another one for my son.

In Gear Swap » FS MontBell UL Inner Jacket
March 12, 3:54pm

437 miles?
This thread caught my interest because I am planning to hike a few sections of the Colorado Trail with my 10 year old this summer and need a good pack for him. Did you say you all hiked over 400...

In GEAR » Light Packs for 11-year-olds
March 12, 9:03am

Thermawrap specs
Can you post the specs on the jacket? i.e. how much does it weigh, and how 'small' is it? Thanks, John

In Gear Swap » FS: Clothing and Gear
March 03, 3:52pm

Pinnacle Limits
David, My experience is that the pinnacle has the volume and can physically carry more than 30 pounds, but comfort certainly suffers for it. I've had mine loaded over 30 (extra food and water)...

In GEAR » Another Golite Pinnacle Question - Doug Johnson*
February 26, 7:45am

Quilt
PM sent

In Gear Swap » FS : Golite Ultra 20 (Reg. Size)
February 25, 5:43am

budget insulating clothing
Christopher, My budget insulation is a long underwear top (8 oz. - $10), fleece jacket (12 oz - $10 on sale at Bass Pro) and Dri Ducks rain/wind jacket (7.5 oz - $20). Warm, dry and reasonab...

In GEAR » Budget insulating layers
February 20, 7:28am

UL Pack Choices
Kyle, Even though you say you are not considering cuben, you ought to at least take a look at ZPacks. The Blast 26 is a little bigger, lighter and only slightly more expensive than the GG.

In GEAR » SUL Gear Help
February 12, 3:19pm

silk liner
I used a silk liner on a 10 day hike, but instead of putting it in my bag, I put it over a BA insulated air-core pad and used a quilt. It was more for comfort and keeping the pad clean than warmth....

In GEAR » sleeping bag liners
February 02, 3:21pm

Fitness/Weight Loss
"I find it ironic that a site dedicated to backpacking light is sorely lacking in this kind of discussion. I have also embarked on a personal lightening up approach that costs me nothing and m...

In Philosophy & Technique » Weight Reduction
February 02, 1:20pm

Thanks
Thom, Thank you my friend. Your karma meter has certainly gone up.

In Gear Swap » FS: Free Stuff
January 13, 3:03pm

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm