Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 191 - 200 of 260 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Re: windshirt and rainjacket, redundant?
I carry both, and use the windshirt as my second shirt. I do like to have a backup shirt and something to wear other than my rainjacket when I am washing and drying my primary hiking shirt. If...

In GEAR » windshirt and rainjacket, redundant?
April 02, 2:27pm

Quilt
James, I don't have the bag you mention so I can't compare directly to that, but I have a JRB No Sniveler quilt. I'm a bit of a restless sleeper and I don't care much for the restr...

In GEAR » Will a quilt work for restless side/stomach sleepers?
March 23, 11:52am

I brought along my ....
"hiker to town" bandana

In GEAR » Hike Your Own Adventure (Choose your Own Gear)
March 18, 7:00am

'skin out'
Do you suppose that hiking style minimizes glissading?

In GEAR » Going light on skin out weight
March 17, 12:36pm

cot/mattress
At Boy Scout summer camp a couple of years ago I used a wide Bass Pro folding cot with a 3" REI self inflating pad. The cot/mattress combo worked well in the canvas 'A' frame tent with...

In GEAR » Air Mattresses (and Cots?) for Car Camping
March 16, 2:54pm

vapor ki
PM sent

In Gear Swap » Closet Cleaning Sale
March 16, 2:32pm

Twitter
twitter.com/jsjlm

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Any BPL Twitter users? Post your profile here
March 16, 2:25pm

family tent
test photo. I was going to reply to EJ's post about family camping tents, but decided against it after I re-read his specifications. This tent has worked well for our family, especially in ...

In User Test Forum » tipi
March 16, 7:06am

Wish it was a small
I love mine. I wish it was a small, I want to get another one for my son.

In Gear Swap » FS MontBell UL Inner Jacket
March 12, 3:54pm

437 miles?
This thread caught my interest because I am planning to hike a few sections of the Colorado Trail with my 10 year old this summer and need a good pack for him. Did you say you all hiked over 400...

In GEAR » Light Packs for 11-year-olds
March 12, 9:03am

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm