Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 191 - 200 of 263 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

Big 3
Ali, I'm no pro and certainly not as light as many here, but my basic summer big 3 list is: ZPack Blast pack 7.5 oz Hennessey Hammock (modified) 25 oz MLD tarp 7 oz JRB quilt 23 oz GG i...

In GEAR » Whats your weight for the big 3+1
April 17, 2:27pm

WM or MB UL SS #1 for 11 year old?
I've been considering both bags for my 11 year old for this summer's hike. He is about 5' tall and slim (and sleeps cold). I'm probably leaning toward the Montbell UL SuperStretch p...

In GEAR » WM megalite or Montbell U.L SS #3
April 17, 2:04pm

Vasque Breeze XCR
I looked at a number of boot options and ended up with the Vasque Breeze XCR's. Not as light as the Inov8's, but I really wanted to try on a lot of pairs to get the best fit. I think they a...

In GEAR » Lightweight Boots
April 17, 1:42pm

Re: windshirt and rainjacket, redundant?
I carry both, and use the windshirt as my second shirt. I do like to have a backup shirt and something to wear other than my rainjacket when I am washing and drying my primary hiking shirt. If...

In GEAR » windshirt and rainjacket, redundant?
April 02, 2:27pm

Quilt
James, I don't have the bag you mention so I can't compare directly to that, but I have a JRB No Sniveler quilt. I'm a bit of a restless sleeper and I don't care much for the restr...

In GEAR » Will a quilt work for restless side/stomach sleepers?
March 23, 11:52am

I brought along my ....
"hiker to town" bandana

In GEAR » Hike Your Own Adventure (Choose your Own Gear)
March 18, 7:00am

'skin out'
Do you suppose that hiking style minimizes glissading?

In GEAR » Going light on skin out weight
March 17, 12:36pm

cot/mattress
At Boy Scout summer camp a couple of years ago I used a wide Bass Pro folding cot with a 3" REI self inflating pad. The cot/mattress combo worked well in the canvas 'A' frame tent with...

In GEAR » Air Mattresses (and Cots?) for Car Camping
March 16, 2:54pm

vapor ki
PM sent

In Gear Swap » Closet Cleaning Sale
March 16, 2:32pm

Twitter
twitter.com/jsjlm

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Any BPL Twitter users? Post your profile here
March 16, 2:25pm

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm