Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

JASON CUZZETTO (cuzzettj) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale NorCal - South Bay
About Me I love the wilderness and UL gear.
I went on my first backpacking trip in Oregon when I was 6 weeks old (AUG72). It snowed all night long. When day light came I was the only thing left dry. Just wish I could remember it!

In 2000 my first UL trip resulted in a night hike to stay warm. Wrong gear.

Finished the BPL Scouting course (May 2010). Very cool. It was like closing a door. I feel like I can teach the principals now.
CityCampbell
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by JASON CUZZETTO

Showing 191 - 200 of 224 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Willing to help shipp from US
I may be willing on helping you get what you want/need shipped for actual cost to Australia. I have a post office just two blocks from the house and access to two REI stores and many other outdoor...

In Philosophy & Technique » Question for Aussies - water.
December 05, 2:39pm

Lite My Fire Spork
I love the spork. We purchased the kits for the six of us for car camping, scouting and now this spork is the only one we use on the trail. I eat lots of soup on the trail and have found it ade...

In GEAR » Got my package from BPL today-NEW GEAR!
November 29, 4:06pm

"Beginner Tent Choice"
I would like to think this suggestion is a 'good' choice for those of us who are financially challenged with a good sleep system: USMC Modular Sleeping Bag (MSB) and Bivy Cover The US...

In GEAR » Beginner Tent Choice
November 29, 1:22pm

GPS no compass? Not when breaking trail!
"I carry a Brunton 9020G baseplate, a Garmin 301, and a Casio altimeter watch. The latter two have electronic compasses. The weight of all three is 177grams." Good man! I have a simil...

In Philosophy & Technique » GPS no compass?
November 27, 2:20pm

Travel Pack - Keep them coming...
MEI Travel Packs - These packs look like they may be a winner do to cost. I am excited about these. They look a little more my speed. Though I do like the feedback on the other packs. I have a ...

In GEAR » Airline Travel - What bag do I choose?
November 21, 9:19am

Thank you -- Keep it comming!
This is great food for thought. Keep it coming. I am really enjoying the insight. It is helping ground my decisions and relax me a bit. I did decide to limit my gear and clothing choices. I ...

November 20, 4:40pm

Stationary - most of the time...
In most cases once we get where we are going, we will stay put. There may be oportunity for day off jungle hikes and other adventures depending on the country... Or as I understand it this is the...

November 20, 1:02pm

Great site and great advice
Wow, you guys are quick. One Bag is a great site and should help me make the right decision. I found out I can ship, with our equipment, a heavy duty tote. So I will be getting one of the smalle...

November 20, 11:48am

Airline Travel - What bag do I choose?
I figure most of you used some sort of Bomb Proof gear at one point. I need to find a Bag/Luggage for International Travel... It looks like I just landed a job traveling to some unique location...

November 19, 5:30pm

I use...
I use a 2 liter Military canteen and case slung across my shoulder under my jacket. The case helps keep the water from freezing as does your body heat. You can also push the air out and carry les...

In GEAR » What do you use for your winter water holder/bottle?
November 15, 4:34pm

All Reader Reviews by JASON CUZZETTO

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Appy Trails Mark 5
Mark V – Appy Trails – Can’t beat the price! First of all, the price on this tarp tent is dead on. At $120.00 it is a fantastic deal. Manufacturer’s Specs: Sleeping capacity: 5 Average minimum we...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
February 28, 2:10pm

End2End Trail Supply GramWeenie
There is a lot of information in the other reviews so I will keep this simple. I bought both the Gram Weenie and it's big brother the Pro. Here is what I found. I used the small one first wit...

In Stoves - Alcohol
May 20, 1:55pm

Light My Fire Spork
***Update MRE Spoon, Titanium Spork, Lexan Fork, knife, spoon, and spork... The Light My Fire Spork looks cool, works great! I agree that the only down side is the length... But then again I...

In Cookware - Other
July 25, 1:24pm

Evernew .9 Liter pot
No big deal if the insualtion burns off for me. That is what the bandana is for... or one of the things. Great volume for up to three people.

In Cookware - Titanium
July 25, 12:58pm

GoLite GoLite customer service
I agree. I sent them a couple of questions and a fix for their Web Site. I never new customer service reps could be so rude in their reply and they didn't even acknowledge they made a mistake an...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 15, 2:48pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
Down from a 5 to a 4... But still a 5 to me. Want to know why? Read on... A few weeks ago I received the Golite Pinnacle Pack in the mail. I wanted the pack because I love the Jam Pack I purch...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 13, 11:14am

Petzl e+LITE
This is a great light. I bought it for hiking but I took it with me on a 4 day camping trip the other day. What I liked most it gave us plenty of light late into the night. My wife used it for hour...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
June 02, 5:57pm

Keen Arroyo 2
I have had a pair or Newport closed tow keen sandals for about 3 years now. I absolutely love them! So I talked my wife into purchasing the Arroyo 2 for the both of us - let's call it a hybrid ru...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
May 31, 11:57am