BPL Community Profile

pack nwcurt (curtpeterson) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me pack nwcurt has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by pack nwcurt

Showing 191 - 200 of 422 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...43

Forum » Thread

Hex 3 Skirts
Seems like a couple years back it was a popular idea to add a footlong or so no-see-um skirt to the bottom hem of the Hex 3 / S3 shelters. I haven't heard of anyone doing this mod in awhile...

In GEAR » Hex 3 Skirts
November 03, 6:25am

Miles
I just hit 1000 miles yesterday on my birthday. Almost 90% of it was dayhiking this year, though. Weird year with screwed up weather, cancelled trips, partner bailouts, etc. I committed to getting ...

In GEAR » Just Curious - mileage
November 02, 6:27am

Gnat Stove with Auto Starter
Thought I'd share a 5 minute project with the Monatauk Gnat stove for those that love the simplicity of this tiny cooker but wish it had an auto starter. I had an MSR igniter lying around an...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gnat Stove with Auto Starter
October 25, 7:19am

Enchantments
To make it extra "magical", there are two sets of names up there as well. The official USGS names are one set. A couple went up there (the Starks?) decades ago and named almost every litt...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wenatchee National Forest, Enchantments 10/05 - 10/08
October 24, 7:36pm

WA Backpacking
Ditton on Mary and Brian's recommendations. "Trekking Washington" is the best big-trip book in my opinion. Can't go wrong with anything between Glacier Peak and the Canadian borde...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Washington State, best long hike?
October 14, 6:42am

Canister Stoves
To the OP - I have a Vargo Jet-Ti and a Gnat that I'm thinking about putting up on the gear swap. PM me if you're interested.

In GEAR » canister stove options
October 05, 7:12am

Fly and Bubble
I've been using a fly and bubble setup almost exclusively the past few years. It really is a great setup for alpine lake fishing - especially with shoreline brush like we have in the Cascades a...

In Fishing » Fly/ Bubble fishing
September 29, 9:15am

EB Exchanges
I was told both by phone customer service and in person at the store that they wouldn't swap the "old" version - even still in plastic from the factory - for the new one. They would c...

In Gear Deals » Eddie Bauer First Ascent Down Exchanges
September 27, 5:45pm

Downlight Sweater
PM re: the Downlight sent. Thanks!

In Gear Swap » FS: Exos, Contrail, EB downlight sweaters, other misc stuff
September 18, 4:28pm

Downlight Swap
Thanks, Patrick. I've contacted him about it. Much appreciated on the heads-up. -Curt

In Gear Swap » EB/First Ascent Downlight Swap?
September 18, 1:59pm

All Reader Reviews by pack nwcurt

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Ultralight Fishing Rod Case 2"
I'd been looking for a light, tough fishing rod tube for a long time and was excited to find this option. Despite fantastic customer service with a special request and fast shipping, this rod tube qu...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:57am

Lock Laces Shoe Laces Lock Laces Shoe Laces
I'll give the Lock-Laces that BPL sells a star for being incredibly comfortable during in-camp and flat trail duty, and another star for the quick and easy on-off they allow. But, they are not near...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 07, 11:43am

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
If Esbit is the fuel choice, this little stand is a fantastic option. Fits the GSI double boilers well and my Snowpeak bowl nicely. The real appeal is the ridiculously light weight. I can tos...

In Stoves - Other
August 07, 11:35am