BPL Community Profile

Chris S (csteutterman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Chris S has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListUltimate JMT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris S

Showing 191 - 200 of 586 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Golite quilt
I emailed them asking about the specs for the size long a couple weeks ago and this was the reply: "The fill weight on the Ultra Light 3 season Long is 375g. Size in the included stuff sac...

In GEAR » Golite Ultralight Three Season Quilt
March 21, 9:52am

Re: Not hard numbers.
"my baseweight is under 5lb... " I prefer to pull my stuff in a roller suitcase to achieve a zero pound base weight. And how did you come up with 12lbs as the cap for UL status? I&...

In Philosophy & Technique » Base weight/body weight
March 20, 11:48am

Packability
Good point that they pack a little easier. My 700ml backcountry.com pot does pack into a nice tidy package with the canister stove, fuel canister and spoon.

In GEAR » Pot Question. Short wide, tall skinny.
March 20, 11:40am

Re: Ditched the Hammock & Other Changes
That sounds like a nice shelter set up. The patrol shelter has been tempting me for a while. I think the 13lb with bear can is pretty good and was about what I had. You could get a little bit li...

In Gear Lists » Mid August 2012 JMT
March 20, 11:32am

Re: Nepal ideas Oct 2012?
I did the Annapurna Circuit and Sanctuary last November and didn't think the road situation was nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Although compared to your experience in 1981 you might h...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Nepal ideas Oct 2012?
March 19, 3:47pm

Re: Must see locations in the Wind Rivers, later August?
Which days will you be there? I'm looking for pretty much the same thing at the same time. I'll be there Aug 15-19. The question I posted about it is here. In that thread Mary D menti...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Must see locations in the Wind Rivers, later August?
March 19, 12:17pm

Re: august to november
Sounds like a fun trip you have planned. I would have loved to spend more time over there. Unfortunately, I can't really answer your question about the monsoon season, but you could probably ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Annapurna Region - Nepal
March 18, 12:27pm

Re: Cairns and LNT?
"I agree with what Art said earlier (9:42 MDT)." I agree with Michael.

In Philosophy & Technique » Cairns and LNT?
March 18, 12:08pm

Re: Pot Question. Short wide, tall skinny.
I've wondered the same thing and it seems like everyone always favors the short wide pot. I'm not sure what the advantage of the tall, skinny pots are, but they seem to be widely available...

In GEAR » Pot Question. Short wide, tall skinny.
March 18, 11:53am

Big Agnes Style Bags?
What's the big disadvantage with the Big Agnes style bags where there is no insulation on the bottom, but there is a sleeping pad sleeve instead? Seems like it solves the problem of compressed...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags vs Quilts
March 15, 12:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I bought this pack (along with the optional Hoop Stay and Wing Belt) intending to use it for trips that required a bear canister. The light weight, capacity to fit a bear canister and option to add t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 27, 12:46pm