BPL Community Profile

Chris S (csteutterman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Chris S has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListUltimate JMT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris S

Showing 191 - 200 of 581 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Must see locations in the Wind Rivers, later August?
Which days will you be there? I'm looking for pretty much the same thing at the same time. I'll be there Aug 15-19. The question I posted about it is here. In that thread Mary D menti...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Must see locations in the Wind Rivers, later August?
March 19, 12:17pm

Re: august to november
Sounds like a fun trip you have planned. I would have loved to spend more time over there. Unfortunately, I can't really answer your question about the monsoon season, but you could probably ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Annapurna Region - Nepal
March 18, 12:27pm

Re: Cairns and LNT?
"I agree with what Art said earlier (9:42 MDT)." I agree with Michael.

In Philosophy & Technique » Cairns and LNT?
March 18, 12:08pm

Re: Pot Question. Short wide, tall skinny.
I've wondered the same thing and it seems like everyone always favors the short wide pot. I'm not sure what the advantage of the tall, skinny pots are, but they seem to be widely available...

In GEAR » Pot Question. Short wide, tall skinny.
March 18, 11:53am

Big Agnes Style Bags?
What's the big disadvantage with the Big Agnes style bags where there is no insulation on the bottom, but there is a sleeping pad sleeve instead? Seems like it solves the problem of compressed...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags vs Quilts
March 15, 12:29pm

Re: Patagonia UL Down Jacket vs. Montbell UL Down Jacket
FWIW, the MB is 30% off here: http://www.montbell.us/products/disp.php?p_id=2301133 Limited sizes though.

In GEAR » Patagonia UL Down Jacket vs. Montbell UL Down Jacket
March 13, 1:52pm

Re: 2 Carbon Fiber poles at Costco for $27
"Burn up to 45% more calories" Does this mean I need to take 45% more food?

In GEAR » 2 Carbon Fiber poles at Costco for $27
March 13, 12:06pm

WTB: MLD Prophet Size Large
One more try before I buy a new one....

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD Prophet Size Large
March 13, 10:52am

Shucks
That sounds like a great trip and a great way to utilize the holiday, but unfortunately for me I will be on the east coast that week. I'm already looking forward to the trip report.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » July 3-8th: 80-90 mile, partial cross country Sierran trip. EPIC!
March 12, 4:03pm

WTB: MLD Prophet Size Large
-- Nevermind. I purchased a new one. -- Looking for a Large MLD Prophet in excellent condition. Would also like one hip belt pocket if you have one.

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD Prophet Size Large
March 12, 11:16am

All Reader Reviews by Chris S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I bought this pack (along with the optional Hoop Stay and Wing Belt) intending to use it for trips that required a bear canister. The light weight, capacity to fit a bear canister and option to add t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 27, 12:46pm