Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Peter McDonough (crazypete) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Above the Divided Line
About Me I backpack as the Studliest Studly Studmuffin of Studly Studliness who ever Studlied himself out of Studlyville.

I cut a large path while leaving no trace and carring less than three pounds in my pack.

If you want knowledge of some real scientific prinicples, talk to me and I will guide you to the sun.

See you on the other side.

And remember to keep to the mean.
CityForm of the Good
StateThe City
CountryUS of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Peter McDonough

Showing 191 - 200 of 221 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Tautline hitch
1) The super-light spectra guylines used by many ultralighters are too slippery to hold this knot. --I figure the advantages to using KeltyTriptease outweight the weight savings here, namely avo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bevy of SUL
April 09, 3:38pm

Re: Bevy of SUL
I also created this Ti Trowel, aka Bill Fornshell. I used a dry erase marker to mark on the sheet as that just rubbed off after I was finished. I used regular old tin snips to cut it out, and did...

April 09, 11:59am

Re: Bevy of SUL
I have not installed a hood as of yet, and I will do that this afternoon. I think I'll just install some sort of seal for around the neck and then wear a baseball cap. A side note. The Yellow ...

April 09, 11:38am

Bevy of SUL
I got bored yesterday so I sat down and sewed all this stuff that has had my name on it for a couple of weeks. And then I cut my packweight several pounds. First Project- Spinnaker Poncho/Tarp ...

April 09, 11:35am

How to Dry
Don't bother hanging them upside down, because water vapor rises is is trapped inside. Just rinse it out, or if you are really worried drop in a denture cleaner or some bleach, then shake it out a...

In GEAR » drying a platypus?
March 29, 8:51pm

Weight Concern
Aluminum is lighter than titanium, so if you use the same thickness as the aluminum shield, you will actually be adding weight.

In GEAR » Ursack Aluminum liner. Titanium replacement needed.
March 28, 4:42pm

Re: Re: Re: 3 season 5 day setup
Quick Question: Do you want to spend any money at all to reduce the weight of your gear or no??

In Gear Lists » 3 season 5 day setup
March 27, 5:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Cord Lengths?
Jason, its a pretty simple formula, just the Pythagorean, but anyways, I have this tarp set up so that triangle created by pole, stake, and ground is a 45 degree angle. You can change the bottom v...

In GEAR » Cord Lengths?
March 26, 3:23pm

Waterproof Zipper
If you really think that the protection is necessary, especially since you are using a small tarp(you could position the bivy so that the zipper side is the one more sheltered by the tarp), here's ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Waterproof zipper on bivy
March 26, 3:01pm

Re: Cord Lengths?
Pick ridgeline height(height of tarp at highest point). This value = Y. (y+1)^2 + x^2= r^2 a^2 + b^2= c^2 r + c + 1 = guyline length for that ridgeline (the extra foot is for a tautline hit...

In GEAR » Cord Lengths?
March 26, 1:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Peter McDonough

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Ether Wind Shirt (Wisp HP)
Of course you got clammy in it. The temperature was in the mid 60s. There is no need to wear a windshirt in the mid 60s unless you have a slight drizzle or there is a VERY VERY strong wind blowing. ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 16, 12:49pm