BPL Community Profile

Chris Muthig (cmuthig) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Georgia
About Me Chris Muthig has not added a biography yet.
CityAthens
StateGeorgia
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://kringlelight.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Muthig

Showing 191 - 200 of 247 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Looks Comfortable
It looks like you could carry that pack around all day and be plenty happy about it, and the placement of the 3D mesh looks like it is going to make a really nice, ventilated back pad. The amount o...

In Make Your Own Gear » A first MYOG pack (pictures included)
August 22, 10:45am

Great Thoughts
Thanks for all of the input. Right now my colder weather quilt is a Golite Ultra 20, which just has more weight on it than I think it should. I have about 12 oz of down sitting around, so I thi...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Need Help Picking SUL Insulation and List Critique
August 14, 9:57pm

Re: MYOG Bivy (LytW8)
Just thinking about it real quickly, I think the height should still be fine. You should have something close 70" of length from the foot to the netting, plus another 8" of netting if you...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bivy
August 10, 2:25pm

Sounds interesting
Mike, your trip sounds really interesting to me. The whole experience sounds like something that would be very educational, especially going at temps that low without using a quilt or bag. For me, ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » New sub-type of SUL: BXUL
August 06, 6:35pm

Need Help Picking SUL Insulation and List Critique
I have done several hikes this summer at an SUL weight. I hike in the mountain of NE Georgia and North Carolina, and during these hot summer months, it isn't too hard to drop a lot of weight. L...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Need Help Picking SUL Insulation and List Critique
August 06, 4:20pm

Re: What's your favorite cooking setup for one?
For money reasons the only set up I have is a MYOG set up of a simple cut sprite can used like a Super Cat stove and a Heiny pot. I love this simple set up. It takes me about 1 oz of alcohol to get...

In GEAR » What's your favorite cooking setup for one?
August 06, 6:07am

24Hr Gear List
I was just thinking about this topic a minute ago and realized that the goal of it is very similar to the gear list contest BPL had not too long ago. To give people a quick look at what their weigh...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Wt Goals
August 05, 1:30pm

Cheap as Well
I'm really excited about the thought of trying to get these goal costs down. I'm a college student taking a lot of hours, so working for much money isn't really an option. The only way ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Wt Goals
August 04, 7:16am

Re: SUL - HOT EAST 2 Nighter
+1 for the wearable quilt and nixing the cocoon hoody. I hike mostly in GA, NC area, and so far haven't found much of a reason to need two layers of insulation. I actually made myself a qui...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL - HOT EAST 2 Nighter
July 31, 7:49am

Pad Question
So, I've been trolling the MYOG forum too much and didn't even notice this one was ever made. This is very exciting, and I'm having a lot of fun reading all the SUL/XUL stuff here. ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » My XUL Challenge Gear List
July 28, 12:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Muthig

Chris Muthig has posted no reviews.