BPL Community Profile

Colin Krusor (ckrusor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northwest US
About Me Colin Krusor has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Krusor

Showing 191 - 200 of 989 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...99

Forum » Thread

Shade
I think something metallized would provide the most protection from the sun's heat. A space blanket would work well in calm air, and metallized ripstop nylon would work in windy conditions.

In GEAR » Material for shade tarp?
May 30, 5:38pm

Carbon
David, thanks for taking a brief hiatus from your retirement to answer my questions. I had thought of the flow path problem in short, fat vessels. This was my reason for specifying that the hyp...

In Make Your Own Gear » water filter advice
May 28, 9:47pm

Kite valves
I agree with Ryan about the Airtime kite valves. They stick securely onto smooth surfaces with their own pressure-sensitive adhesive, or you can glue them to surfaces that aren't smooth (like f...

In Make Your Own Gear » Air valves
May 28, 5:54pm

Size
Yes, I'd like to hear about the sizing, too. I'm 5'11" and 155 lbs (skinny), and I have absurdly long arms. In the Marmot Mica I wear a large. Anyone about my size who owns a Shift...

In GEAR » Any news on Westcomb Shift LT Hoodie?
May 28, 1:23pm

Activated carbon and tannins
"Make your carbon container long to maximize contact time and relatively narrow to minimize weight and volume." David, I'd like to include activated carbon in my gravity filtration...

In Make Your Own Gear » water filter advice
May 27, 10:19pm

DIY Hydropel
Cameron, I'm interested in your experience with making DIY Hydropel. I'd like to try it again myself, and, if you tried it and succeeded, a little information about your methods would be of...

In GEAR » Hydropel being discontinued?!
May 27, 6:07pm

Sheath
Thanks for all of the compliments. Javan, I layed this up by saturating four small square pieces of carbon cloth (3k 4H satin) with epoxy, stacking them, driving out bubbles with a roller, then...

In Make Your Own Gear » Carbon fiber sheath for knife
May 26, 3:28pm

Recipe
Yes, I'd like to know how you made your own. I tried it and it didn't work very well. No amount of mixing keeps the dimethicone and petrolatum from separating. The modified starch stays mix...

In GEAR » Hydropel being discontinued?!
May 26, 8:59am

Test
I have access to these beads because I already use them for my research. Testing a filter doesn't use very many, and there are tens of millions in a small bottle, but the bottle costs something...

In GEAR » MSR HyperFlow filter
May 25, 11:27pm

Testing
I have tested filters (including a Sawyer Squeeze) in my lab by filtering water spiked with fluorescent microbeads (red ones 2.8 microns in diameter and green ones 6 microns in diameter) then looki...

In GEAR » MSR HyperFlow filter
May 25, 7:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Colin Krusor

Colin Krusor has posted no reviews.