BPL Community Profile

Colin Krusor (ckrusor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northwest US
About Me Colin Krusor has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Krusor

Showing 191 - 200 of 997 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...100

Forum » Thread

Sub 4 oz gravity filter setup w/ MYOG filter
I finished this gravity filter setup recently and I'm not enthralled with the result, but I thought I'd post photos and a description of it here anyway. The whole system (including water ba...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sub 4 oz gravity filter setup w/ MYOG filter
June 06, 9:37pm

Seam Sealer
If the seam sealer is silicone, there isn't much you can do if it is cured. If it hasn't cured, you could try mineral spirits or hexane. No chemical that is safe to handle will dissolve it ...

In GEAR » HELP!! How to get seam sealer out
June 06, 3:09pm

Rohan Ultra Silver
Loren, I'll definitely take you up on that offer. Thanks very much for being willing to do it. I'll send you a PM with the details. William, you mentioned that you wear a medium. What is...

In GEAR » Lightest tee shirt...Oudoor Research Echo?
June 04, 12:33pm

Rohan
Peter, thanks for pointing me to that Rohan shirt. That's a good find. I looked into shipping to the US, and evidently they'll do it, although it's expensive. I'm tempted. I like th...

June 02, 9:57am

?
I saw a blurb about that research in a news article recently, too. As I read it, it has nothing to do with waterproofing. This development purports to be an improvement in wicking base layer fabric...

In GEAR » A new(?) waterproof-breatheable fabric?
June 02, 9:52am

syringe
Yes, a 60ml syringe attached to a short (1cm) bit of tubing, then a tee with little check valves on each side would make for a perfectly functional water pump.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG water filter - questions
June 02, 9:45am

pump
I've been thinking about something very similar recently. I concluded that the lightest and most reliable pump with adequate throughput would be a bulb. The only problem is that bulbs can't...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG water filter - questions
June 01, 7:10pm

Lightest tee shirt...Oudoor Research Echo?
I wish the Golite Drimove Silk tees were still available. Is the OR Echo (3.1 oz size L short sleeve) currently the lightest tee shirt out there?

May 31, 11:38pm

Shade
I think something metallized would provide the most protection from the sun's heat. A space blanket would work well in calm air, and metallized ripstop nylon would work in windy conditions.

In GEAR » Material for shade tarp?
May 30, 5:38pm

Carbon
David, thanks for taking a brief hiatus from your retirement to answer my questions. I had thought of the flow path problem in short, fat vessels. This was my reason for specifying that the hyp...

In Make Your Own Gear » water filter advice
May 28, 9:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Colin Krusor

Colin Krusor has posted no reviews.