BPL Community Profile

cary bertoncini (cbert) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale N. California
About Me cary bertoncini has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by cary bertoncini

Showing 191 - 200 of 892 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...90

Forum » Thread

no he wasn't by any means a scientist
he did, though, record amazing data and experiences he proved to me that brown bears are not all that apt to attack, particularly for purposes of predation. and while I will always fear and resp...

In Chaff » Wolves kill teacher in Alaska
March 12, 12:43pm

Craig W.
I was thinking similarly. Capacities for morality, compassion, love, etc. are all part of our evolutionary development as a species. I still don't undertand the blood thirst for killing a...

March 12, 11:59am

I met Duran Duran
when I was living in Taiwan. They almost ruined a date for me, actually. Yeah, I'm sure wolves are capable of killing people. It's just that they usually don't. In fact, isn't th...

March 11, 11:52pm

i think i'd like this chair, doug
cbert at omsoft.com

In Gear Swap » FS: Alite Designs Monarch Chair
March 09, 7:57pm

"We've been going about this all wrong.
This Mr. Stay Puft's okay! He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!"

In GEAR » Firesteel trick
March 08, 2:08pm

winter training regimen
includes ample repeats of horizontal reclines and 12 oz. curls

In Philosophy & Technique » do you train for backpacking? How?
March 08, 1:57pm

a couple things to throw in the mix
1. A well known and widely believed to be true story in Japan is that the bombs were dropped due to an error in translation. That's right: the Emperor gave the translator a poetic, high languag...

In Chaff » Warfighters: History of the term?
March 06, 2:42pm

I'd like a kettle, too, please :)
Despite my destitute state, this appears to be a work of art that I would be proud to own, so this will be my one purchase this year: please do put me on the list. Very nice work!

In Gear Deals » Montgomery Kettle (ultralight chimney-boiler) reservations
March 05, 8:59am

SMELLABLES
Didn't those guys walk around with a couple days worth of dehydrated food in their beards and seldom bathe?

In Chaff » Grizzlies vs Polar Bears
March 01, 3:07pm

how about a $10 pocket cannister stove?
looks decent http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-OutdoorTracks1/-strse-1/Observer-Backpacking-fdsh-Camping-Stove/Detail.bok

In GEAR » Most efficient/lightest current pocket canister stoves
March 01, 2:15pm

All Reader Reviews by cary bertoncini

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aquastar Aquastar - plus
Weight - 8.5 ounces, including the 1 liter lexan bottle. Dead on what I got for the weight on my scale. Features - water purifier, water storage, LED lantern. Just tested out my new UV Aquastar...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 20, 2:04pm

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
I'm impressed with the quiet and comfortable suit. Haven't been in a downpoor yet, but I did use it while hiking and was impressed with comfort and lack of sweat buidup inside (I did remove a layer b...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 07, 10:47pm