BPL Community Profile

cary bertoncini (cbert) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale N. California
About Me cary bertoncini has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by cary bertoncini

Showing 191 - 200 of 909 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...91

Forum » Thread

Gyp--numerous derivations, not theories
The noun "gyp" has the college derivation someone stated and is not related to gypsies in any way, but is derived from the greek word for "vulture." The verb "gyp" is ...

In Gear Deals » WM Flash vest sale
April 19, 9:59pm

cerebral edema is scary
Last summer I had trouble on the first night at only 10700 ft. Worst elevation sickness I've ever felt. Was having some neurological symptoms, like hardly being able to stand or walk a few feet...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Sad news from Mt Shasta
April 08, 1:01am

what sort of damage?
Roger, just speaking for my tarps, the only damage they seem to suffer is emotional. When I don't use a stuff bag, they feel left out, and when I do use one, they feel like I'm embarrass...

In GEAR » SURVEY REPORT: THE MYTHS OF TARP DURABILITY
April 05, 7:28pm

Ritter RSK Mk5 knife
I'm pretty happy with mine. Cheap. Light. Pretty decent blade. http://www.dougritter.com/rsk_mk5.htm

In GEAR » Knives - It's the sheath that weighs
March 31, 11:28pm

baby on board...
I wear a "baby on board" shirt all the time. It's quite fun to watch some of the reactions, hehehe.

In Chaff » Beer
March 25, 1:31pm

if the fish is good and fresh from clean water
even boiled it is tasty but i boil with seasonings and often a bit of olive oil, too (standard sesoning is a mixture of salt, pepper, garlic powder and italian herbs that i generally always carr...

In GEAR » Frying Fish??
March 22, 7:20pm

pocket gopher?
sounds kinda dirty...

In Gear Swap » **FS Marmot Pocket Gopher Sleeping Bag**
March 22, 1:04pm

versification
My gear is the lightest and has multiple uses Just one pot is employed to boil to eat and to pee. My routes and my board posts stem from logical muses On the Briggs Myers, of course, I'm an ...

In Chaff » Add a verse!
March 22, 1:03pm

one issue though
is that hiking slowly, hiking fast and even running up to moderate speeds are all "slow twitch" activities. consider that even elite marathon runnering (running 26.2 miles at under 5 min/...

In Philosophy & Technique » do you train for backpacking? How?
March 18, 12:21pm

I do find it a bit ironic
that a product intended in part for the homeless (who need it) needs to be improved in quality/performance for those who don't really "need" it in order to sell well enough to be prov...

In Editor's Roundtable » JakPak All-In-One Garment Review
March 17, 11:20pm

All Reader Reviews by cary bertoncini

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aquastar Aquastar - plus
Weight - 8.5 ounces, including the 1 liter lexan bottle. Dead on what I got for the weight on my scale. Features - water purifier, water storage, LED lantern. Just tested out my new UV Aquastar...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 20, 2:04pm

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
I'm impressed with the quiet and comfortable suit. Haven't been in a downpoor yet, but I did use it while hiking and was impressed with comfort and lack of sweat buidup inside (I did remove a layer b...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 07, 10:47pm