BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 191 - 200 of 432 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...44

Forum » Thread

re: SketchUp
As Lance says, I'd just draw the panel you want, and then measure a 1" seam allowance parallel to the outline, and draw the larger outline. If you enter the triangle in SketchUp, you ca...

In Make Your Own Gear » First Net Tent Project
July 08, 7:03am

re: Differential cut
Given the confusion evident in this thread, it's probably a good idea for the OP to specify what he means by 'differential cut'. Then appopriate responses can be given... I understa...

In Make Your Own Gear » Is a differential cut more trouble than it's worth?
July 06, 5:56am

re: BPA
Nicely found Stuart; that's very helpful. I had wondered whether product would be hot-filled for sterilisation purposes, but also considered that an adequately clean filling environment might ...

In Make Your Own Gear » My new 51g (1.8 oz) cooking/ water carrying system
July 05, 6:02am

re: Can spot on
Jeremy, Roger and I are in the UK, not the US... But I'm hearing reports of 'Monster energy drinks' being available in 710ml cans (just like the 'Rockstar') in the UK. Not ...

In Make Your Own Gear » My new 51g (1.8 oz) cooking/ water carrying system
July 04, 10:50am

re: Frist Cuben Tent Design
Sam, You might like to have a look at this recent thread, where very similar two-pole tents are discussed. The angled-to-the-ground ends are great for wind shedding, but, as others have point...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Tent Design
July 01, 8:47am

re: PreFilter
That reminded me of an earlier thread with a YouTube video that I remembered being impressed by (I like using stuff 'out of context'). I note that comments have been added since then que...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fuel filter as pre filter?
June 30, 11:41am

re: lining
There are usually two reasons for using a lining on a WPB fabric: i) to protect the coating from abrasion (if it's a 2-layer fabric); ii) to stop you noticing condensation. For a bivvy, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » WPB Material and Lining?
June 30, 11:25am

re: gossamer gear
Nice looking little pack, Tyler. Hope the leg recovery goes to plan. Not sure I'm too impressed with the Gossamer Gear page; I don't like things that muck about with my browser window s...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1st ever MYOG: 2 oz day pack
June 30, 11:05am

re: Miller Lite Bottle Pot and Cap Burner
> The pot is a Miller Lite can bottle (in inches) Sounds similar to the Budweiser bottle, but with a screw cap, rather than crown cap. > The Burner is bottle cap (from a Venom energy dr...

In Make Your Own Gear » Miller Lite Bottle Pot and Cap Burner
June 29, 11:34am

re: removing paint
> "Miller Lite" is not a desired color to me. Okay, your concern is cosmetic. That's fine. The difficulty of removing the 'paint' is one reason why I'm not sure ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anodizing Aluminum
June 29, 11:05am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.