BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 191 - 200 of 427 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...43

Forum » Thread

re: PreFilter
That reminded me of an earlier thread with a YouTube video that I remembered being impressed by (I like using stuff 'out of context'). I note that comments have been added since then que...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fuel filter as pre filter?
June 30, 11:41am

re: lining
There are usually two reasons for using a lining on a WPB fabric: i) to protect the coating from abrasion (if it's a 2-layer fabric); ii) to stop you noticing condensation. For a bivvy, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » WPB Material and Lining?
June 30, 11:25am

re: gossamer gear
Nice looking little pack, Tyler. Hope the leg recovery goes to plan. Not sure I'm too impressed with the Gossamer Gear page; I don't like things that muck about with my browser window s...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1st ever MYOG: 2 oz day pack
June 30, 11:05am

re: Miller Lite Bottle Pot and Cap Burner
> The pot is a Miller Lite can bottle (in inches) Sounds similar to the Budweiser bottle, but with a screw cap, rather than crown cap. > The Burner is bottle cap (from a Venom energy dr...

In Make Your Own Gear » Miller Lite Bottle Pot and Cap Burner
June 29, 11:34am

re: removing paint
> "Miller Lite" is not a desired color to me. Okay, your concern is cosmetic. That's fine. The difficulty of removing the 'paint' is one reason why I'm not sure ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anodizing Aluminum
June 29, 11:05am

re: removing paint
Bob, my question was: why do you need to anodize? The cans as supplied have a pretty robust surface treatment, being anodized and painted/dyed. Why remove this protection? > There is seldom...

June 28, 6:04am

re: muriatic acid
muriatic acid, aka hydrochloric acid. One question that comes to my mind is: why take the paint off in the first place? Cosmetic reasons, or other concerns? I'd concluded that the dyes u...

June 27, 11:37am

pretty picture
Rexam King Cap Can

In Make Your Own Gear » My new 51g (1.8 oz) cooking/ water carrying system
June 27, 11:27am

re: new can
I spotted the 'Rexam' label on the can, so had a look at their website. They've added a lot more product data since the last time I looked at it, and see the can in question: Rexam ...

In Make Your Own Gear » My new 51g (1.8 oz) cooking/ water carrying system
June 27, 11:16am

re: thermal mass
> These bottles are quite thick walled (0.7mm) and there must be quite a lot of energy wasted in raising the temperature of that mass of aluminium Yes, heating the burner does take energy, an...

In Make Your Own Gear » Slow burn slightly pressurised alcohol stove
June 23, 6:08am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.