Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 191 - 200 of 437 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...44

Forum » Thread

re: name and place...
No worries, Jeremy; I only posted FYI. Rog gives his location somewhat obliquely... I've been told that the 750ml cans are available in the UK, in petrol/gas stations, but, not being a driv...

In Make Your Own Gear » My new 51g (1.8 oz) cooking/ water carrying system
July 21, 11:03am

re: Why do tarp/tents hiking poles set to different heights
Think about what you generally do in a tent/under a tarp. If you need to sit up to cook, you're only likely to do that at one end. And your arms only flay about at one end, too (i.e. most cam...

In Make Your Own Gear » Starting the process of MYOG'ing my whole setup.
July 19, 11:52am

re: electronic counter
> @Kevin - Thanks for the push into the digital age.... I guess being an electronic engineer, I had to fly the flag a bit... As for the switch input to the counter, I'd seriously sugg...

In Make Your Own Gear » Mechanical Ratchet Counter - Source?
July 14, 11:18am

out of the box
You can buy little digital pedometers that clip to a belt. Often for as little as £1/$1. Get one, and replace the gravity switch with a decent microswitch, or, better still, an IR (non-contact...

In Make Your Own Gear » Mechanical Ratchet Counter - Source?
July 13, 12:18pm

re: the tedious trig...
I see Lance has done it again... (nice). Which got me looking at the sketch I abandoned on Friday. And, looking again, the trig isn't that tedious; drawing the seam allowance around the ori...

In Make Your Own Gear » First Net Tent Project
July 11, 11:28am

re: SketchUp
As Lance says, I'd just draw the panel you want, and then measure a 1" seam allowance parallel to the outline, and draw the larger outline. If you enter the triangle in SketchUp, you ca...

In Make Your Own Gear » First Net Tent Project
July 08, 7:03am

re: Differential cut
Given the confusion evident in this thread, it's probably a good idea for the OP to specify what he means by 'differential cut'. Then appopriate responses can be given... I understa...

In Make Your Own Gear » Is a differential cut more trouble than it's worth?
July 06, 5:56am

re: BPA
Nicely found Stuart; that's very helpful. I had wondered whether product would be hot-filled for sterilisation purposes, but also considered that an adequately clean filling environment might ...

July 05, 6:02am

re: Can spot on
Jeremy, Roger and I are in the UK, not the US... But I'm hearing reports of 'Monster energy drinks' being available in 710ml cans (just like the 'Rockstar') in the UK. Not ...

July 04, 10:50am

re: Frist Cuben Tent Design
Sam, You might like to have a look at this recent thread, where very similar two-pole tents are discussed. The angled-to-the-ground ends are great for wind shedding, but, as others have point...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Tent Design
July 01, 8:47am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.