BPL Community Profile

Ben Wortman (bwortman) - BPL Guest

My Locale Nebraska
About Me Ben Wortman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Wortman

Showing 191 - 200 of 564 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...57

Forum » Thread

Sweet
Thanks for posting. Trip reports like this always depress me since I like in Nebraska and the mountain are so far away. I just have to live vicariously through all of you out west. Ben

In Post-Trip Reports » 'Shrooms and Placenta Pills
January 14, 7:13am

Shock cord
I use a Montbell pillow and a Downmat UL7. I use a very small diameter length of shock cord and attach it to the holes in the bottom corners of the pillow with some clips. I simply run the cord u...

In GEAR » how do you stop pillow sliding off sleeping mat
January 11, 10:49am

sos
Can you use the in reach as a stand alone PLB if you do not purchase any subscription services?

In GEAR » Delorme InReach or Other???
January 10, 4:09pm

Delorme InReach or Other???
I have been trying to sort out the multiple “PLBs” on the market for the upcoming season and am looking for some real world experience. I don’t want to hash out what is a “real” PLB and ...

In GEAR » Delorme InReach or Other???
January 10, 3:00pm

Golite 2
I currenlty like the Golite Shangri-La 2 for my solo hiking. With net just over 3 lbs, without, just over 1lb. It is massive for 1 and will actually fit 2 if you have to. Ease of setup is also...

In GEAR » What's your favorite 3-season 1P tent?
January 08, 3:49pm

Greaet
Thanks for taking the time to share that!

In Post-Trip Reports » First Snow- 1/4/13
January 07, 2:43pm

views
This question is exactly why I am changing up my shelter this year. In the past, I would come across awesome places to camp, but was fearful of what would happen if some weather kicked in. Theref...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tucking into a secure location to avoid wind vs a scenic camping spot.
January 06, 4:39pm

Yep
I agree. When putting together a gear list for a trip with my companions, they always make fun of me because they say that according to me, "everything is too heavy" Then when we ar...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thanks BPL - the feel good thread
December 31, 3:46pm

kid stuff
My plans are to find things to do with my 2 girls outdoors. I plan on taking them car camping as much as possible. I also hope to get my oldest one out for at least 1 overnight backpacking trip. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 2013 Plans
December 29, 7:34pm

Got One
Got one with the neoprene coozie and fire felt. It has been burned twice. I'd sell it for $75 Shipped. Sent you a PM.

In Gear Swap » WTB Boilerwerks Backcountry Boiler in good condition
December 28, 1:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Wortman

Ben Wortman has posted no reviews.