BPL Community Profile

Ben Wortman (bwortman) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Nebraska
About Me Ben Wortman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Wortman

Showing 191 - 200 of 612 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...62

Forum » Thread

Stove
Brent Where did you get that stove? I want one too!

In GEAR » SnowPeak 600 - stoves
April 17, 3:57pm

Condensation
John That makes sense, but since I currently use no floor at all, (just groundcloth) It shouldn't be any worse. I am more so looking to do this for mosquito season in the west where humidity ...

In GEAR » Netting Floor for shelter. Any drawbacks??
April 16, 3:54pm

Netting Floor for shelter. Any drawbacks??
I have been kicking around the idea to sew in a netting floor (and door) to a Golite Shangri La 2. From what I can gather, people are happy with the netting floor on ZPacks shelters. I have not b...

In GEAR » Netting Floor for shelter. Any drawbacks??
April 16, 3:27pm

primus kettle
I just picked up a primus kettle from sierra trading post for 11.72 shipped. I had a discount code and used the smart phone app for free shipping. Www.sierratradingpost.com/mobile/primus-litec...

In Gear Deals » primus kettle
April 13, 5:41pm

Head West
I'm in Omaha also, but I always go west for a backpacking adventure. You can always do Indian Cave State park for a one nighter though. I have been to the snowy range in SE WY, but May would ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Midwest Trail Suggestions
April 09, 2:57pm

Cool
That's someting you don't see every day on BPL. Thanks for the report!

In Post-Trip Reports » Caribbean Backcountry: Punto del Norte 3/26-3/29
April 02, 7:53am

Winds
I can only give a few thoughts on the winds. When I have been there (3rd week of August) the bugs were not too much of an issue at all. In a normal snow year, I only found snow on the lee side of...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Advice Sought on ten day Wind River Range or Teton/Washakie Wilderness
March 28, 12:44pm

REI
I was told by an online chat person that the 20% will come out on 3/22

In Gear Deals » REI Coupon?
March 18, 10:05am

Long Poles
Just set up the Shangri La 2 nest. You need to have at least 140CM poles for them to work without a jack and have them on the edge of the nest. You could set them at 145 and use them on the out...

In GEAR » duomid/sl2 space with inverted poles and opinions on which setup is preferred
March 13, 8:15pm

Good Idea
I like the idea of inverted poles in a SL2. (Why didn't I think of that?) I will set mine up tonight in the basement with and without the nest and snap a few pics. Ben

In GEAR » duomid/sl2 space with inverted poles and opinions on which setup is preferred
March 13, 9:47am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Wortman

Ben Wortman has posted no reviews.