Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Burton (burtonator) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale norcal
About Me 35, male. Software Engineer living in downtown San Francisco.

I'm an intermediate/advanced backpacker. In excellent shape. Love the outdoors.

Avid fisherman. I always carry my rod with me when I am backpacking.

I've climbed Mount Shasta, hiked most of Yosemite, visited Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.

I'm going to do a 4 week section hike of the PCT in 2013.

You could say I'm addicted.

I have a bunch of backpacking videos over at

http://youtube.com/user/burtonator
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://burtonator.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Burton

Showing 191 - 200 of 565 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...57

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Why do I gain weight after a hike?
yes.. water and feces ... the volume of food I eat stays with me a few days and the body tends to retain water, especially with high carbohydrate loads.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Why do I gain weight after a hike?
August 07, 10:52am

The battery life for spot connect seems kind of pathetic...
http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=1700&action=showEntry&data=1330 this is a very confusing battery life matrix. I can basically only send 180 messages before it runs out of p...

In GEAR » The battery life for spot connect seems kind of pathetic...
August 06, 6:20pm

Ultralight trail runners that DON'T leak dust?
I just got a new pair of Solomon trail runners. They're about 600g total... My previous pair were like 1000g so I'm pretty happy with with the upgrade. Anyway.. The problem is that a ...

In GEAR » Ultralight trail runners that DON'T leak dust?
August 06, 2:51pm

Re: Re: Barrier bags
yeah.. dumb luck. I don't use one and haven't had a problem either. reminds me of this simpsons quote: Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm. ...

In GEAR » My scumbag opsack is now putting out an odor! :-P
August 06, 1:12pm

Re: Barrier Bags
I was foolish once and decided to pack curry and make coconut red curry with instant brown rice. BIG mistake. I had four days where EVERYTHING tasted like red curry. Red curry granola bars. ...

August 06, 11:14am

Re: Re: natgeo "trails illustrated" maps make GREAT ground sheets! :)
space blanket seems like it wouldn't stand up to a pine cone...

In GEAR » natgeo "trails illustrated" maps make GREAT ground sheets! :)
August 06, 10:55am

BPL article
I"m reading the BPL article now: "Because the dogs were not trained to find salami or cheese, the “scent” for the study would consist of eight pouches of illicit substances used fo...

August 06, 10:51am

Re: Barf factor
> At some point it becomes a chore to take in enough calories to offset the calorie deficit, sometimes to the point of " I cant eat another thing". That and (sorry if it gets gross...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking on calorie deficit and ideal energy distribution...
August 06, 10:25am

Re: Re: Re: Re: RE:
> Because I always run at a deficit AND I meter calories in at least hourly AND I don't stop for breaks, there is no opportunity to ever get your blood sugar high. Couple other points. Oh...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking on calorie deficit and ideal energy distribution...
August 06, 10:19am

Re: Re: RE:
> You are burning 400 to 600 calories an hour . By not eating for 4 hours you've depleted your carbo account and are shutting down the "fat by carbos" metabolism, and are reduced t...

August 05, 11:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Burton

Kevin Burton has posted no reviews.