BPL Community Profile

Kevin Burton (burtonator) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale norcal
About Me 35, male. Software Engineer living in downtown San Francisco.

I'm an intermediate/advanced backpacker. In excellent shape. Love the outdoors.

Avid fisherman. I always carry my rod with me when I am backpacking.

I've climbed Mount Shasta, hiked most of Yosemite, visited Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.

I'm going to do a 4 week section hike of the PCT in 2013.

You could say I'm addicted.

I have a bunch of backpacking videos over at

http://youtube.com/user/burtonator
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://burtonator.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Burton

Showing 191 - 200 of 550 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...55

Forum » Thread

Backpacking on calorie deficit and ideal energy distribution...
I've been experimenting on doing a calorie deficit while backpacking. So far the results are mixed. I seem to start off strong in the morning and then tend to fade in the afternoon. It...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking on calorie deficit and ideal energy distribution...
August 05, 5:07pm

Re: Smart phone GPS
I have the Galaxy S3 and it rocks. I would recommend looking at the G4-mini or getting it directly from Google Play which will be a Galaxy G4 minus all the bloatware. I would NOT use this if yo...

In GEAR » Which GPS?
August 02, 2:10pm

spot device...
> The Mono County Search and Rescue Team has been notified, but without a last known location, they cannot initiate a search. Well that's it.. I'm getting a spot device for my solo tr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Man missing in eastern sierra...
August 01, 8:11pm

Man missing in eastern sierra...
http://www.sierrawave.net/25773/mlpd-man-missing-another-found/ "The Mammoth Lakes Police Department (MLPD) is seeking the public’s assistance in locating a missing person. On July 29, 2...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Man missing in eastern sierra...
August 01, 7:50pm

hoax?
> They are more "odorproof" than regular ziplock bags ONLY because they are thicker. Doubling the thickness of polyethylene film decreases its permeability to small molecules by about...

In GEAR » My scumbag opsack is now putting out an odor! :-P
August 01, 3:36pm

My scumbag opsack is now putting out an odor! :-P
So this is ironic... my opsack now smells like peanut butter and curry powder. FUN! Odor proof my ass! :-P I have it in the sink soaking in soapy water... but considering that bears have 70x...

In GEAR » My scumbag opsack is now putting out an odor! :-P
August 01, 2:19pm

bad software.
Some of this is bad software. I'm a software engineer and repairing bad data is something I do for a living (for 10-15 year now). There are no error bars anywhere for example. They could h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Accuracy or otherwise of GPS
July 30, 5:31pm

ha.
so I can only find nylon forceps in packs of 100... that's a bit overkill :-P The harbor freight ones are nice and half the weight of my current ones.

In GEAR » Ultralight forceps?
July 29, 11:04pm

Ultralight forceps?
I need a pair of ultralight forceps for fishing... the ones I have are made out of aluminum and way overkill for how I use them. Anyone have a recommendation?

In GEAR » Ultralight forceps?
July 29, 10:29pm

Best ultralight shoes with solomon lacing?
So I really like the solomon lacing system. I guess I could do without it of course but it's pretty nice. What's the best of their shoes for ultralight backpackers? The pair I have ar...

In GEAR » Best ultralight shoes with solomon lacing?
July 29, 10:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Burton

Kevin Burton has posted no reviews.