BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 191 - 200 of 610 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...61

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Shangri-La 2 or MLD Trailstar?
I had a Trailstar and now have an SL2 which will probably be on the sale block soon. Most of the time I like the SL2, but when weather gets bad and you're trying to do anything other than slee...

In GEAR » Shangri-La 2 or MLD Trailstar?
January 21, 9:55pm

Re: Is there a decent non-lightweight forum?
First of all, good on ya for getting back out there. I'd invite you to stick around. While there are some 5 lb trophyers, I think most on here are more interested in the right skills and ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is there a decent non-lightweight forum?
January 21, 10:48am

Re: Re: Seam Strength, Cuben Fiber
Agreed, Ryan, that a felled seam would be much better there and that construction methods are perhaps more to blame in that case. What I'm thinking is that using such a lightweight face fa...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter 4400 Backpack Review
January 18, 4:49pm

Re: Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter 4400 Backpack Review
Nice review. I find it crazy that HMG didn't use a hybrid cuben with a heavier face fabric. I received some samples from Cubic a while back while looking for fabrics for MYOG project and the ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter 4400 Backpack Review
January 18, 8:18am

Re: Some perspective on the choice of fabric
It depends hugely on what type of hiking you're doing. You might be more agile, but rocks/canyon walls/branches are sometimes unavoidable, and even with a light pack the occasional pack loweri...

In Make Your Own Gear » Typical Pack Bag Failures
January 17, 4:26pm

Re: Re: Re Re Rab
From Mike's link: "Like the AL, it's a versatile top that you either wear as a cold conditions, next-to-skin, heavy duty base layer or as a light, high-wicking mid-layer. Where it...

In Editor's Roundtable » Midlayer Technology: Patagonia Capilene 4 v. Mountain Hardwear Desna Hoody
January 17, 4:08pm

Re: Rab
The baseline looks different --more like the R1 powerdry (doesn't have the same voids in the grid). The Rab AL does look like the same PD High Efficiency as the Cap 4.

In Editor's Roundtable » Midlayer Technology: Patagonia Capilene 4 v. Mountain Hardwear Desna Hoody
January 17, 11:53am

Re: Re: Thick, warm fleeces?
Polartec high loft is what you want (used in R2/R3, the Melanzana, monkey man, etc). Don't know about fit, but this one's dirt cheap: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/kenyon-high-loft-pola...

In GEAR » Thick, warm fleeces?
January 17, 10:00am

manual focus
That split screen focusing looks awesome...plus focus peaking. The manual focus might be the most annoying thing for me on the X100.

In Photography » Fuji X100s
January 09, 1:10pm

Re: Re: Re: First Snow- 1/4/13
Thanks Eugene, really enjoyed the read and pics.

In Post-Trip Reports » First Snow- 1/4/13
January 09, 8:06am

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.