BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 191 - 200 of 583 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...59

Forum » Thread

"First group to hike Rae Lakes this year"
James: can you write about snow levels on the Woods Creek trail? was it ever technical getting into Rae Lakes?

In Post-Trip Reports » First group to hike Rae Lakes this year
May 07, 7:34pm

Long sleeve nylon button-up hiking shirt WITHOUT the vent
My Mountain Hardware Canyon nylon shirt has vents under the arms and down the sides. Very nice. However I just looked on line and they're showing this shirt with side AND back vent! Maybe look ...

In GEAR » Long sleeve nylon button-up hiking shirt WITHOUT the "vent"?
May 07, 10:15am

"5 oz Hardshell?"
The North Face makes a 5 oz.ish smock with their Hyvent fabric that isn't too bad. It doesn't breathe much so will wet out from exertion, but it's pretty waterproof. I ended up using it...

In GEAR » 5 oz Hardshell?
May 06, 4:10pm

"Understanding UV protection"
It's not just sunburn that you have to be concerned about. Long term exposure, even without burning, can become an issue for some people. Altitude increases the intensity of uva/uvb rays. I&...

In GEAR » Understanding UV protection
May 06, 3:52pm

"Tent for the JMT"
Matt: believe me, there are plenty of rocks everywhere in the Sierra to anchor your stakes, when it comes to that. I mean, within fifteen feet of your intended campsite--at altitude, where this who...

In GEAR » Tent for the JMT
April 30, 7:36pm

"Ankle support - best boots and braces?"
Re: squishy surface. One legged stands on a bosu ball--that's the half ball with a flat bottom. I stand on the round part; I've seen people flip it and stand on the flat part. You can get &...

In GEAR » Ankle support - best boots and braces?
April 30, 10:16am

"Tent for the JMT"
I like my Fly Creek ul1. It's very weather-worthy. Also, it pitches in all soil/rock conditions in the Sierra. No real condensation problems, once you figure it out. Further, I like the high fa...

In GEAR » Tent for the JMT
April 29, 6:56pm

It may be that I have the Active Ankle brace that Ben mentioned--looks like the Aso...anyway, the important thing is that you can use the finger loops on the figure 8 straps to pull up on both side...

April 29, 10:19am

I really like the Aso ankle support a lot. I've used one on my left foot for three years both hiking and nordic skiing. I find that it's actually MORE comfortable than a sock/figure eight v...

April 28, 8:06pm

"2 week backpack trip in North Cascades"
I think that you'll be very happy with any of the routes around Glacier Peak. You can also access this area from Holden, or even Stehekin (lovely boat ride out of Chelan or 25 Mile Creek requir...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 2 week backpack trip in North Cascades
April 28, 7:44pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm