Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 191 - 200 of 905 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...91

Forum » Thread

"REI Sale 03/27/15 - What are you getting?"
Thanks for the info, Kate. And since rei doesn't give the depth specs, I'm assuming that it's the same as for the UL7, for example: 2.8 inches. Please tell us if that's not true!

In GEAR » REI Sale 03/27/15 - What are you getting?
March 29, 8:38am

o.k. so the dimensions of an Exped ul7 are: 72x20x2.8. synmat winterlite M are: 71x20...no depth reported; assume 2.8 synmat winterlite Mwide: 71x25.5...no depth; assume 2.8...although we nee...

March 28, 8:17pm

Thanks John for pointing this out. I was in a rush and didn't look at the specs carefully. Edit: o.k. rei specs are: 14.3 ounces for the Med; 1 lb. 2.23 ounces for the Medium wide.

March 28, 2:16pm

REI Sale 03/27/15 - What are you getting?"
O.K. I'm late to realizing that the synmat winterlite pad has down and a 4.9 r value,at the same weight essentially as an ul 7. But it tapers at the end. I'm wondering if anyone can comment...

March 28, 11:31am

I need a new Exped mat too. I love my synmat ul7. However, I keep eyeing some iteration of downmat. I really like the extra r value. But the closest I can come, weight wise, to a synmat ul7 seems t...

March 27, 3:03pm

"To Rain Jacket ... or ... Not to Rain Jacket"
Aaron: none of your examples included 'cold rain for four hours, followed by climbing over a pass in snow and sleet for two and a half hours, followed by six more hours in continual cold rain t...

In Philosophy & Technique » To Rain Jacket ... or ... Not to Rain Jacket
March 26, 8:30pm

"My "wind shirt" rant..."
Kate reminds me of another reason that a windshirt is redundant for my multi-day hikes: I always wear a nylon sun shirt. It has a very tight weave and is a kind of windshirt in that regard. My ...

In Multiple Use Gear » My "wind shirt" rant...
March 25, 6:21pm

Hi Richard: I actually do own a Houdini, and really like it for use on local walks and hikes. I especially like the hood. Where I live the weather will change hourly sometimes and the Houdini is gr...

March 24, 11:05am

We are one people, divided by windshirts. I'm with Eric. If I stop at a pass for lunch with views and it's windy, out comes my Event. Often, it's so windy on a pass that a windshirt wou...

March 23, 7:44pm

"Toe blisters"
Well yeah Roger's right: look into the shoe. Perhaps a brand with a wider toe box? Try Keens in- store to get a sense of what a really wide toe box is like, then go from there. And definitely s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Toe blisters
March 23, 10:19am

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm