BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 191 - 200 of 638 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...64

Forum » Thread

"Ropers Sierra High Route"
Jim: you report your primary symptom as being an elevated heart rate. The rest of your symptoms "may" follow from that? Do you have a history of atrial fibrillation? Probably not, or you ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ropers Sierra High Route
August 18, 2:00pm

"Who makes the best clothing for Desert use"
There's a company called Sun Precautions that makes clothes/hats. Their "line" is called Solumbra; 100% spf fabric. Not a backpacking company per se. I've modified their full neck...

In GEAR » Who makes the best clothing for Desert use
August 17, 4:45pm

help keep my feet from turning into hamburger!"
+3 on "Fixing Your Feet". One of the takeaways is the very wide varieties of measures used by different athletes to address their foot issues, and especially blisters. In other words, the...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Help keep my feet from turning into hamburger!
August 12, 6:42pm

"Considering external frame"
I use the Luxury Lite frame with a GG Mariposa strapped on in place of the cylinders that LL also sells. Works great. I couldn't get used to the cylinders but I didn't give them much of a c...

In Philosophy & Technique » Considering external frame
August 11, 1:23pm

"Rain jackets, again"
Rab Demand. But that may have been discontinued too.

In GEAR » Rain jackets, again
August 11, 1:14pm

"New JMT Speed Record"
I'm sorry but you're missing the point of Beethoven's music when you write what you did. Look, to take another example, you *could* read one of Shakespeare's sonnets just like one o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New JMT Speed Record
August 10, 5:09pm

"Rae Lakes Loop Counter Clockwise"
Marsha: treat your hot spots before they become blisters. Easier said than done. Even now I'll 'wait' a half an hour to treat a hot spot and discover a blister when I finally take off m...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Rae Lakes Loop Counter Clockwise
August 07, 6:57pm

"Vargo Ti Arc External Frame Backpack...Thoughts?"
You can strap a soft pack like the GG Mariposa to a Luxury Lite frame. Works great. The LL frame carries a bear canister just brilliantly.

In GEAR » Vargo Ti Arc External Frame Backpack...Thoughts?
August 06, 10:24am

"Sunscreen"
+1 to Sun Day Afternoons hat. Like a sun umbrella, only better.

In GEAR » Sunscreen
August 05, 6:38pm

"Sunscreen"
Neutrogena gets good reviews but it doesn't have zinc and/or titanium. From what I've read, zinc or titanium are excellent--the best--for sun protection. They're also awful in the sense...

In GEAR » Sunscreen
August 05, 1:31pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm