BPL Community Profile

. . (biointegra) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Puget Sound
About Me "Soli Deo Gloria"
CityCircumnavigable
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.vonbora.org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by . .

Showing 191 - 200 of 1143 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...115

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
The variance between batches of the same Cuben fiber fabric IDs is not insignificant. I wonder if QC is improving over time?

In Make Your Own Gear » Protocol B Version 1 Procedure and Test Results
April 27, 1:12pm

Re: Re: Jeremiah Johnson
After watching the Eiger Sanctions, be sure to watch these two videos consecutively: Ueli Steck Training + Philosphy Ueli Steck Eiger Nordwand Ascent Be sure to watch them regardless. C...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Good Outdoor DVD's?
April 26, 10:09pm

Re: JetBoil Sol - TI vs. AL
Thanks for the detailed measurements, Manfred. I still think the Ti is worth it between the two, because of the long term durability of Ti vs. Al and of course an ounce is an ounce, but that's...

In GEAR » JetBoil Sol - TI vs. AL
April 26, 10:04pm

Re: Apparatus for Testing Thermal Insulation Properties
A fantastic teaser... looking forward to the data sets. BTW, great work, Roger. :)

In Editor's Roundtable » Apparatus for Testing Thermal Insulation Properties
April 26, 9:54pm

Glueless Climbing Skins for Tele / Rando / Splitboard
I just picked up a set from: Gecko Skins Has anyone used these yet? I am looking forward to it for several reasons, lighter weight being one, convenience another. They came in at 26 oz. on my ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Glueless Climbing Skins for Tele / Rando / Splitboard
April 26, 9:44pm

Re: Re: light lockblade knives
+1 on SOG Flash 1 - great knife Also, for a premium, if you can find a Benchmade 771 Osborne, they are the cat's meow and around 1.7 oz. with an Axis Lock and about the same length blade as...

In GEAR » light lockblade knives
April 23, 1:10pm

Re: FS - Caldera Ti-Tri & Ti .75 L UL Pasta Pot
Good deal for the right person! If it were the 1000ml version, I'd be on it.

In Gear Swap » FS - Caldera Ti-Tri & Ti .75 L UL Pasta Pot
April 23, 12:48pm

Re: saying hello
Welcome to the metaphoric mesosphere, Ryan. The BTDT's here at BPL will educate you all about UL & SUL, while introducing you to gear from MLD, SMD, GG, etc. Being new to backpacking alto...

In Chaff » saying hello
April 21, 11:16pm

Re: fantastic deal
+1 to what Conrad said...a great deal!

In Gear Swap » GoLite Ultra 20 reg and GoLite RS 3 Seaon quilts
April 20, 7:20pm

Re: WTB short sleeve merino or synthetic shirt
XXXXL?

In Gear Swap » WTB short sleeve merino or synthetic shirt
April 20, 12:48pm

All Reader Reviews by . .

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Cloudveil Company
I had well used and more or less thrashed a jacket that was an early model lightweight 3-layer stretch shell over a period of about 8 years when it "gave up the ghost." Specifically, it beg...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 29, 10:18pm

zpacks Company
I really appreciate the attention to detail in both product and customer service that Joe set's forth. I also really respect his commitment to the reason his gear is created, even to the point of...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 29, 10:12pm

Casio Exilim EX-V8 (awesome video quality!)
The Casio EX-V8 has proved to be the perfect blend of light weight, video quality, sound quality, photo quality, + features that I need for trail & climbing use, as well as everyday moments w/ kid...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
April 19, 11:35pm

Terra Nova Laser
2009 version adds a rear door and 2-way zippers on both sides. It looses the second main zipper and ability to open up the porch all the way and claims to loose a few ounces of weight...but this ende...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
April 19, 10:37pm

Patagonia Spraymaster
This Jacket is a great idea, but unfortunately did not perform as well as I'd hoped. It comes in at 11.7 oz. in a size M, which is heavier than specified from Patagonia. Pros: - fabric...

In Clothing - Raingear
April 10, 10:37pm

Trader Joes Indian Fare
It is as close as you can get to a good restaurant experience in the wilderness - all the work is done for you and the food tastes fresh. Jaipur Vegetables & eggplant are especially yummy; some o...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
March 21, 12:07pm