BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 191 - 200 of 1794 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...180

Forum » Thread

Re: Pertex Quantum vs. Event
Hi Chris, Their is no such thing as Pertex Quantum Endurance. Pertex has a line of what they call Endurance. My Pertex swatch book lists 8 different versions of Pertex Endurance. You are co...

In GEAR » Pertex Quantum vs. Event
August 24, 9:55pm

Re: Pertex Quantum vs. Event
Pertex Quantum is great for what it was designed for - Down Proof - not water proof. It will wet out and get you wet in the first rain that lasts more than a few minutes. E-vent and Pertex Shie...

In GEAR » Pertex Quantum vs. Event
August 24, 4:48pm

Re: packweights R fun.
Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates First message on this thread that was started on 04/01/2007. Super Ultra Light "Off Set" Certificates-Link ======================...

In GEAR » Backpacking Weight Ranks
August 19, 11:29am

0.6 oz cuben?
Hi Brad, I mostly use the 4-ply stuff to reinforce seams where I think the most stress will be. I also use it for pack panels that need a bit of extra strength. When I think about the cost o...

In Make Your Own Gear » 0.6oz cuben?
August 15, 5:14pm

Re: 0.6oz cuben?
Brad asked about: "The closest fabric weight is actually CT0.3HBK.08, an extra bias fabric that's another ~$15/yard and I'm pretty sure no one's using that. " I have or ha...

In Make Your Own Gear » 0.6oz cuben?
August 15, 12:39pm

Re: EXCLUSIVE! Race Report: 2009 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic
What more can I say but that this was really great. I enjoyed reading this "Race Report" more than anything on this site in a very long time. Thanks.

In Editor's Roundtable » EXCLUSIVE! Race Report: 2009 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic
August 11, 8:00pm

Beartooth Wilderness 6-day list - Lightweight Backpacking (WS1-LWB)-3 Day
The comment about the pack weight isn't much different than a requirement that the "Footwear" for the "Lightweight Backpacking (WS1-LWB) 3-Day" has a "Max Weight" ...

In Gear Lists » Beartooth Wilderness 6-day list
August 10, 12:03pm

Maybe not wool in the summer months?
Hi, Why don't you try one of the new Patagonia Merino Wool #1 long or short sleeve crews. I have one of the short sleeve ones and like it a lot. I am going to get a long sleeve one for som...

In GEAR » Maybe not wool in the summer months?
July 21, 1:32pm

GG Polycryo / Propore Bivy Sewing (again)....
Eric, I tried some tape that works on Cuben but it tore next to the tape line. I tried it twice and it tore both times. All this doesn't have to mean it will not work. It may just need ...

In Make Your Own Gear » GG Polycryo / Propore Bivy
June 21, 10:00pm

GG Polycryo / Propore Bivy Sewing (again)....
Hi Eric, I have used my Bivy a few times and it doesn't seem to be holding up very well. I had not noticed a tear toward the foot end until I just turned it inside out to look at the fold...

In Make Your Own Gear » GG Polycryo / Propore Bivy
June 21, 5:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am