Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 191 - 200 of 10279 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...1028

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: "Black Monday?" Redux
"My own thoughts are that the vast majority do not enjoy being underemployed or non-productive after spending years studying advanced math or engineering. " I would agree. But that do...

In Chaff » Black Monday?
July 05, 8:07pm

Re: "Black Monday?" Redux
The Euro seems, to me, a wrong-headed "triumph" of politics over economics. The sooner the Eurocrats can admit to their own fundamental mistake, the better for everyone.

In Chaff » Black Monday?
July 05, 7:46pm

Re:
"[T]his is about SC Governor Nikki Haley's call for the "removal of a symbol that divides us", specifically the Battle Flag of Virginia, commonly known as the as the Confederate ...

In Chaff » SC Governor is So Wrong!
July 05, 7:40pm

Nature is Still Scary
I remember growing up in the '60s and '70s -- we thought the amazing advancements in science and medicine -- like antibiotics -- would make stuff like this an easy thing to treat. But alas...

In Chaff » Still a Scary World Out There
July 04, 10:44pm

Re: "Tyranny of the Majority"
Craig - You're right. We can't talk (criticize) about everything - because we will never run out of negatives to pick against - and that can really tear a society apart - which helps no on...

July 04, 1:20pm

"Someday, there will be war between white and black people." It was pretty surprising to hear/see this." Very sad testament. Seems most everyone likes to play victim. Even if th...

July 04, 10:02am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Tyranny of the Majority"
"Yeah, slavery and treatment of native Americans was horrible, but didn't seem so bad in the context of the day. Today, I think it's pretty horrible that we invaded Iraq and created su...

July 04, 8:42am

Re: Re: Re: "Tyranny of the Majority"
"no government is forcibly taking someone's flag down some governments are taking their own flag(s) down some businesses are choosing not to carry flags some people are protesting some...

July 04, 8:03am

Re: Re: Re: "Tyranny of the Majority"
"Given the brutal and ongoing legacy of American slavery and institutional racism, the thought that the grievances of the people and communities most affected by that legacy and offended by th...

July 04, 7:57am

@Craig: Well then, if it's now a "kinder, gentler" KKK that isn't lynching people, then freedom of speech still applies? I still view that organization with the greatest disdain.

July 04, 7:52am

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am