BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 191 - 200 of 9566 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...957

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: "Gear Swap Etiquette
"One thing I have noticed when doing business via PM on gear swap is a lot of folk never say hello or thank you." Since we're on the bitching track... many posters on this forum do...

In Gear Swap » Gear Swap Etiquette
March 18, 11:48pm

Re: How's this?
Too subtle. I say either use Ryan Jordan or Roger Caffin. :)

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Change nickname request nearly a month old
March 18, 11:27pm

Re: Bladders/ Bottles for Sawyer and Steripen
I use Steripen exclusively for international hosteling -- tap water around the world may be laden with germs, but they are generally clear and good to OK tasting. I prefer using a hard plastic, wi...

In GEAR » Hydration bladders... out of fashion?
March 18, 11:23pm

Re: I don't get why you don't get it
Want to get the forum admin all riled up so they'll finally change your nickname? Change your name to Ryan Jordan.

March 18, 11:14pm

Re: Anyone?
Poor Travis... A nickname is forever, didn't you know?

March 18, 12:04pm

Re: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! What's for dinner?
Them are fighting words, Travis! :)

In Chaff » Happy St. Patrick's Day! What's for dinner?
March 18, 9:14am

Re: Why are all the eVent Rain Jackets so short
eVent isn't the lightest of materials. I recall Integral Designs bragging how light their jacket was. Yep. About one size too small compared to most others. But how else are you going to ad...

In GEAR » Why are all the eVent Rain Jackets so short
March 18, 9:08am

Only Four Sleeping Bags?
That barely cover the seasons. What about positioning for different humidity and dew points? I can't see how just four can cover everything adequately. The name escapes me at the moment, ...

In Philosophy & Technique » I think I have a gear problem
March 17, 11:44pm

Re: Re: Getting the PDF directly from the site
What I do when I wish to keep an article is to copy / paste to Word. Oftentimes, I do it by section -- instead of copy/paste in its entirety -- to avoid ugly, mismatched pics and margins and all ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Downloading Articles as PDF's
March 17, 10:04pm

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! What's for dinner?
Yum! Moi, nothing Irish. Will broil a steak and steam some asparagus and rice.

In Chaff » Happy St. Patrick's Day! What's for dinner?
March 17, 3:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am