BPL Community Profile

Ben 2 World (ben2world) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Ben 2 World has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben 2 World

Showing 191 - 200 of 9594 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...960

Forum » Thread

Origin of Spiderman
"in 1900, the vast majority of black widow spider bites were inflicted on male genitalia." because that is what projects further into an outhouse" The real truth -- those idiots w...

In GEAR » Still going without tp?
March 22, 3:19pm

Another Way to Carry a Blade
How about carrying a blade like this guy did -- and for three whole years!?!

In GEAR » Why a knife instead of scissors?
March 22, 11:23am

Re: Re: trash everywhere
"I would ratheer go outside than use most of the backcountry loos I've seen." I have never and I will never use an outhouse / pit toilet to do #2. EEEeeewwww!!! Truth be told, I...

March 21, 9:40pm

Re: tp
"You actually need an amazingly small amount of TP per "session"." Correction -- No one needs to use any TP at all. However, you can choose to use an "amazingly sma...

March 21, 4:06pm

Re: survice
5 posts thus far... pray tell, what is "survice"?? :)

In GEAR » Hilleberg thread
March 21, 4:02pm

Re: Still going without tp?
" It was very liberating" Indeed. Heck, when I was a newbie back in 2004 -- my virgin overnight trip -- I wasn't scared of getting lost or getting eaten by lions -- no -- my big ...

March 21, 12:27pm

Re: Still going without tp?
Yep. Do my business, cup the hand and wash with water. Apply a dollop of Purell. No need to dry, unless you are wearing cotton -- heaven forbid. Polyester dries in just moments. In my vie...

March 21, 10:23am

Water Holster
A number of boutique gear makers make add-on water holsters -- like Simblissity. It's easy enough to buy two and sew /velcro them onto your hip belt?

In GEAR » how to carry 2L platy on hipbelt?
March 20, 9:08pm

Re: Re: Re: price on leica
Three of the four are shown upside down. I use Chrome browser.

In Gear Swap » FS: Leica V Lux 1 Camera
March 20, 6:53pm

Re: Shirt for chilly mornings
"I was hiking the other morning, temps about 50 degrees. The breeze was blowing just enough to bring a chill, but not nearly cold enough for my Montbell down jacket." IMO, the less pie...

In GEAR » Shirt for chilly mornings
March 20, 5:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben 2 World

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
I've been using titanium shepherd hook stakes for years now -- loving their ultralight weight but disappointed with their suboptimal ground penetration and holding power. These stakes can be bent...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 09, 8:02pm

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I received my pair and went on a moderate 2-hour hike today (approx. 2,000 ft. elevation gain over 2.7 miles -- then returning back down). I find the specs to be accurate, and the poles a beauty to...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:33pm

MontBell Versalite 20
This is a no-thrills but well-constructed frameless day pack. You can see photo and specs here. You can also see BPL...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 04, 7:18pm

Coleman F1 Ultralight
The first review touched on the F1's performance. This post will describe and critique the set up process. Prior to buying the F1, I have used the MSR PocketRocket (PR). With the PR, all you ...

In Stoves - Canister
January 28, 11:03am

Micropur MP 1 Chlorine Dioxide Water Purifier Tablet
Comparison to Potable Aqua above is incorrect. For bacteria and viruses, Micropur is just as effective and easy to use (15 minutes treatment time). It is only for protozoa (e.g. cryptosporidium) t...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 06, 9:28am