Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 191 - 200 of 4101 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...411

Forum » Thread

dead bird and patagucci
folks ... consider that dead bird and patagucci mostly sell synthetic base layers consider that their target market is very "stink" adverse if the stink with synthetics with thos...

In GEAR » Synthetic Stink: Scientifically proven
September 08, 11:54pm

shoes
for synthetic climbing shoes we use lysol or something else thats anti bacterial ... which is what climbing gyms use as well that combined with washing should do the trick personally ive n...

In GEAR » Synthetic Stink: Scientifically proven
September 08, 7:21pm

Re: "Nearly"
The author of the above link is a normal backpacker in normal "caught unprepared" in the rain circumstances While you can generate body heat while moving ... This may not be enough if ...

In GEAR » how to handle base layers in freezing rain
September 06, 8:10pm

Re: Risk of Hypothermia
While you are exerting yourself you have nearly zero chance of becoming hypothermic. "After both Honolulu and Trim hiked out, I quickly decided that hanging out in my tent all day around ...

September 06, 3:21pm

Synth
Youll be fine with your two sets of baselayers Just make sure you are using synth ... And bring a container that can hold hot water, like a nalgene At 40F you migh need more than a mid we...

September 04, 7:52pm

Squirt
I use a squirt thats permanatly attached to my keys anyways When climbing having pliers that can tweak a few things can be quite useful Not to mention the mini screwdriver can tighten up my g...

In GEAR » Knife or multi-tool
September 03, 9:43pm

Additive
Mec blue foam pads have a R 1.4 Simply add that to the R of yr current pad Over or under works ... Foam under though protects the pad better ;)

In GEAR » regular ccf pad under large inflatable pad.
September 02, 7:29pm

Re: Eric
I would recommend a hooded down sweater that has ~4oz+ of quality 800 +down at minimum for 20F ... Preferably one that can fit under (and over) yr atom This might a bit conservative but remember...

In GEAR » Down jackets. Help me finally choose.
September 02, 6:38pm

Two
Its more flexible ... Which allows you to minimize sweat The r1/t3 is not really meant as a base layer by itself but rather a mid layer The cap4/r1 on the other hand is meant as a next to ski...

In GEAR » 2 base layers vs 1 thicker layer.
September 02, 6:04pm

Hint
One hint is to get a down sweater that fits under yr atom This - protects the down from external moisture - allows the internal moisture to migrate outward to the synthetic The downside...

In GEAR » Down jackets. Help me finally choose.
September 02, 5:53pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm