BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 191 - 200 of 3854 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...386

Forum » Thread

fire
one way to test whether you can REALLY start a fire under the worst conditions ... on a rainy/snowy day freezing day jump into a stream/lake with all your clothes on then get out and try to o...

In GEAR » A 3.4oz fire starting insurance policy
December 17, 2:43pm

ll bean
i think BPLers do a disservice to LL bean they make things that others here would use anyday if it was one of the more "popular" brands as mentioned theres an primaloft ONE nanopuff...

In GEAR » What to buy with 50$ at LL Bean?
December 17, 2:37pm

Re: Re: Crag gloves
that loose thread is normal on many outdoor brands .... ive found stuff like that on montbell, dead birds, patagucci, MEC and other clothes the ONLY brand i havent found loose threads on is west...

In GEAR » Best DURABLE glove?
December 15, 2:03pm

less
you dont need both a hat and hoodie if you are sweating both out keep the hat in the pack ;)

In GEAR » Winter hiking and perspiration
December 15, 1:25pm

Re: Re: Crag gloves
thats surprising ... i know several people with those gloves and ive used theirs as well and as i said, one of my partners uses hers for hours on end ... and used them trekking in the amazon an...

December 15, 1:22pm

MEC vega
its 13-14 oz ... servers the same purpose as a 100 wt fleece http://www.mec.ca/product/5025-690/mec-vega-hoodie-mens/ ;)

In GEAR » 100 weight full zip Fleece Hoody under 13 oz?
December 14, 3:06pm

Fair Labour Association and MEC
http://blog.mec.ca/2013/12/12/mec-is-now-accredited-by-the-fair-labor-association/ a bit of MEC propaganda ... note that many of the popular outdoor companies here dont have the same ... ;)

In Philosophy & Technique » Fair Labour Association and MEC
December 13, 4:03pm

fine
youll be fine i own and use a cats meow and an ID microbivi ... now i dont go out for days on end in it ... but synth usually shrugs off condensation ... it might get a bit damp, but a hawt n...

In GEAR » EE Prodigy + MLD Superlight Bivy for Winter Mtn Use in Southeast
December 12, 5:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: BD Crag glove
dale ... i use the mechanix gloves for the last few years just fine ... just a warning, like all leather (synth leather) they arent quick drying as to chaffing with the BD crag gloves ... ...

December 12, 2:01pm

more fill
as others have said if you want to be "warm" below freezing something with 4 oz or so of down is probably best EB downlights are always on sale, and MB makes their alpine lights .. ...

In GEAR » Best choice among the UL down jackets?
December 12, 1:22pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm