Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 191 - 200 of 4325 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...433

Forum » Thread

question
heres a question for those EE folks is there any real practical difference between your 800 fill GGD and 800 fill GDD? ;)

In GEAR » Down types GDD vs GGD
January 09, 10:36am

Re: Re: booby traps and mtbr
The vancouver area is very bike friendly Some of these trails may be bike trails built and maintained by bikers for such purposes Any other users are secondary at best, or find them unsafe to...

In Philosophy & Technique » The inevitable bike legalization of the JMT
January 08, 10:20am

Woman charged after video allegedly catches her setting booby traps on North Vancouver bike trails
A 64-year-old woman will appear in court next month after an RCMP investigation into a rash of vandalism and booby traps being set on a number of mountain bike trails in North Vancouver. The wom...

In Philosophy & Technique » The inevitable bike legalization of the JMT
January 07, 9:02pm

Re: Lost Overnight
Its almost always better to wait for daylight to descend of climbs The chances of fallin off something is quite high, or not finding the proper rappels However with my 900 lumen headlamp that...

In Philosophy & Technique » Becoming disoriented in the woods
January 07, 7:48pm

Idfl
Read the literature on the idfl website about down testing Just how the down was transported and how much it was shaken out can have up to a ~40% variability in the tests And this is in a lab...

In GEAR » Hypothetical BPL Down testing - sample sizes, tester, etc???
January 07, 9:11am

Cheap
Theres plenty of perfectly serviceable but cheap gear that folks in real life use every day outside You dont need "name brands" or technical names for decent gear For example the 65...

In GEAR » Soooo, I need a job.....
January 06, 6:49pm

Re: Re: Could high FP-down benefit from an anti-humidity treatment ?
Its "forum talk" bases on tests that our illustrious dear leader he got the IDFL to do As to the companies using lower fill power down rather than synth in more moisture succeptible ar...

In GEAR » Could high FP-down benefit from an anti-humidity treatment ?
January 06, 9:28am

Unknown
Its one of the marketing claims made of DWR down How it works in reality no one knows ... I havent seen any real tests Also interesting is whether flurocarbon treated DWR lessen body oils get...

In GEAR » Could high FP-down benefit from an anti-humidity treatment ?
January 05, 5:22pm

By the spec
Well if "by the spec" means re-iterating that the manufacturer themselves dont recommend using their own product where life or limb is at stake ... Ill point that out when BPL fails to...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2014 Staff Picks
January 05, 4:55pm

Re: Re: Full zip Capiline 4 hoodie alternate ?
The new mec T2 is no longer similar to the cap4 They use a powerdry with smaller bumps and a bit less gap between them Its more similar to the dead bird phase SV in that regard ;)

In GEAR » Full zip Capiline 4 hoodie alternate ?
January 04, 10:06am

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm