BPL Community Profile

Ben Crowell (bcrowell) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Ben Crowell has not added a biography yet.
CityFullerton
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crowell

Showing 191 - 200 of 329 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...33

Forum » Thread

Re: Canister
@Joe: I have no experience with grizzlies or grizzly country, so please take everything I said as applying only to black bears. @Sam: I think the Garcias are pretty thoroughly tested with bears ...

In GEAR » Hanging Bear Canisters
July 05, 7:36pm

Re: Re: calories@ Ben
Tom wrote: "Then why are you making strong recommendations for longer trips based on your 3 day trips?" I've looked back over my posts in this thread, and I don't think I ever ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » need in increase calorie intake
July 05, 7:24pm

Re: drinking water
Wow, beautiful pictures! Makes me want to hike in Norway!! Longhiker wrote: "and yet people seem more worried about giardia here (and I always treat water here)." The scientific evide...

In Post-Trip Reports » Trollhetta, Norway 7/2-7/4
July 05, 3:22pm

Re: Hanging Bear Canisters
IIRC, hanging a canister up high is one of the most common ways of making it fail. Pretty much the only way a bear can open a canister is if it the canister drops from a considerable height and cra...

In GEAR » Hanging Bear Canisters
July 05, 3:17pm

calories
@Tom: I don't claim that I'm right and you're wrong. I don't claim that my experience on 3-day trips is valid for longer trips. I'm simply claiming that there are half a dozen u...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » need in increase calorie intake
July 05, 2:42pm

notes
Thanks, all, for the info! I just waxed my salamis (does that sound vaguely obscene?), and will record a few things here in case it might be helpful to others. My grocery store didn't have p...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how to coat cheese and salami in wax
July 05, 12:49pm

Re: Re: how to roast nuts in olive oil?
Ken wrote: "you don't need to add olive oil to roast nuts." The point is to add energy density.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how to roast nuts in olive oil?
July 05, 11:13am

Re: Re: how to coat cheese and salami in wax?
Thanks, Bob -- much appreciated! -Ben

July 05, 10:16am

how to roast nuts in olive oil?
I've heard that roasting nuts in olive oil can be a good way to increase energy density. Does anyone have a good recipe/procedure? Would you do this in an oven, or a pan on a stovetop? How hot ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how to roast nuts in olive oil?
July 05, 9:28am

how to coat cheese and salami in wax?
I'm mailing a resupply package that I won't pick up for two weeks. I'd like to include a wedge of hard cheese and a whole dry salami. I've heard that these things can be made to kee...

July 05, 9:25am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crowell

Ben Crowell has posted no reviews.