BPL Community Profile

Paul Wagner (balzaccom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wine Country
About Me Decades of hiking and backpacking in the Sierra...and beyond. Check out our website for fun, stories, trip reports, photos and philosophy!
CityNapa
StateCA
My Website URLhttps://sites.google.com/site/backpackthesierra/home

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Wagner

Showing 191 - 200 of 401 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...41

Forum » Thread

oh yeah
I take a very lightweight underlayer that is ONLY for sleeping. And a pair of very lightweight pj bottoms as well. The underlayer also gets used from time to time as a "hand around in cam...

In Philosophy & Technique » Separate sleeping clothes - yeah or nay
March 25, 3:13pm

Homeless campsites---how are they different from wilderness campsites?
Some major construction projects in our area got us thinking about the homeless in our town. In a way, these folks are backpackers, too, albeit in an urban environment. And so we started think...

In Philosophy & Technique » Homeless campsites---how are they different from wilderness campsites?
March 21, 10:13am

Re: Re: Everywhere
"But if there isn't a fire ring, then just build it right on the ground and scatter your ashes when done. Whenever I see a fire ring while hiking off trail I always disassemble it." ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » tuolumne meadows to the valley
March 17, 11:35am

Vegas to SF
I know you are from Russia, but the best backpacking in California is actually in the Sierra Nevada---and they are covered in snow right now. Unless you really want a winter adventure, I'd adv...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Badly need advice. 5-7 days. California. Early April.
March 04, 11:48am

Jennie Lakes
You can hike into this area either from Lodgepole or Rowell Meadows...and then wander across a fair amount of territory, including Silliman Pass and beyond. Lovely stuff.

In Pre-Trip Planning » West Side Entrance of SEKI 4-5 day Trip Ideas
March 03, 9:52pm

Don't forget the hardward
As David noted--a rope without the harness and hardware is just added weight. And if you don't know what kind of hardware you'll need, go with someone who does. That doesn't seem t...

In GEAR » Rope for Scrambling
February 10, 9:11am

Local fire stations
I always get mine from the local CDF fire station about four miles away from my house. They never ask any questions---in fact, I usually have to help them with the form... But once I have it, i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question about California campfire permits.
February 03, 10:15pm

Yosemite in Spring
The obvious choices are the Rancheria Falls trail out of Hetch-hetchy (or something else in that area: Laurel Lake, etc,) or the North Rim, which in a light snow year gets enough sun to be passable...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Yosemite
January 24, 4:36pm

suitcase
WE just put ours in a larger suitcase...and leave the suitcase at a trailhead hotel. works fine

In GEAR » Tips on flying with Backpack in checked in baggage
January 24, 4:26pm

wicked thoughts
Thanks Raquel. I'll have to track down that book and check it out!

In Philosophy & Technique » Women and men on the trail
January 17, 9:02am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner has posted no reviews.