BPL Community Profile

Paul Wagner (balzaccom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wine Country
About Me Decades of hiking and backpacking in the Sierra...and beyond. Check out our website for fun, stories, trip reports, photos and philosophy!
CityNapa
StateCA
My Website URLhttps://sites.google.com/site/backpackthesierra/home

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Wagner

Showing 191 - 200 of 366 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...37

Forum » Thread

noob
And I think you can tell, Jennifer, that we've all been there!

In GEAR » Embarrassing noob alky stove question...
November 29, 8:36am

Winter weather
I know it doesn't make it easier to go hiking this winter, and yes, we've had a few storms, and another one or more is on the way. But we really do need a long wet winter this year. Last...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Winter weather
November 27, 3:12pm

Food for thought
Yes, tomorrow is Thanksgiving--easily the best eating holiday we celebrate in this country. Along with everyone else, we'll be chowing down on a fabulous feast. And worrying just a bit about ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Food for thought
November 21, 7:25pm

From Buenos Aires
From our blog of earlier this summer: And you may also see that P is wearing a new hat in these latest photos. He picked up the most recent version at the Mataderos Flea Market in Buenos Aires....

In GEAR » What hats do you use?
November 19, 10:14pm

Napa ain't all grapes
Less than ten percent of Napa COunty is vineyards. Most of it is what we call "goat land," steep costal mountains with lots of scrub. IN the western part you'll find redwoods, but i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cell phone rescue in Napa
November 18, 7:20pm

Cell phone rescue in Napa
It really works! (at least when you have reception...) From the Napa Valley Register: Two 19-year-old teenagers were rescued Wednesday evening from the Oat Hill Mine Trail near Calistoga w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cell phone rescue in Napa
November 15, 6:27pm

backpackthesierra.com
We've got one...part of our larger website. Lots of trip reports etc. backpackthesierra.com

In On the Web » BPLrs with blogs
November 14, 12:59pm

F--
I seem to remember that letter from my school days...

In Chaff » David Ure and such....
November 13, 9:51am

restaurant reviews
If you've ever taken a long backpacking trip, you've probably dreamt about food--especially the meal you are going to eat once you get back to civilization. Pizza, hamburgers, steak, cold ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » restaurant reviews
October 10, 4:16pm

Holy Mackerel! `
Ok--as someone who rides a road bike 6,000 miles a year, I have to say that is simply astounding. And I LOVED to chain ring tattoo clearly visible in that early shot!

In Chaff » Practice makes ........ amazing...
October 10, 9:10am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner has posted no reviews.