Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Don Selesky (backslacker) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Don Selesky hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Don Selesky has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Selesky

Showing 191 - 200 of 292 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

Re: 3 Shelter Options. Would Like Your Opinion
How about this as an option: - Mountain Laurel Designs Grace Solo Spinntex EXP Tarp: 7.5oz - Mountain Laurel Designs Serenity Shelter: 8.0oz - Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy: 7.5oz You c...

In GEAR » 3 Shelter Options. Would Like Your Opinion
January 24, 8:05pm

Re: Powermax Canisters For Coleman "X" Stoves
"You can also buy them on eBay, but they're quite expensive. I've also seen them on other internet sites, but again a bit pricey." I've seen them on various Internet sites,...

In GEAR » Cartridges For Coleman Exponent
January 23, 6:46pm

Re: New shelter
"Misting is not the same as condensation falling from the inside of a silnylon wall. Fact: Most silnylon has a hydrostatic head of only 1000 to 1200mm. Under hard rain pressure the fabric will...

In GEAR » New shelter
January 23, 8:18am

Re: Cartridges For Coleman Exponent
I've been able to find the cartridges locally at REI, and I believe that Coleman is committed to continue making the cartridges at least for the foreseeable future. And, as a last resort, Cole...

In GEAR » Cartridges For Coleman Exponent
January 23, 8:12am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TT Moment
"Is there a seam on the tarp? Do you use one of those ridgeline setups where the line is strung between two trees and the tarp attached to it, and if so, was the line below the tarp? The only ...

In GEAR » New shelter
January 22, 1:20am

Re: Scarp
"So what do you guys think of the scarp? How does it compare to the moment?" Don't have a Moment, but I do have the Scarp 1 with the new fly. It's a very nice four season tent...

In GEAR » New shelter
January 21, 7:40pm

Re: New Shelter
"My experience is that in a major downpour, water will find its way through if there is a way through, even when the way is not apparent to the naked eye. This can occur at a seam, as noted by...

In GEAR » New shelter
January 21, 7:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: TT Moment
"Hmmm, seems strange. Silnylon, maybe (though I haven't experienced it), cuben seems unlikely. Are you sure the rain wasn't just misting the condensation off the inside of the tent? I ...

In GEAR » New shelter
January 21, 4:27pm

Re: TT Moment
"You'll hear about single wall silnylon tents "misting" in a driving thunderstorm and it may be true but I've not yet experienced that problem." I had that problem wi...

In GEAR » New shelter
January 21, 2:09pm

Re: best winter pack for carrying snowshoes
I've had good luck with an REI Flash 65 pack: http://www.rei.com/product/778468 They also have a 50L model. Not the absolute lightest available, but still light and comfortable.

In GEAR » best winter pack for carrying snowshoes
January 21, 2:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Don Selesky

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've had my 30F #3 bag down to 12F on a winter camping trip, wearing a mid-weight synthetic parka and pants, under a tarp and bivy combination. I was comfortable up to the 12F temps, although I w...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 04, 2:45am

Big Sky International
I ordered a tent about mid-December of last year also, and would be stunned at this point if it ever showed up. I suspect that you'll never get a refund simply because Big Sky doesn't have it - the f...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 05, 2:02pm