BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 191 - 200 of 1171 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...118

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: a good fastpack?
I think what would fit you bill would be a Mountain Hardware Rocket Vest. 20 liters. I think this is too big to use as a vest and too much weight for the lack of cushioning the vest has. I h...

In GEAR » a good fastpack?
August 31, 4:42pm

Re: Re: What I'm Taking on my JMT Hike (all packed up)
I have made a few changes due to the large amount of rain recently in the sierra's. I'll update the list of what's in the pics in a bit. I am at just over 16 pound pack weight with ...

In Gear Lists » What I'm Taking on my JMT Hike (this is how you do it)
August 30, 11:39pm

Re: bear can
I plan on hiking a lot more than just 37 miles a day. To me, this is "fun".

August 24, 12:13pm

California Rim Fire is getting BIG!
105,000 acres bured already. Just wanted to start the topic to what everyone thinks.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Rim Fire is getting BIG!
August 23, 6:42pm

Re: Calories
Scott, No canister. Here is the map of where you have to have a canister. http://www.sierrawild.gov/bears/food-storage-map I am going to sleep before the cut at Bubbs Creek. And then ...

August 23, 6:35pm

Re: Current conversations with JMT hikers
Yes, but all that light stuff is sitting right by the stuff they buy. They are ultimately making the choice. If anyone even wanted to look into lighting thier load, it doesn't take much to fi...

In Philosophy & Technique » Current conversations with JMT hikers
August 21, 10:50am

Re: Recommendations for a 10-12 day trip
What about just starting at Kearsarge and going to Reds or Tuolumne? You skip the 2 hardest points and cut back on the amount of food before the resupply. Either way would get some easy permits. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Recommendations for a 10-12 day trip
August 16, 2:28pm

Re: Tales of 20 miles days... or how to do 20 miles and make it effortless.
25 miles, even at a 2 mph average is 12 1/2 hours of hiking. So you first need to designate that time for hiking with only those 10 minute breaks ever 1.5 hours. If you are not able to sustain ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tales of 20 miles days... or how to do 20 miles and make it effortless.
August 12, 11:02pm

Re: agreed.
The one thing I can say about this is that the 2 rangers I came in contact with were in areas where you can hang. I'm pretty sure I told him I'm hanging and just hiking strait through the ...

August 07, 10:13pm

Re: Re: Re: New Pacific Crest Trail Record
Josh and others, You are also asking a question in your reply. We are just answering your question.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Pacific Coast Trail Record
August 07, 8:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm