BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 191 - 200 of 1261 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...127

Forum » Thread

Re: Stupid light
While doing the JMT without a sleeping bag, I thought I would just sleep for 1 1/2 hours before sunset and after sunrise while the temps were still warm. Needless to say, this "idea" d...

In Philosophy & Technique » Your "stupid light" moments.
December 07, 2:40pm

Re: Great info
Just made one today with Impitus 1.1 It actually breathes a lot more than I thought it would (by breath test). Has a 36" zipper. Not sure of the weight yet.

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy Suggestions.
December 05, 11:00pm

Re: SOLD
I got it. It's awesome. Thanks Stephen

In Gear Swap » FS- Marmot Plasma 30 Sleeping Bag. Like New condition.
December 01, 5:26pm

Re: Re: Reading...
The Spark SG5 has a 1 lumen and 6 lumen level. It's a single aa battery and the 1 lumen lasts for 6 days. Also a 30 lumen (good for night hiking) level for 9 hours. At 40 grams it's l...

In GEAR » Zebralight overload...help me choose
December 01, 5:18pm

Re: Enigma quilt system
Adding 5.5 ounces for the synthetic would allow you to be in all climates. I think that would be a little better set-up. That's a sweet piece of gear (s)...

In GEAR » Enigma quilt system
November 25, 4:56pm

Re: Marmot Plasma
I'll take it. PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS- Marmot Plasma 30 Sleeping Bag. Like New condition.
November 24, 2:46pm

Re: Re: A review
So I had a Kinsman Pullover from thru-hiker with M90. It was the first article of clothing I made and the seams around the zipper weren't straight. So I undid the seams, took the zipper and...

In GEAR » "Faux-dini": 2.3 oz. Windshirt, <$15 - Initial Review and Sourcing
November 24, 1:59pm

Golite 850 fill quilts in stock for $179
Golite hardly ever has their quilts in stock, especially the new one. Thought you might like to know.

In Gear Deals » Golite 850 fill quilts in stock for $179
November 22, 7:22pm

Re: Re: BPL ads and malware?
I could give a crap about the ads, I just want the old forum search back.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL ads and malware?
November 22, 5:47pm

Re: Incorporating baffle netting into the edge seam?
Here you go. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/sewing_primer_straight_and_top_stitch.html#.Uo_5jCjWf6s

In Make Your Own Gear » Summer Quilt Project - To sew trhough or baffle?
November 22, 5:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm