BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 191 - 200 of 1284 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...129

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: GGG list of gear you're bringing (shelter, packs, sleeping bags, quilts, stoves, cookpots, etc.)
I'll be going SUL.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 05, 1:09pm

Re: Re: Extra wide quilts being offered!
Or just a normal quilt width for someone who's 6' 10", which he can now accommodate. Tim needs to spread the word a little more on all his new sizes and the different fill availabil...

In GEAR » Extra wide quilts being offered!
January 04, 5:45pm

Re: Re: MYOG Down Jacket with Box Baffles.
Hey Tim, It's the Chocolate Brown. I love the argon fabric. It's not only soft, but I have no down leakage from it. I picked up 2 of the Faux- Jack Wolskin Windshirts for a syntheti...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Down Jacket with Box Baffles.
January 04, 4:00pm

Re: Re: MYOG Down Jacket with Box Baffles.
I've made 13 quilts, 2 other jackets, a wind breaker and 2 insulated pants. No way am I going to make another down jacket. I just used the argon for the baffles. The hood is what came ou...

January 04, 1:33pm

MYOG Down Jacket with Box Baffles.
Okay, just finished my down jacket. Fabric is Argon 10D with over 5 ounces of down and has a 1 1/4" box construction baffle in the main body. I wanted a jacket that I could take out in t...

January 03, 9:47pm

Re: not a bad start for voting
You know what I would like to see even more than a consensus about what weight is UL and SUL should be, is to stop using UL in gear that would not make an UL kit. 3 1/2 pound tent, 2 1/2 pound b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 01, 7:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: nobul2
Almost done with the jacket. I will post some pictures when done. The box construction is so warm with all that down. Uniformity is so nice as well. Not sure of the weight. I couldn'...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Down Jacket
December 31, 7:20pm

Re: Not Quite
When are we ever going to go metric? We're about the only fools to use pounds, so really it should be metric. I wish it was 5 Kilos for UL. It would get a lot more people wanting to get down...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
December 31, 12:44pm

Klymit Pads on the Klymb for cheap
Klymit pads are at least $25 less than any price I've seen at The Clymb right now.

In Gear Deals » Klymit Pads on the Klymb for cheap
December 27, 10:34pm

Re: SUL? Not for long trips.
James, I think you are looking at what SUL completely wrong. It is not a 1# pack, 1# bag and 1# of shelter (all within a couple ounces). This is nowhere near what it takes to go SUl. Every ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Anyone done a SUL Thru-Hike?
December 27, 11:33am

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm