BPL Community Profile

Ashley Brown (ashleyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ashley Brown hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Ashley Brown has not added a biography yet.
CitySydney
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ashley Brown

Showing 191 - 200 of 1159 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...116

Forum » Thread

Re: Thanks Ashley...
Ha, forget it! It's 42 inches wide at the base!! BD Mirage I meant the copper spur 2 rather than the 3. But that probably isn't wide enough for what you want. Unfortunately you hav...

In GEAR » Black Diamond Products?
July 27, 3:11am

Re: Black Diamond Products?
Since I'm feeling particularly helpful today I've scouted you out a review and some "in the field" pics of the SL3 ;-) http://adventurelogue.blogspot.com/2008/12/gear-review-bi...

July 27, 2:49am

Black Diamond Products?
It's also worth mentioning that you're getting very close to the weight of a BA seedhouse SL3, which is *much* more roomy: If width wasn't a concern I would go with the BA copper...

July 27, 2:45am

Re: Black Diamond Products?
Black Diamond are probably best known on BPL for their trekking poles (flicklock), which are well-liked (bomber but a tad heavy), and their firstlight winter tent (also popular, if you don't wa...

July 27, 2:38am

Re: Purchase made
Cool, well report back here when you get them. Like I said, I have the tech-tee 140 but I've been thinking of getting a long sleeve version. So I'm interested in the general "fit"...

In GEAR » have a favorite merino wool top?
July 26, 6:51pm

Re: Re: any1 cut one yet?
Ooh, I look forward to the pics and the test results! Have you tested a 20 inch wide seal yet? I guess if you are cutting it down quite a bit you've got a bit of length to play with... might be...

In GEAR » Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
July 26, 6:46pm

Re: Rattlesnake avoidance classes for dogs
A, "there's a rattlesnake blocking the trail, roll initiative", rattlesnake. LOL. I think this comment probably went over the head of anyone who's never played Dungeons and Dr...

In Philosophy & Technique » Rattlesnake avoidance classes for dogs
July 26, 12:20am

double wall tents
I like double wall tents. One reason is condensation resistance. Before I joined this site I didn't actually know about the concept of "condensation" being a problem in tents. Sure...

In GEAR » MSR Hubba Hubba HP Info Please
July 25, 11:45pm

moderator: please move this thread to Gear Lists!
BTW this thread has been posted in a rather odd sub-forum. If there's a moderator around (Sam?) maybe you could move it to the Gear Lists sub-forum? It's likely to attract more attention an...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Spur of the moment AT Thru Hike Southbound question
July 25, 9:46pm

Re: pack list
Your tent and your sleeping bag are nice and light (I can't comment on the appropriateness of the bag though as I don't know the area). Here are your main culprits which are killing you ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Spur of the moment AT Thru Hike Southbound question
July 25, 9:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Ashley Brown

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Potable Aqua Iodine Drinking Water Germicidal Tablets
I am always amazed when people say that idodine treated water tastes horrible. Sure it does -- if you don't do it right. The key step is to neutralise the iodine with vitamin C... but don't...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 03, 11:02pm