BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 191 - 200 of 1190 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...119

Forum » Thread

Re: What I'm Taking on my JMT Hike (this is how you do it)
of course it never rains or storms in the Sierra (my recent horrific July storm experience not withstanding). but your plan to combine just a bivy as shelter and then no rain gear is a bit braze...

In Gear Lists » What I'm Taking on my JMT Hike (this is how you do it)
August 01, 8:18am

Re: Re: Re: Re: When Rain Gear Wets Out ??
so those numbers (5,000, 10,000, 20,000) are, or at least relate to, the hydrostatic head ? are you saying that DWR coating affects hydrostatic head ? and as the DWR wears off the hydrostatic he...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » When Rain Gear Wets Out ??
July 29, 10:17am

Re: Re: When Rain Gear Wets Out ??
I appreciate the 3rd grade illustration. so why do some rain jackets claim to wet out less easily than others ? how do those pressure numbers fit in to all this ? 10,000, 20,000, 5,000 ? doe...

July 29, 9:45am

When Rain Gear Wets Out ??
ok, so I hear this phrase often ... rain gear wetting out. what exactly does this mean ? does the rain gear become worthless ? does the fabric simply absorb moisture to the point where its no lo...

July 29, 7:58am

Re: What are the most useful inexpensive items you carry?
imagination and creativity

In GEAR » What are the most useful inexpensive items you carry?
July 27, 1:52pm

Re: not over yet
on July 20-21 I was on the JMT from Whitney Portal to Onion Valley. The mosquitoes were mostly non existant.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra Mosquitos
July 26, 1:45pm

Re: Re: Re: re: UTMB mandatory gear
I can't find a link to her gear list, but just to keep this thread gender neutral, lets not forget Krissy Moehl ... who finished 1st female and 11th overall in 2009. the UD Omega pack was...

In GEAR » Ultramarathon gear advice needed for major race in the Alps
July 25, 7:39am

Re: Ultramarathon gear advice needed for major race in the Alps
just buy whatever Killian and Seb Chaigneau use and you'll be fine :-) seriously, most UL rain coats don't seem to have pit zips, a couple do have flaps. Marmot Essence rain coat is UL,...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Ultramarathon gear advice needed for major race in the Alps
July 23, 9:51pm

Re: rainwear and actual risk
I have been snowed on in August in the High Sierra. this is a friendly benign mountain range ... until its not. Dave C. - I seem to believe in a bit more worst case preparation than you, but I&...

In GEAR » Leaving the rain jacket at home... thoughts
July 23, 11:42am

Re: Re: Re: Leaving the rain jacket at home... thoughts
" Are we just packing something because we've imagined horror stories? I know people have died of exposure, and I am not minimizing that. But a mountain lion could kill you too...therefore...

In GEAR » Leaving the rain jacket at home... thoughts
July 23, 11:28am

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.