BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 191 - 200 of 1265 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...127

Forum » Thread

Re: JMT section hike
" Any ideas about how to go about section-hiking the JMT? " basically just do it. I saw several female solo packers on the JMT last summer. it is an easy to follow trail. much of it...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT section hike
December 17, 10:25am

Re: Re: Backpacking trip ideas - Palm Springs, CA area December.
yes there seem to be few trails in the park of any length. there is the California Hiking and Riding Trail (which several of us ran last spring) but in my view it does not travel thru the most sce...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Backpacking trip ideas - Palm Springs, CA area December.
December 17, 9:55am

Re: Backpacking trip ideas - Palm Springs, CA area December.
I will throw the following at you simply as an option, but since you seem to be from BC it might be better to experience something less familiar to you like the desert. Yes Joshua Tree is an amazin...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Backpacking trip ideas - Palm Springs, CA area December.
December 16, 10:31am

Real Mountain Training
I need to start bringing a camera like you guys (no I don't run with a phone). Could have posted some pics of what Real mountain running is. I crawled under, over, and thru more downed trees, ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
December 16, 7:31am

Re: weekend
I'll be doing a 22-24 miler on Saturday, in our local mountains (Laguna Mts.) my first 20 miler in almost 3 months. elevation tops out at around 6,000 ft. and usually one week a year there is...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
December 13, 9:09am

Re: Re: Re: pics
now if someone was good with Photoshop they could combine Eugene's great mountain photos with Craig's great ocean photos and make the ultimate experience ...

December 10, 10:53am

Re: weak week :)
I get nausea (motion sickness) whenever I try to run on a tread mill, fortunately I don't have to ... although we did get down to a frigid 55* yesterday, a big cold spell. hit 37 miles last ...

December 09, 9:07am

Re: John Muir Trail North-->South - July 2014
Days 5-7 - 35 mile days are semi reasonable, 40 mile days ... a totally different zone in the mountains, especially going over all those passes. I would add 15 more miles to day 4 and be content wi...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » John Muir Trail North-->South - July 2014
December 08, 10:56am

Re: Is a softshell jacket necessary?
Do you mean a wind shirt in addition to a real water proof wind proof shell, or as your only protection ? You want something on Rainier that's indestructible, so if your intent was to bring ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Is a softshell jacket necessary?
December 08, 9:33am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sand running
Craig - as long as you can break 17 hours on April 5th and you have to go the whole 48 as punishment for all this surfing ...

December 06, 2:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.