Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Art Tyszka (arttyszka) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minnesota
About Me 43, and in some of the best shape of my life after losing 50 lbs a couple years ago. I've always loved getting "out there" and backpacking is one of my preferred ways. I spend as much time as I can backpacking and car camping with my kids during the Summer. I'm an avid target shooter and enjoy kayaking with my family, ATVing and snowmobiling, and just about anything that get's me in the outdoors.
CityPlymouth
StateMN
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.loyalshepherd.com
My PDF Gear List3 Season Solo Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art Tyszka

Showing 191 - 200 of 229 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Bump and price drop
$20 a pair, if no one takes these it's off to Goodwill.

In Gear Swap » FS: REI Sahara Convertible Pants - XL/32
March 10, 7:24am

Re: Weight Issues
Michael, I fully agree with you on the comfort comments. My struggle has been trying to outfit a 7 year old girl that only weighs 42 lbs herself. I started with what seemed reasonable, a REI Pass...

In GEAR » Backpacks for Kids
March 06, 1:32pm

Pack weight
One of my biggest complaints of most of the kid's specific packs is unnecessary weight. A lot of these weigh 3 lbs or more, most of us would consider that too heavy for a full-size pack, let a...

March 06, 12:14pm

No new gear
Hi, my name is Art and this is my first meeting, it's been almost 12 hours since my last gear purchase . . .

In GEAR » No new gear in 2012........but........
March 05, 2:51pm

FS: REI Sahara Convertible Pants - XL/32
For sale, 2 pairs of REI Sahara Convertible pants, one Khaki and one Green. Both include the REI lightweight webbing belt and are in excellent shape and were purchased at the beginning of 2011. I...

In Gear Swap » FS: REI Sahara Convertible Pants - XL/32
March 04, 11:17am

FS REI Passage 40L Kids backpack
Excellent shape, if it had tags it would look brand new. PayPal personal "gift" preferred, email me at arttyszka@comcast.net. $50 shipped CONUS. Thanks for looking.

In Gear Swap » FS REI Passage 40L Kids backpack
March 04, 10:54am

Small Jam 35?
I originally bought my daughter the REI 40L kids pack. When I did that, I thought it would be a good pack since it can "grow" with my kids and I hadn't yet "discovered" BPL...

March 04, 8:55am

SOLD
Tent and footprint are sold, thanks everyone.

In Gear Swap » FS: Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 and Footprint
February 29, 3:59pm

Bump
Yep, still available.

In Gear Swap » FS: Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 and Footprint
February 28, 7:19pm

Ursack with Opsak
I'm a big believer in using the OP bags along with the Ursack. Granted, I don't hike in grizzly habitat, but there are a lot of black bears, skunks and raccoons here in MN and I've nev...

In GEAR » Ursack closer to being allowed in Yosemite?
February 28, 9:25am

All Reader Reviews by Art Tyszka

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
This was my first quilt, and I couldn't be happier. I needed a new cold weather bag, so I went with the 20F 6' Wide and had the 30% over stuff. The loft on this quilt is incredible, more tha...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
May 29, 5:53pm

gossamer murmur
I would have liked to give the 2012 Murmur a 4.5 if I could have. My only criticism is that the stitching is not as well done as I would have expected. There were a few loose threads in some of the ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 09, 7:20pm

REI Revelcloud Jacket
I actually liked a lot about this jacket, but I ended up returning it to REI for one simple reason - it didn't keep me warm. The fit and quality is excellent, I especially like the breast pocke...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
December 17, 12:14pm

Montbell UL Down Inner Parka
I couldn't ask for more in a lightweight down insulating layer. The MB UL Down Inner Parka is awesome in every regard. The fit of the XL is perfect for me and leaves plenty of room for a fleec...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 17, 12:07pm

Exped SynMat UL 7
I spent a fair amount of time researching the available pads before I upgraded to an UL sleeping pad. My sleep and rest is too important to me to use a foam mat, as a side sleeper, I need more suppor...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 13, 9:48am