BPL Community Profile

Anthony Weston (anthonyweston) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern CA
About Me Anthony Weston has not added a biography yet.
StateCa
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Anthony Weston

Showing 191 - 200 of 1284 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...129

Forum » Thread

j
How much are asking?

In Gear Swap » Vintage Janasport Bush Packs circa..1980--> Great for the collector of old school packs
February 21, 1:20pm

Yosemite Rancheria Falls 2/22/14 10 am
Anyone interested in a last minute trip to Yosemite to Rancheria Falls this weekend. The road is open and the weather is perfect. Next week it should snow but right now the weather is 60 degrees d...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Yosemite Rancheria Falls 2/22/14 10 am
February 20, 1:40pm

I would go with the zpacks 20 degree, it only weighs a few oz more and if your wife isn't used to backpacking then you don't want her to have a bad experience and sleep cold one night. If i...

In GEAR » Looking at a ZPacks 30* bag for my wife--summer hiking in the Cascades. Your thoughts?
February 17, 6:14pm

soloplex
I first had a zpacks dulplex and I when I switched and went to the soloplex I was disappointed at first because the angle of the sides at the foot and the head of duplex give so much more room. I d...

In GEAR » Can I do better than a Zpacks Solplex?
February 16, 1:07am

soloplex
I have the soloplex, I'm happy with it. If I expect rain I would probably also bring along a 2 oz polyproplene ground sheet and duck tape it to the cuben so even if I was sleeping in a river ...

In GEAR » Can I do better than a Zpacks Solplex?
February 13, 6:30pm

Katabatic Gear Blackwelder Quilt - great winter bag
on 2nd thought, I'm going to keep this one and sell my other 0 degree bag. I'll post it later.

In Gear Swap » Katabatic Gear Blackwelder Quilt - great winter bag
February 10, 7:48am

Long path
that's my old stomping grounds, I grew up in Mahwah NJ. Lots of iron in the rock near Torne Mountain, great trees and lakes everywhere.

In Editor's Roundtable » Thru Running New York’s Long Path
February 09, 7:59am

ul gear
In 1974 we used to sleep in hammocks made from nylon cord under tarps in winter just to get off the snow. We never used underquilts just a big foam pad to keep the chill and the wind off the bottom...

In GEAR » Your first "UL" piece of gear?
February 09, 12:02am

seki
We had a couple resupplies on the 3 Sisters trip. But I didn't have to worry about the logistics, I was 17 and it was an Outward bound course. Great fun, at one point they roped us together...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Big SEKI loop 2014
February 07, 7:42am

Seki
sounds good, I'm not in a rush. I enjoy hiking for most of the day. After a few days out on the trail we will cover more ground in a day. It's always nice to have a layer over day or a take...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Big SEKI loop 2014
February 04, 8:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Anthony Weston

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
The zpacks Exo, is light and tough and just the right size. I have a 6lb baseweight but with food and 3 liters of water, I end up carrying about 18lbs which the Exo handles with ease. It has a great ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
March 14, 8:12am

Zpacks Exo
The zpacks Exo, is light and tough and just the right size. I have a 6lb baseweight but with food and 3 liters of water, I end up carrying about 18lbs which the Exo handles with ease. It has a great s...

In Backpacks - Frameless
March 14, 8:01am

zpacks Company
Joe, goes out of his way to give you the best service. My pack had shoulder straps that were too tight and Joe fixed them for me at no charge. Top knotch service.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 16, 8:33pm

EnLIGHTened Equipment Epiphany-K Quilt
light, warm, versatile The 2 things I like most about the Epiphany-K quilt are I have a 20 oz quilt that will keep me warm down to zero degrees and the same quilt has a wide temperature range b...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
June 30, 11:58am

Gossamer Gear Spinshelter
Most excellent tarp, it kept me dry during a early snow storm in Hoover Wilderness last year with high winds. I like the flexability of the different positions it can be pitched in and it's well m...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 13, 4:09pm

Montbell Breeze Dry-Tec UL overbag (M)
Finally a bivy that breathes. It light, inexpensive compared to other bivies. I use it with a tarp, with a marmot helium sleeping bag (not the EQ version but a sleeping bag that breathes as well). It...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
July 19, 12:41pm