BPL Community Profile

Andrew F (andrew.f) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Andrew F has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant group trip list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew F

Showing 191 - 200 of 642 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...65

Forum » Thread

Re: My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
Your pics are great. Your symptoms describe exactly how I feel when I'm not eating enough. Slow, lethargic, walking up hill is suddenly much harder, poor judgement, more likely to make rout...

In Post-Trip Reports » My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
September 09, 10:08pm

Re: 14 days in SEKI, Sept 14-28. Any comments on this gear list
Love the pics. Those are some gnarly clouds. Sounds like you know what you're getting in to. I'm sure you will have a great time - that is truly an all-star tour of SEKI. This is my favorit...

In Gear Lists » 14 days in SEKI, Sept 14-28. Any comments on this gear list
September 09, 9:56pm

Re: 14 days in SEKI, Sept 14-28. Any comments on this gear list
I'd bring the warmer clothing and quilt. It can get really cold in late September. I did the Rae Lakes loop during the last weekend of September a few years ago and down at 8,000 ft the daytime...

In Gear Lists » 14 days in SEKI, Sept 14-28. Any comments on this gear list
September 09, 8:46am

Re: Midway Traverse
Thanks for sharing Amy! What's the name of the pass you went over north of Lion Lake, and how was it?

In Post-Trip Reports » The Midway Traverse: a Walk in the SEKI
September 06, 10:01am

Re: GGG 6.0
Jacob, that sounds like a lot of work for what is a glorified weekend of camping in the woods. I for one don't think the GGG needed more organization than last year and I would be happy if 2014...

In Pre-Trip Planning » G.G.G. 6 A few changes I'd like to run by you.
September 05, 11:33am

Re: Two-person sleep system
Check out the Zpacks twin size quilts. My wife and I tried one out a few weeks ago and loved it, and have since ordered one. For keeping your pads together, I agree that the sleeping pad gap suc...

In Make Your Own Gear » Design advice for making a two-person sleeping system?
September 04, 5:00pm

Re: Did see some UL on the JMT
Erik, I agree with your post 100%. I honestly can't remember if we saw you guys or not, we did meet some people from San Diego and we heard about a big scout group somewhere near Rosalie...

In Philosophy & Technique » Current conversations with JMT hikers
September 04, 12:06pm

Re: Family Friendly BPL Outing on Labor Day Weekend -- Skyline-to-the-Sea
Glad you guys had a good time! Next time I camp next to a bear box I will have to remember to check it for children...

In Post-Trip Reports » Family Friendly BPL Outing on Labor Day Weekend -- Skyline-to-the-Sea
September 03, 10:28pm

Re: Did see some UL on the JMT
Hi Erik, I was on the JMT two weeks ago and could have been one of those fast-moving, running-shoe wearing UL'ers that you saw at Thousand Island Lake. I didn't have spare shoes, a stool...

In Philosophy & Technique » Current conversations with JMT hikers
September 03, 8:08pm

Re: Sixty Lakes Basin, 8/15 thru 8/16/2013
Cool trip Craig. I'm jealous of your ease of Eastside access. It's a 7 hour drive for me so I don't go over there unless I have 3-4 days to spend, and I never get to go over there in th...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sixty Lakes Basin, 8/15 thru 8/16/2013
September 02, 10:26am

All Reader Reviews by Andrew F

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 30, 10:01am

ULA Ohm
The Ohm is my go-to pack for trips that don't require a bear can. You can fit a Bearikade in it, but it's not very comfortable because it bulges into your back. I put a plastic frame sheet fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
November 15, 2:15pm

Katabatic Gear Alsek
See thread with pictures and comments here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48962 I've used this quilt for about 20 nights no...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 15, 2:08pm