BPL Community Profile

Andrew F (andrew.f) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Andrew F has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant group trip list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew F

Showing 191 - 200 of 678 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...68

Forum » Thread

Re: Yosemite: Ten Lakes Basin
Thanks for sharing Paul. That view from Ten Lakes Pass sure is nice, isn't it?

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite: Ten Lakes Basin
October 05, 1:09pm

Re: Rae Lakes Loop
Thanks for sharing Adam! Your pics are great as usual.

In Post-Trip Reports » Rae Lakes Loop
October 05, 12:59pm

Re: Mt. Whitney after Government Shutdown
I'm just speculating, but since Whitney Portal Store is there, my guess would be that they wouldn't gate the road. There is a gate about halfway down to Lone Pine that is used in the winter...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mt. Whitney after Government Shutdown
October 03, 10:00am

Re: Baffle repairs! Any recommendations?
If WM can't help you, DownWorks in Santa Cruz probably can.

In GEAR » Baffle repairs! Any recommendations?
October 02, 1:58pm

Re: MLD Littlestar Initial Impressions
Very interesting to see some more photos of one of these. Do you happen to have any pics with a person or sleeping pad inside to give some sense of scale? How would it work for two people?

In GEAR » MLD Littlestar Initial Impressions
October 01, 9:51pm

Re: Weight of Nalgene "Ultralite" 1L (for Steripen folks)
Do you have a link for a website that has the "Ultralite" Nalgenes? There are a bunch out there advertising them as ultralight but it's not clear if it's actually a different prod...

In GEAR » Weight of Nalgene "Ultralite" 1L (for Steripen folks)
September 30, 4:42pm

Re: Pancakes
Thanks for the idea Dan. I'll have to try and see if I can pull off anything resembling an edible pancake in my MSR Titan kettle using Esbit. I've been getting really tired of standard &quo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pancakes
September 28, 8:57am

Re: Zpacks Twin Quilt Arrived Toda
Derek, No problems with the thread. The stiching feels the same as in my Western Mountaineering and Katabatic stuff. The Pertex Quantum fabric has a nice soft feel against the skin. It's...

In GEAR » Zpacks Twin Quilt Arrived Today
September 27, 11:22pm

Re: New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
Michael, You have my attention. I look forward to seeing what else you come up with for the 2014 line. Andrew

In GEAR » New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
September 27, 10:50pm

Re: Zpacks Twin Quilt Arrived Today
Scott, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if Joe started using this as the standard closure. Rick, here's what I had to say in another thread about sleeping pads with this sys...

In GEAR » Zpacks Twin Quilt Arrived Today
September 27, 10:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Andrew F

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 30, 10:01am

ULA Ohm
The Ohm is my go-to pack for trips that don't require a bear can. You can fit a Bearikade in it, but it's not very comfortable because it bulges into your back. I put a plastic frame sheet fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
November 15, 2:15pm

Katabatic Gear Alsek
See thread with pictures and comments here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48962 I've used this quilt for about 20 nights no...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 15, 2:08pm