BPL Community Profile

Andrew F (andrew.f) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Andrew F has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant group trip list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew F

Showing 191 - 200 of 679 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...68

Forum » Thread

Re: Gossamer Gear LT Poles
Anyone know how the Locus Gear poles compare to LT4s in terms of stiffness? They are an ounce more per pole, but have flicklocks... my wild guess would be that the flicklocks weigh about an oz and ...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear LT Poles
October 08, 9:44am

Re: Yosemite: Ten Lakes Basin
Thanks for sharing Paul. That view from Ten Lakes Pass sure is nice, isn't it?

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite: Ten Lakes Basin
October 05, 1:09pm

Re: Rae Lakes Loop
Thanks for sharing Adam! Your pics are great as usual.

In Post-Trip Reports » Rae Lakes Loop
October 05, 12:59pm

Re: Mt. Whitney after Government Shutdown
I'm just speculating, but since Whitney Portal Store is there, my guess would be that they wouldn't gate the road. There is a gate about halfway down to Lone Pine that is used in the winter...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mt. Whitney after Government Shutdown
October 03, 10:00am

Re: Baffle repairs! Any recommendations?
If WM can't help you, DownWorks in Santa Cruz probably can.

In GEAR » Baffle repairs! Any recommendations?
October 02, 1:58pm

Re: MLD Littlestar Initial Impressions
Very interesting to see some more photos of one of these. Do you happen to have any pics with a person or sleeping pad inside to give some sense of scale? How would it work for two people?

In GEAR » MLD Littlestar Initial Impressions
October 01, 9:51pm

Re: Weight of Nalgene "Ultralite" 1L (for Steripen folks)
Do you have a link for a website that has the "Ultralite" Nalgenes? There are a bunch out there advertising them as ultralight but it's not clear if it's actually a different prod...

In GEAR » Weight of Nalgene "Ultralite" 1L (for Steripen folks)
September 30, 4:42pm

Re: Pancakes
Thanks for the idea Dan. I'll have to try and see if I can pull off anything resembling an edible pancake in my MSR Titan kettle using Esbit. I've been getting really tired of standard &quo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pancakes
September 28, 8:57am

Re: Zpacks Twin Quilt Arrived Toda
Derek, No problems with the thread. The stiching feels the same as in my Western Mountaineering and Katabatic stuff. The Pertex Quantum fabric has a nice soft feel against the skin. It's...

In GEAR » Zpacks Twin Quilt Arrived Today
September 27, 11:22pm

Re: New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
Michael, You have my attention. I look forward to seeing what else you come up with for the 2014 line. Andrew

In GEAR » New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
September 27, 10:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Andrew F

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 30, 10:01am

ULA Ohm
The Ohm is my go-to pack for trips that don't require a bear can. You can fit a Bearikade in it, but it's not very comfortable because it bulges into your back. I put a plastic frame sheet fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
November 15, 2:15pm

Katabatic Gear Alsek
See thread with pictures and comments here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48962 I've used this quilt for about 20 nights no...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 15, 2:08pm