Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Andrew F (andrew.f) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Andrew F has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant group trip list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew F

Showing 191 - 200 of 858 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...86

Forum » Thread

Re: Kings Canyon National Park
Awesome trip Bob! You were motoring if you got over Kearsarge and Glen in one day. I've been past the Baxter Pass turnoff a bunch of times and I've always been curious what's over there...

In Post-Trip Reports » Kings Canyon National Park
July 17, 3:52pm

A Visit to the Middle Fork of the Kings River
4.5 days, 75 miles, and roughly 20,000 feet of climbing/descending. Day 1: Up the Copper Creek Trail to Granite Pass. 10 miles, 6,700 ft (!) gain. Day 2: Granite Pass to Simpson Meadow. 11 miles...

In Post-Trip Reports » A Visit to the Middle Fork of the Kings River
July 17, 3:33pm

Re: Sleeping bag to quilt conversion
I converted an old cheap 20F synthetic bag into a winter overquilt by cutting out the zipper and the hood. The difference in weight was 5 oz, but I'd expect less for a nicer bag with lighter fa...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sleeping bag to quilt conversion
July 06, 1:35pm

Re: Backpacking 8000 miles around the perimeter of the US on Amtrak
As usual Manfred and Michelle set the bar high for parenting at BPL. What an adventure. I am sure it will stick with the kids for many years.

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking 8000 miles around the perimeter of the US on Amtrak
July 01, 11:28pm

Re: Best stove that you don't intend to use
Esbit would be perfect. A Ti wing stove and two esbit tabs is like 1.5 oz. I bring a pot to eat out of even when I go no cook so that's all the extra weight it would cost. Esbit is fantastic fo...

In GEAR » Best stove that you don't intend to use
June 29, 12:42pm

Re: Storm in a tea cup
Someone was flying a quadcopter at Mirror Lake in Yosemite back in January. My friends and I were hiking down the Snow Creek Trail and could hear the thing from nearly a mile off. I had no idea wha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Yosemite prohibits drones
June 26, 4:55pm

Re: Still My Favorite Cook Kit
This is my favorite system too. The absolute simplicity and minimal weight is what won me over. The only time I use anything different is if I need to melt snow.

In Editor's Roundtable » Still My Favorite Cook Kit
June 25, 11:51am

Re: Planning for a BPL Poll
How many nights per year do you spend in the back country?

In GEAR » Planning for a BPL Poll
June 23, 7:20pm

Re: share your boulders

In Photo Gallery » share your boulders
June 23, 2:12pm

Re: share your boulders

In Photo Gallery » share your boulders
June 23, 2:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Andrew F

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 30, 10:01am

ULA Ohm
The Ohm is my go-to pack for trips that don't require a bear can. You can fit a Bearikade in it, but it's not very comfortable because it bulges into your back. I put a plastic frame sheet fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
November 15, 2:15pm

Katabatic Gear Alsek
See thread with pictures and comments here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48962 I've used this quilt for about 20 nights no...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 15, 2:08pm