Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 191 - 200 of 1005 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...101

Forum » Thread

AT Shelters- how frequently will I want to use them?
Mousetraps DO work well. I hiked with a guy for awhile who set a mousetrap every night and cleaned it every morning. Had a mouse every morning. That's pretty predictable grub. But he never ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » AT Shelters- how frequently will I want to use them?
November 05, 1:41pm

Foot of Bivy sticking out of tarp? Go with a big tarp.
I would go with a bigger tarp. I am in the southeast, like you. I would not consider an event bivy around here. Its likely to be sweaty. I think ventilation is key in the southeast. I mostly u...

In Philosophy & Technique » Foot of Bivy sticking out of tarp?
November 04, 2:04pm

AT Shelters- how frequently will I want to use them?
I did several sections of the AT last year with my thru-hiking son. I bet you wind up sleeping in shelters most of the time. Its just a lot easier after long hiking days. The openness and large ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » AT Shelters- how frequently will I want to use them?
November 03, 7:40pm

Gearing up for the Appalachian Trail next spring
Good advice and considerations noted above. I would also skip any sleeping bag liner. You will stink. And your bag will smell some too. With that quilt and the jacket you have, you should be pl...

In Gear Lists » Gearing up for the Appalachian Trail next spring
October 31, 1:43pm

Camino de Santiago
I will try to get him in touch with you. He is in Iceland now, but I'll see what I can do.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Camino de Santiago
October 28, 1:13pm

Camino de Santiago
Newton, my 19 year old son did it this past summer. He was on the trail in less than 2 months. He really liked the trail but, honestly, thought the hiking was quite easy. I think mileage was ver...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Camino de Santiago
October 28, 12:49pm

S. California - Where to go this weekend?
I was in your quandry in July and someone directed me to the Palisade area. Its pretty easy access; Big Pine up Glacier Lodge Road. The scenery was spectacular and backcountry access was a breeze...

In Pre-Trip Planning » S. California - Where to go this weekend?
October 22, 1:43pm

What kind of container
I have been present 3x when rodents ate through a backpack. One of them was my son's GoLite Pinnacle, which is a fairly hefty fabric. The other was my lighter REI UL bag. The third was a pre...

In GEAR » Does slick Spectra bear bag line deter rodents climbing down it?
October 21, 1:03pm

Does slick Spectra bear bag line deter rodents climbing down it?
}Do people have experience with rodents climbing down line and getting into their food? I have been raided several times. They are either climbing down the line or jumping from the tree. Since...

In GEAR » Does slick Spectra bear bag line deter rodents climbing down it?
October 21, 11:36am

Bug Out Bag / Prepper Setup / Survival-based UL kit and philosophy
Don't shoot when I come by once it all hits the fan. I'll be the guy with the little cuben backpack and a bottle of bourbon.

In GEAR » Bug Out Bag / Prepper Setup / Survival-based UL kit and philosophy
October 08, 1:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.