BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 191 - 200 of 969 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...97

Forum » Thread

Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
Sawyer Squeeze works great; drops or tabs are cheap and light too. I would have no concerns about using a good tarp in your conditions, but if you don't yet have experience or skill with a t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
August 27, 9:05am

Looking for trip location ideas the last week of Sept
Weminuche Wilderness, Colorado.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Looking for trip location ideas the last week of Sept
August 26, 8:14am

hidden gems in the Las Vegas area?
I don't live near the area, but last time I was there, I had a great experience in Death Valley. We went in October, and the heat was tolerable. The mountains, canyons, washes, and desert san...

In Pre-Trip Planning » hidden gems in the Las Vegas area?
August 22, 9:51am

Lighter backpack?
If your base weight is in the 7 pound range, I wouldn't hesitate to get a frameless pack. Unless you're carrying more than a weeks worth of food, you're going to be mostly below 20 pou...

In GEAR » Lighter backpack?
August 16, 8:58am

First season Michigander going to Shenandoah...Preperation
Labor day in the Shenandoah, I would not take too many extra clothes. I wouldn't take more than one short sleeve wool/poly shirt, a rain jacket (Driducks will be fine there)and your UL hooded ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » First season Michigander going to Shenandoah...Preperation
August 15, 8:38am

Pooped out
Ah, how I remember the joy of finding a nice hard poop in the diaper! I would claim those changings when I could predict them.

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking with Preschoolers in the High Sierra
August 14, 3:38pm

Trail Runners in Rocky Envoriments (New England)
Yes, your ankles will get stronger. And yes, your foot placement will get better. Many here will tell you its the best change they've made in their backpacking style. They worked great for m...

In GEAR » Trail Runners in Rocky Envoriments (New England)
August 14, 2:36pm

Smokies temperature in September?
This might help as far as the range: http://www.hikinginthesmokys.com/weather.htm

In Pre-Trip Planning » Smokies temperature in September?
August 13, 7:57am

Smokies temperature in September?
Ben, I'm doing a Smokies trip in September too. Clingman's Dome is the highest elevation, but there are other similar elevations across the AT and the other northeastern ridge. I would...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Smokies temperature in September?
August 13, 7:39am

Tarp + Bivy weight savings, what am I missing?
For me, much of the weight savings in a tarp goes to the fact that I really never bring my bivy with me. I never want one. If its warm enough for bugs, I don't want to be in a bivy. I will t...

In GEAR » Tarp + Bivy weight savings, what am I missing?
August 12, 2:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.