BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 191 - 200 of 975 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...98

Forum » Thread

3-season gear list, want to lose some weight
Erik: My thoughts: FAK-you can reduce it down to 2 ounces; what's in there? bic-no reaon they shouldn't both be minis Leave the bug shelter home whenever you can; it weighs as much ...

In Gear Lists » 3-season gear list, want to lose some weight
August 28, 1:28pm

Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
My comments for dropping weight: plastic trowel-throw this away;dig with a rock; you don't need this snowpeak TI cookset-take only a pot or bowl. Or just put meals in freezerbags and eat ou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
August 27, 1:39pm

" I'd need to buy a new pack and sleeping pad to shed any more weight and I'm not doing that with two days left till I fly out." I really doubt it. Your big 3 base items are n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
August 27, 11:52am

You should weigh your other stuff as well. You'll be surprised how much some of the stuff weighs that you think weighs almost nothing. Once you weigh it, you'll also want to reduce amount...

August 27, 10:22am

Your primary options for weight reduction are: 1. buy new, lighter replacement gear, or 2. take less stuff. It sounds like you really want to go with option #2. If you are carrying a first aid ki...

August 27, 9:41am

Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
Curtis, I did the 100 mile last summer. I think your estimation of 25% of "awesome" trail to be a bit high. Regardless, I thought it was a beautiful hike. New Englanders don't like...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
August 27, 9:21am

Sawyer Squeeze works great; drops or tabs are cheap and light too. I would have no concerns about using a good tarp in your conditions, but if you don't yet have experience or skill with a t...

August 27, 9:05am

Looking for trip location ideas the last week of Sept
Weminuche Wilderness, Colorado.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Looking for trip location ideas the last week of Sept
August 26, 8:14am

hidden gems in the Las Vegas area?
I don't live near the area, but last time I was there, I had a great experience in Death Valley. We went in October, and the heat was tolerable. The mountains, canyons, washes, and desert san...

In Pre-Trip Planning » hidden gems in the Las Vegas area?
August 22, 9:51am

Lighter backpack?
If your base weight is in the 7 pound range, I wouldn't hesitate to get a frameless pack. Unless you're carrying more than a weeks worth of food, you're going to be mostly below 20 pou...

In GEAR » Lighter backpack?
August 16, 8:58am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.