BPL Community Profile

Dean F. (acrosome) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Back in the Front Range
About Me Solvitur ambulando sub divo.
CityColorado Springs
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dean F.

Showing 191 - 200 of 1569 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...157

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: fantastical
"It's like you're just mad in general and want to lash out at ACA because it's there." I think that's the problem with most of the rabidly anti-ACA people, frankly. Ei...

In Chaff » Tea Party Haters
October 25, 7:38am

Re: Re: titles
"You got it Dean!" Yay! My new signature block: Dean F., MD, FACS, EPCUD

In Chaff » Jerry for Chaff President
October 24, 3:00pm

Re: Coronary angiography
Egad, Eric, no- angiography isn't really a screening exam. That comment was tongue-in-cheek on my part!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Recent injury on the trail
October 24, 2:55pm

Re: Re: Re: fantastical
See, now I am quite curious. I don't think he was denied on the exchange. Because, as I said, that is illegal. However, if you go looking for non-exchange policies (they do still exist) then...

October 24, 1:30pm

Re: fantastical
Then you should be ecstatic! Fewer people will use the county hospital and not be able to pay! I certainly wouldn't predict that your property taxes would go UP due to the ACA. And the "...

October 24, 1:09pm

Re: Re: irrationality
@Fred- Cheaper, more efficient is exactly the plan. The states whose leaders oppose the ACA are releasing figures that are quite blatantly manipulated to look like premiums are spiking (usually...

October 24, 12:46pm

irrationality
The Tea party started as a grassroots organization with objectives that I could agree with- if only superficially. Primarily, fiscal responsibility. Unfortunately some of their proposed methods t...

October 24, 11:30am

titles
C'mon! As the creator of The Carbon Flame War thread don't I at least rate "Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Debate" or something? I NEED VALIDATION, PEOPLE!

In Chaff » Jerry for Chaff President
October 24, 10:49am

Only $3,889 on Amazon!
Some nut wants $3,889 for a hardcover edition on Amazon...

In Philosophy & Technique » Book: "Hiking Light" by Marlyn Doan, Mountainners 1982!
October 24, 9:24am

Looks reasonably useless for hiking...
Wow. Looks like that thing has some real stalking potential. What does it have to do with hiking, though? :)

In GEAR » Retrievor RET-100
October 24, 9:03am

All Reader Reviews by Dean F.

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Bushnell SolarWrap Mini
Very light, but lost points for a smaller battery capacity than competitors and for durability concerns. And, shouldn't we really have an Electronic category in Gear Reviews at this point? Put...

In Miscellaneous Products
February 09, 6:56pm

Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide -Andrew Skurka book
Wow, how to rate this book? It is NOT meant for someone who is already an experienced UL hiker. There is nothing in this book that someone like that doesn't already know or can find out in fiv...

In Books and Media
June 21, 3:43pm

Klepper Double wood framed folding kayak
I own a Long Haul Mark 2, which is a copy of the Klepper Double. Though the fasteners vary very slightly the Klepper frame can use the Long Haul hull-skins and vice versa. The guy who builds the Lon...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 27, 1:18pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
I have a slightly different kit- the 0.1 micron 4-way filter. Of the filters available I give it a 5. It's not perfect, but IMHO it is the best that is available, hands down. The 4-way kit come...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
December 08, 10:12am

La Sportiva Crosslite
Personally, I rate this shoe a 5/5 because I'm ecstatic to find a shoe that FITS! (I have mutant monkey-feet.) But generally it is probably a 4. Listen, ye, to my tale of woe... I just mov...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 27, 6:02pm

Mont Bell
My wife ordered something I wanted for my birthday from MontbellUSA (not the main company in Japan). She included several ways of contacting her. Three and a half months later it hadn't arrived, s...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 03, 11:46pm