BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 191 - 200 of 1636 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...164

Forum » Thread

Hand sanitizer
Be sure that your hand sanitizer has ethyl alcohol as the cootie-killing ingredient (some don't), and that it has the highest alcohol percentage available (70%). Then mix it 50-50 with Everclea...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vaseline-soaked Cotton Balls
February 13, 8:51am

Flapper?
When I first had mine, I had a similiar problem. Then I realized that the valve flapper wasn't seating completely, allowing air to leak out. This never happens when I inflate it with the schnoz...

In GEAR » Question for Exped SynMat Owners
February 12, 10:46am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Diphenhydramine isn't a bad choice, really, if you're ok with a pharmaceutical.
Doug, was that the floor show with the stripper and the donkey?

In GEAR » Sleep aids
February 11, 8:54pm

re: Dried stuff
I'm like Heather--I like to dehydrate all sorts of individual items that I can selectively add to whatever concoction I'm making at the time. Over the weekend it was 4 cans of diced green c...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » What do you dehydrate?
February 11, 10:46am

Cheap poncho
Actually, Delmar, Coleman does make one. They're fairly flimsy, but probably no worse than polycro. They're intended for emergencies, they weigh 2.5 oz., they're cheap, and they're ...

In GEAR » Best of the Cheap Ponchos? Polycryo Poncho Yet?
February 11, 9:52am

Potstand
Good memory, Spelt. I didn't see your post, as you and I were typing at the same time. Yep, I still make the pot stands, and I like doing it for you people. Each one is a bit different--differe...

In GEAR » Ultralight Pot Stand?
February 10, 10:27am

Re: Stakes for Potstand
After a serious timberline wind ripped 4 of my 7 Contrail stakes out of the ground, sending 2 into the great unknown, I've decided to carry a few extra titanium stakes as backups. These could b...

In GEAR » Ultralight Pot Stand?
February 10, 9:49am

Contrail
I love my TT Contrail. Plenty of room for one person, long enough, and pretty weatherproof. Weight, seam sealed by Henry, complete with 7 MSR Groundhogs and plenty of matching lime green Glowire...

In GEAR » A Casual Poll: Your Fave Go-to 3 season Solo Shelter
February 08, 4:15pm

Jack Russell
So that you'll know the value of a Jack Russell for controlling any local wildlife that might wander into your campsite--here's Winston, protecting the perimeter on Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packing with Dogs
February 08, 2:47pm

Beefing up a Zia grill
I was contacted by a person with a question. He wanted to know if the stainless steel support Stix were fixed in place on the sides of the grill. The answer is no. The Stix slide into and out of th...

In Gear Deals » Beefing up a Zia grill
February 08, 11:23am

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm