BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 191 - 200 of 1528 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...153

Forum » Thread

Re: Patio stove tests
That's a diversionary tactic, Bob, so that the little kids next door don't burn my house down when I'm not looking (they can't read). Blank canisters are also good for attaching a s...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Stove Systems for Group Cooking Part 1: Basic Framework for Selecting A Cooking Pot and Predicting Fuel Needs
December 05, 2:23pm

Patio stove tests
I've been waiting for a couple of months to do some patio tests of a canister cozy concept that I've come up with. So we finally are 'enjoying' our first sub-zero *F temperatures of...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Stove Systems for Group Cooking Part 1: Basic Framework for Selecting A Cooking Pot and Predicting Fuel Needs
December 05, 11:27am

Re: Which Pencil for the JMT?
I prefer a highly visible yellow golf pencil from some tacky miniature golf course in Kansas. Space Pens can run out of ink, you know. You can sharpen a golf pencil with your teeth...

In GEAR » Which Pencil for the JMT?
December 04, 2:26pm

C'mon, Serge...
Today's the perfect day in Boulder to test that setup, Serge. Zero degrees, falling snow, great for extreme patio beta testing! Much better than having to drive somewhere. These next few days s...

In Gear Deals » LiteTrail Titanium Solid Fuel Cook System - V3 2014
December 04, 6:57am

Zia Titanium Pot Stands
Ken, I appreciate your feedback and your kind words. I'm happy to know that we got it right for your particular pot. That .075" rod makes a pretty stable pot stand, for sure, comparable to...

In Gear Swap » Zia titanium pot supports for sale
December 04, 6:47am

Aluminum Thermos with Glass Liners
PM sent

In Gear Swap » FS: Aluminum Thermos with Glass Liner 1 Pint and 1 Quart
December 01, 3:37pm

Re: Fun with WiFi and fire!
I think the BPL party next weekend should be a Doug's place. I'll bring the Patagonia beer.

In GEAR » Fun with WiFi and fire!
November 30, 3:51pm

No, YOU win, Mike!
No shame at all, Mike. After all, you are the one that made me get serious on all this hack stuff. Your book is my bible: Tip #5--It's OK to be nerdy (that would be me) Tip #9--Cut stuff of...

In Editor's Roundtable » Snags with Tags
November 30, 9:13am

Victorinox Paring Knife and Sheath Update
Thanks for the post, Dale. It's good to know that there are some other options for a sheath, as I too am a fan of the Little Vicky knives. The cheapest place I've found for the full line of...

In GEAR » Victorinox Paring Knife and Sheath Update
November 29, 3:59pm

Re: DayLite volume, final post (maybe)
OK, I'll blame B.G. and Greg for this post. I found that I actually did have some styrofoam peanuts tucked away. There weren't enough of them to fill up the DayLite, but I found a couple of...

In Editor's Roundtable » Snags with Tags
November 29, 9:44am

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm