BPL Community Profile

Jeffs Eleven (WoodenWizard) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Greater Mt Tabor
About Me I'm not a hiker, but I play one on TV.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeffs Eleven

Showing 191 - 200 of 1422 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...143

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Enjoying Continuously Wet Weather
Braggart! ;)

In Philosophy & Technique » Enjoying Continuously Wet Weather
April 10, 7:16pm

Re: Re: neoair noise
+1 for not noticing the noise (+2 counting my wife) ...but I know people think they hear it so I alluded to it.

In GEAR » Is a thermarest "Neo-Air" actually worth the price difference?
April 10, 7:14pm

Re: thank you.
Fwiw they make non ul versions of the neoair. Camper series or something. Material is not plastic-ey so tougher and quieter

April 10, 5:32pm

Re: Re: Chafing?
For anyone that lives in the south and works outside what Nick describes is part of life. I never knew what exactly what it was, we always called it heat rash but it would fire up in the spring...

In GEAR » Adventure Medical Kits
April 10, 5:29pm

Re: Thanks Jeffs!
I swear by two light syn shirts. I have yet to try long sleeve tee and a short sleeve pairing. Two long sleeves would be too hot for me. My theory: One syn Tee, for me, is too chilly in all ...

In GEAR » Fleece reconsidered
April 10, 3:16pm

Re: Is a thermarest "Neo-Air" actually worth the price difference?
Another vote for NeoAirs!! Side sleeper- original Neo short Eventually getting two Xlite longs for couples quilt (how many years will I say this w/out getting one?) for luxury bed. "T...

April 10, 2:13pm

Re: How to enjoy wet weather? Rain is nature's embrace
Damn Hippies ^^^ :) I like the rain and all but it makes me huddle under a tarp and drink waay too much coffee. Intermittent rain is fine. the whole entire trip is just plain ann...

In Philosophy & Technique » Enjoying Continuously Wet Weather
April 10, 2:06pm

Re: Montbell Alpine Light didn't work for me :(
My hiking buddy uses his Alpine Light all the time (in PNW) Maybe since you put it (directly?) under your shell the wetness was pushed through the ALs DWR by the pressure of the shell. MontB...

In GEAR » Fleece reconsidered
April 10, 2:01pm

Re: REI packfitter
Yeah max makes me crazy but he fits right in.

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
April 09, 12:38am

Re: Re: ...
Where is that REI pack fitter guy?!? That stuff was hilarious. I bet he doesn't speak of that post. Ahh good times Re: passing a coconut... skill?? Give me an epidural.

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
April 08, 10:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeffs Eleven

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kooka Bay Syn filled custom pad
I got a 44" X 74" X 3.5" pad. R value ~6. It meets requested specs when inflated. As soon as I got it I went and snowshoed around Crater Lake. It was and excellent addition to our...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
June 27, 8:14pm

Garmont Vetta Hike
I got these because Garmont fits better than any shoe I've tried, period. I needed a boot so I looked for the lightest boot Garmont makes The Vetta LITE. Very light for a boot (10oz per Garmont ...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 21, 5:27pm

Body Glide mini stick
Oh, Bodyglide. How I love you. I covet your silky sensation. Be mine

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
February 17, 5:13pm

Tarptent Cloudburst
My first UL tent. I like it a lot but giving to my dad in lieu of more headroom. It is pretty awesome at battening down in the rain and then being able to vent well. We got rained on pretty go...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
January 11, 5:31pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
This thing is awesome. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, save some anecdotal story attesting the overall prowess displayed by that thar stove... Yep

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 11, 4:58pm

Six Moon Designs Traveler backpack
The Traveler is my first UL pack. Since I live near SMD I went to their shop and checked it out myself before buying. Brandon was totally helpful and willing to let me check out the pack line, since...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 11, 4:52pm