BPL Community Profile

William Chilton (WilliamC3) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Antakya
About Me William Chilton has not added a biography yet.
CountryTurkey

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Chilton

Showing 191 - 200 of 361 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: Sewn in groundsheet
As I said before, we've used a homemade footprint below the netting of the Hexamid. We do this when the ground is muddy or recently grazed by sheep and goats (don't want that mess getting i...

In GEAR » Netting Floor for shelter. Any drawbacks??
April 18, 12:41am

Re: Cuben floor instead of netting floor
Gregory, don't "cut a hole in the netting floor and sew in the ground sheet." ZPacks will make you the Hexamid with a sewn in groundsheet, and it will come in lighter than the mesh fl...

In GEAR » Netting Floor for shelter. Any drawbacks??
April 17, 10:46am

Re: Re: Grocery bag man, rare pics of the elusive creature
Pair of boots?

In Philosophy & Technique » Philosophy of Thru-hiking
April 15, 1:45pm

Re: Thoughts on the BearPaw Wilderness Designs AT2 / Logic check
Happy Saturday. Have you considered getting the SL2 and having Bearpawwd sew in a groundsheet for you? Kind of a hybrid between the SL2 and the AT2.

In GEAR » Thoughts on the BearPaw Wilderness Designs AT2 / Logic check
April 13, 11:27am

Re: Thanks
A word of warning, Colin. The SL2 has (or the model I had had) plastic pole cups in the fly. I used to set it up with the pole handles upwards. (This is the way recommended by Golite, according to ...

In GEAR » Distance between poles in Golite Shangri-la 2
April 13, 10:30am

Re: Distance between poles in Golite Shangri-la 2
I had an SL2 and took measurements to get a custom inner from Bearpawwd. The distance between the poles was 64 inches.

In GEAR » Distance between poles in Golite Shangri-la 2
April 12, 11:46pm

Caldera Cone with different pots
Regarding the TD Caldera Cone being only being usable with the pot you got it sized for. I've never done this in practice, but it seems you can use the cone with a smaller, as long as it's ...

In GEAR » Caldera cone vs. Zelph Starlyte and windsreen
April 06, 7:54am

Re: Starlyte
Dan, I can understand stoves getting hotter and faster fuel evaporation leading to faster/hotter burning. I've read several threads (about other stoves) where this appears to happen. However, i...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone Under Glass
April 03, 11:53pm

Re: Re: But...
Dan, I have been doing a lot of testing recently of the Starlytes and the 12-10, and most of the tests bare out what you say. The Starlytes heat more slowly but more efficiently. What has been sur...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone Under Glass
April 03, 12:17pm

Re: Caldera cone vs. Zelph Starlyte and windsreen
The Caldera Cone can fit all inside the pot if you get the Sidewinder, Fusion or Fission versions. In my testing (at low altitude) the Starlyte (both standard and modified) have proved more effici...

In GEAR » Caldera cone vs. Zelph Starlyte and windsreen
April 03, 11:38am

All Reader Reviews by William Chilton

William Chilton has posted no reviews.