BPL Community Profile

William Chilton (WilliamC3) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Antakya
About Me William Chilton has not added a biography yet.
CountryTurkey

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Chilton

Showing 191 - 200 of 382 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...39

Forum » Thread

Re: buying Rab MeCo from the UK
AFAIK, you don't need to email ultralightoutdoorgear for a shipping quote. Just put the item in your shopping basket, choose USA as your country and click update. The VAT will be removed and th...

In GEAR » Meco Hoody
June 01, 4:23am

Hiking in Turkey without the language
Thanks for the kind words Edward and Manfred. "How feasible is it for foreigners to do a trek ... without any knowledge of the Turkish language?" Shortish answer, I thinks it's quit...

In Post-Trip Reports » Rough Cilicia, Turkey, 25th-28th April 2013
May 31, 7:56am

Travelling and walking in Turkey
Tony, travel in most of Turkey has been unaffected by the problems in Syria. Eastern Turkey has long been affected by the fighting with the PKK, but there are recent signs that things are improving...

May 26, 7:12am

Re: Interested in this!
Dean, You know you can take the 12-10 stove from one cone and put it in the other ;)

In Make Your Own Gear » Stove for a Caldera Cone
May 21, 1:29pm

Thanks
Thanks to everybody for their kind words. It’s so encouraging to get feedback. I really enjoy other people’s trip reports and really must follow your example. Kat, my wife and I are taking an ...

May 21, 8:01am

Re: Re: Re: Hooded down jacket or separate hood?
+1 on the ZPacks/Goosefeet down balaclava sealing well. 2 advantages of hood-less jackets + down balaclava: the hood is likely to get dirty faster and can be washed separately; if you want to wea...

In GEAR » Hooded down jacket or separate hood?
May 20, 1:36pm

Re: Sweaty straps?
I haven't used the Blast but I have used the Exo and Zero, which I'm pretty sure have the same straps. I've used them in hot conditions (up to 38 degrees C) and haven't really notic...

In GEAR » Arc Blast as a daypack?
May 20, 12:32am

Rough Cilicia, Turkey, 25th-28th April 2013
This is my first trip report. Until now, I’ve been somewhat intimidated by the high quality of the trip reports and photos on this site. However, this trip seemed sufficiently different from othe...

May 19, 6:26am

20 degree bag
A 20 degree bag is also more likely to be needed by female backpackers.

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain SuperUltraLight Backpacking – Going SUL in the Mountains with Adequate Shelter, Insulation, and Rain Protection. Part 2A: Selecting the Lightest, Most Functional Gear - Backpack, Shelter, Sleeping Bag, Sleeping Pad
May 15, 9:27am

Re: Stove tests
Dan, 7 minutes and 8.3g for 352ml would translate to 10 minutes and 12g (15ml) for 500ml of water. This is good compared to most stoves, but would seem to be about standard for the modified Starlyt...

In Gear Deals » StarLyte Burner With Cap
May 06, 5:01am

All Reader Reviews by William Chilton

William Chilton has posted no reviews.