Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

William Chilton (WilliamC3) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Antakya
About Me William Chilton has not added a biography yet.
CountryTurkey

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Chilton

Showing 191 - 200 of 406 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...41

Forum » Thread

Re: Never mind
Kat, I, for one, regret that you decided to edit your post. As a non-American, I've been staying out of this debate, but I have lived most of my adult life outside my country of birth (never in...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Outside Mag calls an urban vancouver trail "most dangerous" top 10 hikes in the world
August 17, 12:26am

Re: PA or AM
Also in stock at Ultralight Designs. (Sorry, no time to create a link.)

In GEAR » Aquamira LIQUID drops vs. Aquamira TABLETS
August 15, 9:00am

Re: do you consider cost?
Mik, if I'm reading your post correctly, you think the Hexamid Long costs $700. It doesn't; with beak and netting, it costs $435. More than a TT Rainbow, but a long way from $700. Edited...

In GEAR » Ultralight shelter for a tall guy
August 12, 10:28am

Fleece weights
I would weigh the fleeces and then compare the weights with the published online weights of similarly designed fleeces. The weight differences are significantly different so it should work, I think.

In GEAR » How to distinguish light vs. mid-weight vs. heavy fleece?
August 10, 9:57am

Re: Hexamid Long
Jason, we prefer the Long over the Twin for two people. It gives more space for two overall, though as I said, there is a little bit less room in the center at the back, because of the vertical bac...

August 09, 1:49am

Hexamid Twin vs Long
Jason, my wife and I have both the Twin and the Long. We find no problem with two people in the Long. The vertical back wall of the Twin means there's a little more space in the center at the b...

August 08, 8:20am

Re: good feedback
If you're using the tent solo, I don't think you really get extra headroom with the Twin over the Solo+. The extra height of the pole in the Solo+ (52" vs 48") gives you more head...

In GEAR » zpacks hexamid twin tent: entry and floor Q
July 10, 7:22am

Re: Re: Plus one
Apparently, if you live in the States, they're still available from Amazon.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » favorite stakes
June 29, 10:18am

Re: Polycro
David, We use the cuben floor, though we have tried using polycro. We found it too slippy (for the sleeping mats). I don't know if silicon sealer or similar on the polycro could help with that.

In GEAR » Bearpaw lair vs. Zpacks hexamid
June 25, 1:20pm

Re: Hexamid netting and moisture
"I was planning on using a polycro groundsheet underneath the mesh, would this help any?" It helps, in my experience. Don't make it too big or water will run onto it. Ours is slightl...

In GEAR » Bearpaw lair vs. Zpacks hexamid
June 25, 9:03am

All Reader Reviews by William Chilton

William Chilton has posted no reviews.