BPL Community Profile

Will Webster (WillWeb) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Will Webster hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Will Webster has not added a biography yet.
StatePennsylvania

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Will Webster

Showing 191 - 200 of 377 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Calculating Backpack Weight
I'll go you one better: For many (but certainly not all) of us the cheapest most effective place to reduce weight is "skin in".

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Calculating Backpack Weight
June 23, 1:25pm

Alum
Never tried this, but I've read that a pinch of alum will make fine particles clump together (flocculate) so they drop out or can be filtered.

In Make Your Own Gear » Simple Water Scoop and Pre-Filter
June 22, 8:52pm

Camera
I understand your reluctance to replace your DSLR with a P&S, but you might consider some options: Ultralight option: > Canon S95, but it's got a small sensor so you'll be limite...

In Gear Lists » Trying this Ultralight thing...
June 20, 2:14pm

Odor
I agree about smell transfer. Theoretically it shouldn't happen if you're careful, but in my experience it does. My cozy is a bubblewrap envelope intended for shipping glass bottles, whic...

In GEAR » Does anyone NOT Use a Cozy for Freeaer Bag Cooking?
June 20, 10:42am

Re: Framesheets
"With a little modification, closed cell pads can be made into a box in a pack's body" That's what I've been doing with my Z-lite. It's cut down to torso length (6 sec...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
June 17, 6:24am

Re: Re: Everclear permit?
"Do you have to pay the alcohol beverage tax on this usage?" Yeah, you sign a pledge not to drink it and then pay beverage tax. Gotta love it. It's still one of the smaller facto...

In GEAR » Safest (least toxic) fuel source for California alcohol stove
June 15, 11:02am

Everclear permit?
Don't know the situation in CA, but here in PA Everclear is also illegal BUT there is an exception for non-beverage use. You have to apply to the state for a permit, but to my surprise they gr...

In GEAR » Safest (least toxic) fuel source for California alcohol stove
June 15, 7:42am

Via
I've been told that you can make Via with cold water, but I've never tried it. Their Italian roast is pretty good for instant.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » lightweight coffee
June 15, 6:23am

Eco-mesh
PM sent about the eco-mesh shirt

In Gear Swap » Closet Cleaning - Clothes
June 13, 3:07pm

Carrying a DSLR
There have been a lot of threads on the question of how to carry a DSLR while backpacking. When I take a DSLR, I use a Think Tank DH20 "Digital Holster" case. I hang the case from the...

In Photography » Canon s95 v. DSLR
June 13, 2:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Will Webster

Will Webster has posted no reviews.