Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Will Webster (WillWeb) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Will Webster hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Will Webster has not added a biography yet.
StatePennsylvania

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Will Webster

Showing 191 - 200 of 388 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...39

Forum » Thread

PATC
Potomac Appalachian Trail Club is huge, and I get the impression they have a lot of membership in the DC area. I'm willing to bet they have scheduled hikes with meeting places you could take p...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » DC Area Suggestions
July 08, 2:40pm

TP
I definitely agree with Mike about TP litter; it's an unsanitary eyesore. I've tried using snow (cold) and leaves (uncomfortable) to reduce TP usage. I'm willing to continue experimen...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
July 08, 8:45am

Re: nothing to do
Well, I haven't studied it either... But it makes sense from what I know of hydrocarbon combustion. CO is generated in the primary flame, and then burns to CO2 as it encounters air in the s...

In GEAR » Heat Exchanger Pots Dangerous At Altitude?
July 07, 12:30pm

Shaking
I was under the impression that shaking removes the disolved ClO2 gas from the water, and should be minimized until the treatment period is complete.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Crushing Chlorine Dioxide Tablets for faster treatment?
July 07, 5:32am

Steripen sheath
My wife and I originally left the Steripen sheath behind to save weight, but on the first day of our Grand Canyon trip last year it fell ~4' onto rock and the bulb broke internally. Fortunatel...

In Gear Lists » New ULer for the Northeast
July 06, 5:43am

Re: Crushing Chlorine Dioxide Tablets for faster treatment?
After reading the safety warnings and first aid instructions on the package, and considering how I would implement them in the wild, I've decided that anything which increases the potential for...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Crushing Chlorine Dioxide Tablets for faster treatment?
July 05, 12:57pm

20F
I slept comfortably in a Summerlite last winter when it was 20F outside our 3-season tent (BA Fly Creek 2). Used a full length thinlite, 3/4 length thermorest, and torso-length Z-lite. Wore socks...

In GEAR » Summerlite down all on top with continuous baffle
June 26, 9:08am

Pad
I'm pretty new to winter backpacking, but my understanding - and observation - is that at sub-freezing temperatures you need a lot more pad insulation if you're on a bare surface than if yo...

In GEAR » push 3 season bag and pad into light 4 season
June 25, 4:27pm

+1
It's a win-win for me; I'm wearing the Ecomesh shirt I got from you right now on a canoe overnight!

In Gear Swap » WTSTY
June 25, 4:24am

Re: CF
I'm perversely attracted to the idea of an uber-expensive CF sheath for a $15 Mora...

In GEAR » UL knife kit
June 24, 8:18am

All Reader Reviews by Will Webster

Will Webster has posted no reviews.