BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 191 - 200 of 1095 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...110

Forum » Thread

Re: sock
Single pair of polyester socks with trail runners have always done the trick for me also. Check out Feeture socks. Awesome stuff. Ryan

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Liner Socks?
May 11, 2:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Copper Spur useable length?
Side sleeper. Go back and forth between fetal and extended fully. Maybe it doesn't bother me because I'm in the fetal position part of the time. I will agree there isn't a ton of length...

In GEAR » Tent for North Carolina
May 09, 1:37pm

Re: Copper Spur useable length?
Just fyi - I am 6'5" with a 13 shoe and find the Copper Spur series is long enough. It all depends on the angle of the ends. YMMV of course. The Lightheart is a good design. Plus, I am ...

May 09, 12:47pm

Re
Ian, One of my 18650s is 45g, and my charger is 40g. So right at 3oz combined. Ryan

In GEAR » I need some schooling on batteries....
May 09, 5:28am

Re: Re: Re: Tent for North Carolina
Tyler, If the Big Agnes tents are $100 off, I would take the Copper Spur UL2 and not look back. The Copper Spurs are great tents and I think would be the most livable in the conditions we see. I...

May 08, 8:20pm

Re: I need some schooling on batteries....
It's tough to beat an 18650 for a battery pack device. They hold a lot of juice for little weight and can be very inexpensive. There are 26650 and 32650 batteries which are enormous in comparis...

In GEAR » I need some schooling on batteries....
May 08, 5:54pm

Re: Profit
Thanks for sharing those figures Lawson and for also discussing the cold weather issues with 9485pc in the other thread. Those are the kind of posts I wish I saw around here more often. My advice f...

In Gear Deals » Lightweight Affordable Tarps
May 04, 8:41am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lightweight Affordable Tarps
"We are not discussing Tyvek 1085d. Tyvek 1443R was the subject." If your Tyvek is noisy, you aren't discussing 1443R. The rest of us are. Ryan

In Gear Deals » Lightweight Affordable Tarps
May 01, 7:48pm

Re: so?
"She said that if you give people food stamps, they will become dependent on them. Everybody always tries to smear people. Her point is valid even if some get offended by the delivery." ...

In Chaff » The GOP (The Party For The Unstable) Hate National Parks Too
May 01, 5:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaving prices posted
"The mods there must have a LOT of spare time and nothing else to do!" No more than anyone else I suppose. There are just many more mods than here so the responsibilities are shared. Y...

In Gear Swap » Sellers: when your item sells, Edit your post, do not Reply to it
May 01, 4:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm