BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 191 - 200 of 994 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...100

Forum » Thread

Re: Re:
"How do you deal with disappointment? I want to be there when Jen meets Doug." LOL. Well played, Ken. Enjoyed that. How I handle disappointment - For the most part I try to keep thi...

In Chaff » How do you deal with disappointment?
February 13, 12:41pm

Re: Montana Mountain Man Arrested For Fishing Without A License Because He Was Hungry.
Matthew, I hope you are posting this in jest. Obviously that guy is off the charts. Ryan

In Chaff » Montana Mountain Man Arrested For Fishing Without A License (or was it taking the King's deer?) Because He Was Hungry.
February 13, 12:02pm

Re: Tarp Condensation
I will second what Ben said. Seems like about 1/2 the nights I'm on the trail, I wake up with moisture all over everything. Conditions in the SE are perfect for creating a lot of dew I guess. G...

In GEAR » Tarp Condensation
February 12, 5:10pm

Re: Re: nice
Yep, they have been awesome with me as well. Ryan

In GEAR » ULA Service is off the charts AWESOME!!!
February 12, 4:49pm

Re: Re: FOOT GROWTH STUDY!!!!
Also, you should think about posting something over on Whiteblaze.net. They have a forum solely for the class of 2014 Thru-hikers so you could easily communicate with this year's thru hiker cla...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » FOOT GROWTH STUDY!!!!
February 10, 5:41pm

Re: Big Puffy
Delmar, It would. I've tried it on over a more puffy jacket also and it fits like a glove. Ryan

In GEAR » Luke's UL wind shirt review
February 09, 6:23am

Re: Zipper?
With the hood on, the zipper needs to be about 1" down from the very top in order to pull down one handed. With no hood, it needs to be about 2" down from the top for one-handed action. T...

February 08, 10:42pm

Luke's UL wind shirt review
Ordered a wind shirt from Lukes Ultralite, but instead of the standard 1.1oz material, Luke used Nobull 1 at my request. Nobull 1 has the reputation for not being very downproof, however, it's ...

February 08, 10:28pm

Re: 35 - 45 mile Georgia / North Carolina Loops
In late February, most areas with elevation in the Southern Appalachians are going to be fairly cold. We did a loop last year in early March and the lows were 20-25F. If that temp range is OK, ther...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 35 - 45 mile Georgia / North Carolina Loops
February 08, 8:45pm

Re: Zpacks' XW Sleeping Bag
Ian, I ordered an XWide-XXLong 20F bag with draft tube and 900fp back on 1/30. It should arrive pretty soon, I will confirm the specs if you can wait. I also had Joe make mine all black. Not gon...

In GEAR » Zpacks' XW Sleeping Bag
February 08, 7:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm