BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 191 - 200 of 1423 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...143

Forum » Thread

5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2013: Henry Coe State Park, California
BPLers Gathering of Gear Geeks: Henry Coe State Park January 25-27th, 2013 Corral Trail Head to Manzanita Point Group Campsites 2.7 Miles Approx. Manzanita Point Camptsite Elevation 2,270 Ft...

In Photo Gallery » 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2013: Henry Coe State Park, California
January 27, 10:58pm

Re: Michael - Sat campsite
Michael, Appreciate the generousity of your offer to Michael and his son. You just have to love BPL people....always the best people. Just an update for everyone who has expressed concern ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe
January 25, 10:27am

Re: GGG Participation
Michael, Another fellow BPLer was nice enough to PM me to remind me that if you are coming out Friday....there are plenty of spot open at the group site for Friday night to Saturday. The only...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe
January 24, 10:32pm

Re: GGG Participation
Michael, Thanks for posting up, but a few points of clarification. This event is open to everyone...BPL membership is not a requirement to come. At this point, I am not sure that the two g...

January 24, 6:34pm

Re: 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. @ Henry Coe
David, Ken may be on the road at this time. The two support vehicles are likely to be Ken's VW Van and Marc's truck. I am sure we will make sure we have room for your two boxes. ...

January 24, 2:03pm

Bring Cash for Parking- Credit Card Machine is Down
Just a heads up everyone. I received a call from Ranger John this evening regarding the parking situation at Henry Coe. Apparently, their credit card machine is down and there is no guarantee...

January 23, 10:21pm

Re: 5th Annual Bay Area G.G.G. aka GGG 5.0 1/25-27, 2013 Henry W Coe
Marc, Just wanted to give out a big THANK YOU for all that you have done for us and the GGG over the past years. Having all that wood and water has made a huge difference for everyone. I c...

January 23, 5:53pm

Re: Silnylon Rain Gear- Rain Gear and Wind Shirt All In One?
Chad, Thanks for taking the time to give me your detailed review and thoughts about Luke's Silnylon Rain Jacket and for pointing out the differences between the AGG and Luke's. I like...

In GEAR » Silnylon Rain Gear- Rain Gear and Wind Shirt All In One?
January 22, 11:27pm

Re: Rain
Cameron, Looking forward to seeing you there...been a while. Regarding the support vehicles, we are allowed to take them with the Ranger's approval, depending on the road conditions. I...

January 22, 6:58pm

Re: Silnylon Rain Gear- Rain Gear and Wind Shirt All In One?
I just wanted to thank everyone who gave their feedback and advice. One of the reasons I love this place so much...always people willing to help out. Yeah, seems like rain gear that works is ...

In GEAR » Silnylon Rain Gear- Rain Gear and Wind Shirt All In One?
January 22, 2:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm