BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 191 - 200 of 1466 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...147

Forum » Thread

Re: separate charger, but USB capacity
Diane, Okay, I get what you are talking about. Would be intriguing, but in terms of having a separate battery pack to charge the battery....that might be the same size as carrying a 2nd batte...

In Photography » charging camera batteries via USB
June 10, 9:11pm

Re: charging camera batteries via USB
Diane, I just got the Sony RX100, which does not come with a battery charger and charges batteries via USB. Sounds convient, but I think that the charging time would be slower vs. a plug in u...

In Photography » charging camera batteries via USB
June 10, 4:03pm

Re: "Solution for transporting Caldera cone"
Jeffrey, Awesome idea to use the bottle as a scoop. I am doing the same thing you are for holding my cone, but did not think to use it for a scoop for my platy. Brillant duel use! Thank...

In GEAR » Solution for transporting Caldera cone
June 05, 12:07pm

Re: Smartwool Microweight Half Zip -- 150
Hartley, Thanks for all of the insight on the hoodies with other options for me to consider. Sounds like you love the hoody as much as I do. Gotta love the simplicity of the whole thing wi...

In GEAR » Ibex Indie Hoody too Hot for Summer in the Sierras?
June 03, 11:29pm

Something Odd and Different for Your Hands
I used Sun Precautions Hand Guards on my 2011 JMT trip after my friend, Linda, used them on a short trip we took together. They are "unique" in that they leave your hands free and not ...

In GEAR » Sun Gloves?
June 03, 11:22pm

Re: Merino 1
Eric, Thanks for the feedback on the Ibex Zip T. The only thing that kills me on the Patagonia is that it does not have a half zip in the front, which I have appreciated while panting for air...

June 03, 3:04pm

Re: Merino 1
Corey, I could not find the LS Crew on Patagonia's website. Maybe this is what you meant? http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/mens-merino-wool-baselayer-1-silkweight-baselayer-crew?p=3...

June 03, 2:35pm

Re: Re: Ibex Indie Hoody too Hot for Summer in the Sierras?
Anna, Thanks for the suggestions. I wear a medium size. If I keep taking the bovine steriods, I might make it to a large size in the future. :) @ everyone else....thank you for confirmi...

June 03, 10:49am

Ibex Indie Hoody too Hot for Summer in the Sierras?
I replaced my beloved BPL Hoody after taking it on the JMT and wearing holes through the shoulders with the Ibex 195 weight Indie Hoody. http://shop.ibex.com/Apparel/Mens-Long-Sleeve/M-Hooded-In...

June 02, 11:49pm

Re: Recommendation on new UL backpack?
Scott, Check out the MLD Exodus, which is at 17 oz. I am considering the Full Suspension version, which has a removable frame and pad for heavier loads. With the frame and pad it is 22 oz....

In GEAR » Recommendation on new UL backpack?
May 24, 10:24am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm