BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 191 - 200 of 545 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...55

Forum » Thread

Re: Ultralight mountaineering boots and crampons
I would go for durability over lightweight for mountain rescue, but I'm not in SAR so take that for what you will. This is assuming that you fit into Scarpa/La Sportiva boots. If you have an...

In GEAR » Ultralight mountaineering boots and crampons
May 27, 1:38pm

Re: Heavyweight Hiking on Colorado
Pretty light for winter snowshoeing in Colorado! My pack for winter in the Cascades is quite a bit larger.

In GEAR » Heavyweight Hiking on Colorado
May 27, 1:31pm

Re: Ice axe / crampons for early July JMT
1. If you don't pratice using it, it's just a prop for your photos 2. Easy as watching a youtube video and spending an hour practicing. Don't do it on the JMT though, since you might s...

In GEAR » Ice axe / crampons for early July JMT
May 25, 10:54am

Re: Plastic spork vs Ti spork ?
I agree, the throwaway sporks can easily break when you don't want them to. A nice quality lexan spork should run just a few bucks. I have an old GSI one that is light, cheap, and nicely colore...

In GEAR » Plastic spork vs Ti spork ?
May 24, 1:36pm

Re: GPS on JMT? Which Topo Maps ??
I wouldn't even consider one. An altimeter would be nice though, since things seemed to be defined in terms of elevation rather than distance out there.

In GEAR » GPS on JMT? Which Topo Maps ??
May 24, 12:10pm

Re: Thermolite insulated bag liner
This thing seems to pop up every week. Greatest marketing lie ever. I bet they make a ton of money off of it.

In GEAR » Thermolite insulated bag liner
May 22, 8:32pm

Re: down jacket ?'s
Can a 17oz Marmot jacket be compared to a 7ox Montbell jacket? Hopefully you'll be using this a lot. If so, buy what makes sense, not just what you can get a good deal on.

In GEAR » down jacket ?'s
May 21, 6:19pm

Re: Socks for hot summers
I wore wrightsock double layer socks through 265 miles of socal desert (and mountains). I think they were coolmax or something like that. I still use them.

In GEAR » Socks for hot summers
May 20, 6:38am

Re: Re: Snowshoe Daypack
The Stratos is a comfy pack, but be carful not to overload it. I snapped the frames on two of them. The 2010 model is less functional, but at least they switched to a metal frame. They carry weight...

In GEAR » Snowshoe Daypack
May 17, 11:24pm

Re: The Shame Of Non-UL Gear (slightly sarcastic)
I think pushing that would be better than humping 49 pounds of joy up 6500 ft :P Good to see you are active again and taking advantage of it. I never bought into the lighter is better mar...

In GEAR » The Shame Of Non-UL Gear (slightly sarcastic)
May 17, 6:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm