Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tjaard Breeuwer (Tjaard) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minnesota, USA
About Me I like to get out and camp, but I don't like a heavy pack on my back. I love hiking, mtb-packing, xc skiing and ice skate touring.
CityDuluth
StateMN
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tjaard Breeuwer

Showing 191 - 200 of 374 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...38

Forum » Thread

Clothing
Windshirts have pro's and cons, as you noticed, there are many opinions about them to be found on BPL. The Dryclime is essentially a windshirt with a fixed baselayer. It think that for the c...

In Gear Lists » River to RIver trail list
September 18, 12:31pm

Missing items?
I did not see: Wallet Cell phone Camera Car key The first is pretty much required in some form, the latter are optional, but common.

In Gear Lists » Looking to go lighter still
September 17, 9:01pm

I tied them with an '8' of cord
This past night I tied two Neoairs together with 2 loops of cord tied into an '8' just like the old couple kit. The pads can't slide over each other because of the knot in the center. I...

In GEAR » Re: Two NeoAir mats together?
September 17, 8:48pm

Some ideas/questions about your list
Specific comments: -What is BA stuff? -Do you need a SAK-Swisscard? You have a knife -Do you need the packcover with all the drybags? (This is were environmental assessment comes in) -You lis...

September 17, 8:36pm

That is just what I meant
That is much more understandable, except please add what each item is, not just a model name: "ie: Houdini -windshirt", I know some of them, but not all, plus it helps focus you on the fu...

September 17, 8:30pm

Bivies
Raquel, I do not have any specific recommendations for bivies. There are quite a few breathable bivies out there. I think a bug netting of some sort is very useful and a large enough size to put...

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing
September 17, 7:50pm

Ken what's you list look like now?
Hi Ken, Would you post your updated list? I am having a hard time understanding what exactly you are bringing. Please post a list for one trip, the different options for different trips are c...

September 17, 1:31pm

Re: Which quilt for me? Another Idea
I will start of by saying that I know very little about Enlightened Equipenet quilts, so Tim's advice about his own product is of course the most experienced. I would just offer an option ba...

September 17, 12:49pm

Family w/ small kids sleeping option: 2 slightly wide quilts
Just to inspire some more families to get outside or help lighten the load for the ones that are: We have an almost 5 and almost 2 year old and started backpacking with them last year. Until no...

In GEAR » Family w/ small kids sleeping option: 2 slightly wide quilts
September 17, 12:11pm

Mailwoman pulled into our driveway today, must be more than letters!
I have been anxiously awaiting our quilts to make their way up the state, and today the mailwoman pulled into our driveway, that's a good sign! She had this box for us: Except that it h...

September 17, 10:36am

All Reader Reviews by Tjaard Breeuwer

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Goosefeet gear Custom down parka
This review is for a custom down parka from Goosefeet gear. Par...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 14, 10:24am

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
Quality: The sewing is very neatly done, I have not looked super close at the fabric but from a casual glance I don't see any blemishes. Nice soft hand. Fit: I have a 6'6&qu...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 17, 12:30pm

Golite Hex 3
I was surprised to see we fit comfortably with our family of 4, while using the nest. By hanging it from a line between two trees, we have room for a double bag in the center and no pole to be knocke...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
April 06, 9:33pm

L.L. Bean Ultralight 850 Down Jacket
I returned the L tall I had ordered, as the sleeves were too short. I ended up with a Montbell in XL which had longer sleeves and was no more baggy than the L tall LL Bean.

March 08, 9:26pm

Montbell Down inner pants
As mentioned these are a nice and light pair of warm pants. Sorry for the exclamation marks but I have never found stock pants like this! The great news with these is that they fit very slim for...

March 02, 11:36am

mont-bell Thermawrap Parka & Pants
I got the womens size S for my daughter, who wears size 6(yr old) kids clothes normally. The lightest hooded kids parka I could find was the Marmot Amadablam. This is lighter, longer in the waist ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 20, 9:08pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
The design is poor, with a crummy hood that doesn't cover my chin and no bill, short sleeves and body, wide opening at the waist and no articulation anywhere. Wimpy rainflap over a very porous zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 16, 8:48pm

Cioch Direct /Paramo custom
I have a Cioch Direct Glamaigh and can only echo the previous comments: It is as breathable as an uncoated windshell,but the liner makes it as warm as a windshell with light fleece underneath. So ...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 15, 9:04am