Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken K (TheFatBoy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale St. Louis
About Me Ken K has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken K

Showing 191 - 200 of 424 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...43

Forum » Thread

Re: 153gms (5.4oz) world's lightest remote canister stove $35
That's good to hear! Now if only my new toy would get here... Have I mentioned that patience is not one of my strong suits?

In Gear Deals » 153gms (5.4oz) world's lightest remote canister stove $35
June 12, 7:45pm

ZipLoc or Hefty
+1 on the ZipLoc for smaller sizes. The extra-wide band of yellow/blue makes for a secure closure. For bigger sizes (clothes & small sleeping bags) I use the Hefty freezer bags with the zip...

In GEAR » most secure plastic bag
June 12, 7:37pm

Not a chance...
My wife's idea of roughing it is having to run an extension cord for the hair dryer. So until they come up with a 5-mile extension cord, it's just going to be me and the kids. Even then, ...

In GEAR » My GF is UL....well, getting there.
June 12, 6:52pm

Treated bandanas
I carry a bandana for the kitchen (dishrag, pot gripper, water pre-filter), and a bandana for everything else (hat, body washrag, towel). I wouldn't want the kitchen bandana treated. I don...

In GEAR » Bandana question
June 12, 12:29pm

Re: Re: World's lightest remote canister stove $27.50
>> I will admit that looking at the pictures on both sites that the stoves seem to be identical. If the specs are correct on both sites the eBay stove is $7.50 cheaper, 2.5 ozs heavier and h...

In Gear Deals » 153gms (5.4oz) world's lightest remote canister stove $35
June 11, 2:54pm

Re: re: feral hogs
>> Feral hogs are certainly not everywhere. Alpine regions, for instance, have no feral hogs. I've never seen one in the wild, but I think the point there is that most places have som...

In GEAR » The real water treatment deal
June 11, 12:49pm

Walmart food scale
I picked up a digital food scale at Walmart for $18. Measures to 5kg in 1g increments. Also can display in ounces (to 0.1 ounces) and pound and has a tare feature. So far I've been pretty impr...

In GEAR » Scale
June 11, 12:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Idea to make those expensive titanium stakes more visible.
>> It's not terribly convenient to individually paint the hook of a stake one by one with nail polish, but it is easy/cheap. That actually sounds like a fun day with my girls. I'll...

In GEAR » Idea to make those expensive titanium stakes more visible.
June 11, 11:01am

A few corrections
Per the CDC, iodine does not kill crypto and chlorine dioxide is only marginally effective against crypto (pressumably more effective with longer dwell times). Further, iodine should not be used f...

In GEAR » The real water treatment deal
June 11, 10:46am

Re: lol
I don't have a setup yet... I've got a 3 liter Platy Hoser currently set up as a gravity filter. I've got an a drill and an extra cap just itching to be peppered with holes. I'...

In GEAR » Max temp in a Platy bottle/bladder?
June 09, 11:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken K

Ken K has posted no reviews.