Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris Chastain (Thangfish) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale S. Central NC, USA
About Me Chris Chastain has not added a biography yet.
CityCameron
StateNC
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Chastain

Showing 191 - 200 of 251 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

lifetime filter?
> Sawyer is guaranteeing their filter for life now by the way. So what happens when it eventually clogs? Do they replace it free??

In Make Your Own Gear » Heavier, Better Gravity Filter for the Lazy Backpacker
February 11, 7:40pm

cheap vapor barrier
I have a vapor barrier liner from Campmor. I've only needed it once so far and wasn't sure I wanted to spend the gitas for the WM one. It's about twice the weight and 1/4 of the pri...

In GEAR » Bivy Question
February 10, 7:07pm

zrest / velcro
If you're not using it already, there is an industrial variety of velcro that has MUCH stronger adhesive. MUCH higher price too! I looked around but can't lay my hands on mine right now,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packs that use pad for frame
February 10, 4:16pm

Re: Sitlight Pad
Ok thanks, Scott. I just use a piece of blue closed cell foam pad in the external pad pocket (if at all) for convenient access. I had thought about buying a sitlight in hopes of slightly better ve...

February 10, 4:11pm

Re: Put the Z-Rest on top
Hey Scott, Do the convolutions on the sitlight pad offer any benefits (comfort, ventilation, whatever) over a flat pad like the thinlight against your back? thanks

February 09, 3:48pm

Re: Re: Packs that use pad for frame - a stupid idea
> It seems very strange to stick all that ultra-light stuff between your back and your pack. What is "all that ultra-light stuff" you are referring to here? The OP stated that her p...

February 09, 3:19pm

filter viruses?
As far as I know, it's not possible to filter viruses with a commonly available consumer type filter.

February 08, 7:29pm

Homeschoolers
Hey Edude... Hats off to your mom! Much respect for those that take the time to do this. You are truly blessed.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Youthful Posters
February 08, 7:25pm

Heavier, Better Gravity Filter for the Lazy Backpacker
I finally got my hands on a Platypus CleanStream replacement cartridge to play with. After making a very light (but not effective enough) gravity filter in THIS POST I decided that I would sac...

February 07, 10:14am

Re: Embedded Link
This post

In User Test Forum » Embedded Link
February 07, 9:41am

All Reader Reviews by Chris Chastain

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Dirty Girl Gaiters
Dirty Girl Gaiters are cheap, light, breathable, simple and dang cool looking. What else could you ask for in the way of general usage ultralight backpacking gaiters? Only one thing... I wish they wo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 27, 10:07pm