BPL Community Profile

Rakesh Malik (Tamerlin) - BPL Guest

My Locale Cascadia
About Me Rakesh Malik has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.WhiteCranePhotography.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rakesh Malik

Showing 191 - 200 of 738 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...74

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: XUL Tarp Cord
That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation, Ryan!

In GEAR » XUL Tarp Cord
October 04, 4:56pm

Re: Re: XUL Tarp Cord
"Not to mention an overhand or similar knot reduces the line strength by about 50%." Out of curiosity, why does a knot reduce the strength of the line? Particularly, why by such a margin?

In GEAR » XUL Tarp Cord
September 21, 7:31pm

Re: Re: Seeking advice on shelters made with metalized, reflective cuben fiber material
Lawson did point out that the reflective Cuben passes less light, and therefore swelters a less than translucent Cuben in bright sun. I have no personal experience with it, but it makes sense, sinc...

In GEAR » Seeking advice on shelters made with metalized, reflective cuben fiber material
September 21, 12:15pm

Re: tent
It has a yellow fly. Thanks!

In Gear Swap » FS: MSR Carbon Reflex 2
July 31, 9:49pm

Re: What to Use for HD Video?
You might want to check out the micro 4/3's cameras, particularly the Panasonics. I'm going to give my Sony Nex-5 a try with video soon; it does a great job on stills (the 10x15 prints are ...

In GEAR » What to Use for HD Video?
July 30, 8:41am

Re: cost?
I don't know about TiGoat's, but Bear Paw's tarp poles are available in aluminum. For the most part, I think you're right; you don't really save much weight with carbon in a pol...

In GEAR » SpinnTwinn, tarps in general
July 28, 10:43am

Re: sweet
That depends a lot on your height. Someone who's 5'8 won't need as much height as someone who's 6'2 :) The suggestion to experiment is your best bet, but to get you started I...

In GEAR » SpinnTwinn, tarps in general
July 27, 12:15am

Re: Lightweight DSLR Kit
You have me interested in checking one out now. I'm going to have to check this out next time I head over to REI :)

In GEAR » Lightweight DSLR Kit
July 27, 12:07am

Re: Rsting Pulse and Fat intake
"I think some of the coldness is resting pulse" What, do you think your heart is the only thing in your body that generates heat? "I am sure there is more to it, but it seems l...

In Philosophy & Technique » Low Body Fat - The Tipping Point
July 27, 12:01am

Re: Re: Maps
"Humans (and I bet most other animals) can combine multiple learned paths into a three dimensional cognitive map of an area." Not inherently, I think. I believe it's a learned skil...

In Philosophy & Technique » How animals navigate
July 24, 3:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Rakesh Malik

Rakesh Malik has posted no reviews.