BPL Community Profile

steven franchuk (Surf) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale steven franchuk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me steven franchuk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by steven franchuk

Showing 191 - 200 of 356 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...36

Forum » Thread

Re: pac it lite
"That night I slept with the door open (10 was the low that night) I think if I would have left it shut. The fabric would have done its thing and I would have had less of a problem." S...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pac Lite for a quilt
March 14, 10:12pm

Re: Re: Re: 100% propane in aluminuim canisters?
"Note that it does have a 7/16" NCEF threaded Lindal valve, so it would be immediately compatible with every remote canister stove on the market." it might not be compatible with ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Thermal Feedback in Upright Canister Stoves
March 12, 12:07am

Re: 100% propane in aluminuim canisters?
The aluminum in that can is probably a lot thicker than aluminum used in the old Power Max butane canisters. The empty can probably weighs significantly more and it may not be easy to crush. Th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Thermal Feedback in Upright Canister Stoves
March 10, 6:47pm

air intake holes in wind screen?
The flames look very yellow. This might indicate not enough air for the fuel to burn completely. I can't tell from your photos but you should have some way for air to get in at the base of th...

In GEAR » First alcohol stove
March 09, 6:24pm

use hose reducers
The first thing you need to do is to determine the ID (inner diameter) of the hoses you want to connect. Once you have that you can then look for the barbed hose adaptor (reducer) that will work. ...

In GEAR » connecting varying water systems
March 09, 5:58pm

Re: delorme north america route length discrepancies
There are a lot of small errors in maps. one of the biggest is in acccurately showing switchbacks. A mile of switchback may ocupy such a small area on the map that the mape only shows one. In ot...

In GEAR » delorme north america route length discrepancies
March 09, 12:24pm

Re: RE: MYOG Tyvek
"I can barely sew, and I have no machine, so Tyvek is out." "also have no sewing skills to speak of. My first Tyvek bivy was made with no hood, no sewing, and held together by 3m ...

In GEAR » Most Breathable Bivy?
March 05, 10:01pm

Re: Condensation due to temp differential
"I've been thinking about the condensation issue. I'm wondering if there are 2 factors involved. 1 would be the ability to transfer warm wet air outside the bivy ( aka breathability )....

March 05, 9:38pm

Re: Re: I don't speak Cordura
"Which fabrics are Water-Resistant/Breathable and which are Waterproof/Breathable. I know Pertex is the former and Goretex is the latter, any other examples worth knowing about? I'm fairly...

March 04, 11:31pm

Re: The Kovea Spider (KB-1109) Remote Canister Stove
I think it would be very difficult to get the weight down to the 4 once rage. The hose and preheat tube alone probably weigh an once or more. The pot supports have to do double duty by holding th...

In GEAR » The Kovea Spider (KB-1109) Remote Canister Stove
March 04, 12:13am

All Reader Reviews by steven franchuk

steven franchuk has posted no reviews.