Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

steven franchuk (Surf) - BPL Guest

My Locale steven franchuk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me steven franchuk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by steven franchuk

Showing 191 - 200 of 388 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...39

Forum » Thread

Re: Mini-knives: Gurber Curve Mini Tool vs. Leatherman key chain Multi-Tool
You might want to return the Leatherman. I have had minefor about a year and there is no play in the rivet. Still cuts moleskin just fine.

In GEAR » Mini-knives: Gurber Curve Mini Tool vs. Leatherman key chair Multi-Tool
April 20, 10:21pm

IR and efficiency
This was posted on MYOG some time ago: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=73021 Basically the boil times for bear cans were me...

In GEAR » Curing High-T paint on Your Pot
April 20, 11:08am

Re: What's the snow line like in Yosemite / Sierra Nevada's about now?
Check out this recent post trip report for Kibbie lake in northern Yosemite. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=75813

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's the snow line like in Yosemite / Sierra Nevada's about now?
April 16, 12:02am

Re: Odor Proof helps but isn't a comprehensive bear strategy
It seems to me that the purpose of proper food storage really has nothing in common with the goal of preventing an attack. Daniel, If you look at wikipedia list of fatal bear attacks you will ...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 15, 10:48pm

Re: AM
"The EPA has conservative treatment criteria published for chlorine dioxide, as it is used by municipal water treatment facilities. It is linear, concentration (ppm) x time (min) for treatm...

In GEAR » Is Aqua Mira effective against Giardia?
April 14, 12:47am

Re: scent
"Interesting. But, it doesnt prove or disprove any advantage of odor resistant bags in real situations. As others said, what is wanted is to reduce the chance of a bear smelling your foo...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 10, 11:05pm

Re: Jetboil in the wind: Doing the Jetboil Shuffle
"Another side benefit, filling the jetboil with clean snow was as simple as shaking it off the tree branches into the cookpot. This could be done, little by little for better efficiency withou...

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
April 10, 12:16am

Re: Bearikade and the Grizzly Question
The bearvoult canister was defeated by one bear that figured out how to open it. It's the only canister that has been opened by a bear manipulating the latch. That bear then taught her cubs h...

In GEAR » Bearikade and the Grizzly Question
April 09, 9:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Water treatment
"If the hollow tubes are full of water but the rest of the filter is empty which you can do by shaking it out, and it freezes, the tubes will just stretch with no problem. When you backwash th...

In GEAR » Water treatment
April 07, 11:38pm

Re: HiVent
"HI-Vent is created by applying a polyurethane coating with a special DT print matrix which acts as a dry-touch, half-layer coating" .polyurethane wpb fabrics are cheep and frequently ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy Material Suggestions???
April 07, 1:34pm

All Reader Reviews by steven franchuk

steven franchuk has posted no reviews.