BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 191 - 200 of 591 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: Columbia
+1 on the Columbia Silver Ridge pants. I have been wearing them for about 4 years now and love them.

In GEAR » Favorite pants?
April 26, 7:49pm

Re: Wonderland
Yea, we didn't get our permits...oh well. We will try again another year though. We will be hiking in the Olympics instead, which looks like it will also be pretty exciting! Jake has laid out s...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wonderland Permit is a go!
April 25, 2:35pm

Re: Agree!!!
Same here. All of my experiences with ZPacks have been excellent. Not only is thier gear super awesome, but their customer service is the same. I am definitely a life long customer, and feel comple...

In GEAR » Gotta love those ZPacks guys
April 23, 7:52am

Re: Re: GooseFeet Gear stuff sack pillowcase & Exped air pillow
Jennifer, on the GF pillow page, under the first drop down box click yes to add the stuff sack pocket. As far as size, I would suggest calling, or emailing, whichever you prefer, and letting him kn...

In GEAR » Pillow dilemma
April 21, 1:39pm

GooseFeet Gear stuff sack pillowcase & Exped air pillow
I just posted about my most recent pillow set up on my blog a few days ago. Mine is very similar to KC's... I am using the GooseFeet Gear down stuff sack pillow with 1 oz of 850+ fill down i...

In GEAR » Pillow dilemma
April 20, 11:03pm

Re: Sewn in groundsheet
Duane, I used the solo plus ground sheet inside my Hexamid, on top of the mesh. At each corner, as well as at the middle of each side, the ground sheet can be clipped up to the tarp. By doing this,...

In GEAR » Netting Floor for shelter. Any drawbacks??
April 17, 6:53pm

Sewn in groundsheet
If you are going to have the ground sheet sewn in, I would suggest also seeing if the mesh could be sewn up the tarp a few inches rather than at the edge. As I said before, and others here, when th...

April 17, 4:46pm

GSI
GSI has some nice hard anodized AL pots. I have the 1.8L cook pot that came in the '09 Dualist cook kit. The pot (with handles) and supplied lid weighs 8.9 oz. I also have the Halulite tea kett...

In GEAR » Favorite Hard Anodized Al Pots, solo, 2p and 3-4p group?
April 16, 6:30pm

Yes... there are drawbacks.
I actually sold my Hexamid tent a couple of months ago now. To be honest, I sold it because I had purchased another tent, so I decided to part with the Hexamid to help dampen the monetary blow a bi...

April 16, 6:22pm

Another in the zip-off camp...
Count me in the zip-off camp. About 4 years ago now, I went shopping for my hiking pants. I tried on pants by REI, Ex Officio, Mountain Hardware, TNF, and Columbia. Of all of these, the Columbia pa...

In GEAR » Lower Body Clothing System
April 11, 7:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.