BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 191 - 200 of 602 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...61

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Calder Cone & Starlyte stoves
I second what Jennifer said...

In GEAR » Calder Cone & Starlyte stoves
June 09, 5:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Foam-like neoair protector anyone?
Yeah I wouldn't suggest using the ccf pad directly on the ground. I still use at least a small piece of polycro directly on the ground...

In GEAR » Foam like neoair protector anyone?
June 02, 9:57pm

Re: ESBIT gunk & pot storage
I also used the little tyvek sleeve to store my cone before putting it inside the cook pot. With my 1.3L set-up, it has been used for lots of both wood & Esbit, however, the Tyvek sleeve does a...

In GEAR » Mini Caldera Cone awesomenessness
June 02, 8:21pm

Re: Foam-like neoair protector anyone?
I use the large XLite. When packed up, it is my "frame" or back padding may be a better term. Anyway, in the colder months, I will carry a 1/8" GG Thinlight pad to supplement the XLi...

In GEAR » Foam like neoair protector anyone?
June 02, 8:12pm

UL Evernew Pot Weights
Here are the weights of my Evernew "UL" (the ones w/o the non stick coating) ti pots: 0.6L pot: 67 grams 0.6L pot + lid: 91 grams 0.9L pot: 81 grams 0.9L pot + lid: 110 grams ...

In GEAR » weights of Evernew ultralight pots: 0.6, 0.9, 1.3 L?
May 31, 3:46pm

Re: weights of Evernew ultralight pots: 0.6, 0.9, 1.3 L?
David, I got your email. I'm at work now but will get the weights of all 3 once I get home. They are all 3 the "UL" versions as well.

In GEAR » weights of Evernew ultralight pots: 0.6, 0.9, 1.3 L?
May 31, 1:04pm

The Trail Show Podcast
I have never listened to the "BPL" podcasts, but have been listening to the guys (and gals) over on The Trail Show, and it has been quite entertaining. I have enjoyed it for sure.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL Podcasts?
May 12, 8:31pm

Thank you Anna!
Wow... I cannot believe that I missed these... they are definitely on my radar now! Just curious, is your listed 5 oz including the straps? And how do you like the handles? I love the grips in the ...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles-Lightest fully adjustable
May 12, 11:06am

Re: Starlyte Modified
Reggie, a few questions. Which Ti-Tri system did you use when doing the tests? Classic, Sidewinder, Fissure or Fusion? Did you use a heat reflector/ground protector under the stoves? How d...

In Gear Deals » StarLyte Burner With Cap
May 05, 8:00pm

Re: A topo of your tent
That's pretty cool...

In GEAR » A topo of your tent
May 04, 9:54am

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.