BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 191 - 200 of 516 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: Repair lost tip on LT4 trekking pole
I recently had to send in one of my LT4's for the very same thing. And yes, as others have already said, the whole tip will need to be replaced. As far as I understand, the entire tip is pressf...

In GEAR » Repair lost tip on LT4 trekking pole
December 04, 6:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Enlightened
I also like that the Climashield Apex quilts don't use the sewn thru construction to create baffles like down needs. Instead, it is simply sewn around the perimeter, which means there are no sp...

In GEAR » Best synthetic summer bag?
December 02, 10:23pm

Re: Enlightened
I really like my "summer" quilt that Tim made me. It uses 2.5 Climashield Apex and the old M50. It is 76" long, 53" wide at the head and has a straight taper down to 39.5" ...

In GEAR » Best synthetic summer bag?
December 02, 10:05pm

DIY Pot Stands
Not trying to talk you out of buying one of Tinny's pot stands, but I will say that for about $20 (or less) you can pick up a roll of the hardware cloth from a home improvement store and make a...

In GEAR » Minibulldesign's Pot Stand Dimensions
December 02, 7:27am

Re: Klymit Static V question
I also picked up the Static V pad a while back, however, I found it right opposite of comfortable. Those spaced out baffles were a bit uncomfortable to me, especially when lying on my sides. They s...

In GEAR » Klymit Static V question
December 01, 10:34am

GooseFeet Gear Down Socks & Overbooties...
I too have recently went with Ben's down socks and then with the overbooties, and so far I am glad that I have! I have used them 4 nights now and they have been great each night! I got the size...

In GEAR » Cold Feet Sleepers - Solution Debate
November 30, 8:24pm

Redneck Beer Cup (AKA: Bud Light Tumbler)
Not Ti, but you can check out the Redneck Beer Cups by SNCTOOL Outdoor Products. These are tumblers made from aluminum Bud Light cans. He rolls the top so that they are stronger and will not cut...

In GEAR » Ti Cup
November 30, 1:46pm

Re: Re: Toaks titanium solo pots
Thanks for the confirmation on the wall thickness Jhaura. I knew that this 375ml mug I had was much thicker than what I was used to seeing. And that will be interesting to see the upcoming pot with...

In GEAR » Toaks titanium solo pots
November 30, 1:10pm

Toaks 375ml Mug
I accidentally picked up one of the Toaks 375 ml mugs a while back...I meant to add it to my wish list on my Amazon account, but accidentally hit the "One Click Buy" button and then didn&...

In GEAR » Toaks titanium solo pots
November 29, 9:51pm

4 cups of water on a single Esbit
I did a video recently in which I tried to get 4 cups of water to boil on a single 0.5 oz Esbit cube. I used 4 cups of cold water straight out of the tap in my 1.3L Evernew UL cook pot and the Gram...

In GEAR » Weber cubes
November 23, 8:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.