BPL Community Profile

Walter Carrington (Snowleopard) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Mass.
About Me Walter Carrington has not added a biography yet.
CityAshburnham
StateMA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Walter Carrington

Showing 191 - 200 of 566 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...57

Forum » Thread

Vapor barrier for Andes.
Neat idea; I really don't like the idea of stripping naked at below 0F. The Peruvian Andes are very arid in the northern summer (July, August, Sept), so vapor barrier clothing might not be...

In Make Your Own Gear » Vapour Barrier Suit experiment
October 04, 6:16pm

RE: 10/21 - 10/23 it is!
I'm in. I have a foot problem that might limit me to shorter hikes, but there's a number of little peaks there I want to do. This is one of my favorite places.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England ultralight weekend!
October 03, 7:45am

Re: Overboots & "underboots"
"I now use them [Neos overboots] with a heavy feltpac liner, contoured support insoles inside them and foam insoles between the felt liners and Neos for more warmth." I sometimes use my ...

In Winter Hiking » Overboots & "underboots"
September 30, 2:43pm

Mt. Wash. (MA) state forest.
I've camped at that site and it's quite nice. There's a lot of good hikes in the area: S. Taconic trail, Mt. Brace, Bear Mt (CT), Mt. Frissel and Conn. high point, and points along t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England ultralight weekend!
September 29, 11:28am

Presidential traverse resources.
A really good resource on the presidential traverse, including escape routes with compass headings, clothing, possible camp sites: http://www.chauvinguides.com/PresiTraverse/presiguide.htm Dou...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Black Diamond Beta Mid in High Wind/Snow
September 28, 9:44am

White mountains (NH) above tree line in winter.
It's not a good idea to camp above tree line in the Presidentials. "just use our bivy sacks if the weather is really horrible" If the weather is really horrible you probably won...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Black Diamond Beta Mid in High Wind/Snow
September 28, 8:24am

Check Amazon for prices.
+1 on Nessco fd75 If you keep checking Amazon prices sometimes you can get great prices on these. When I bought mine the price seemed to go up and down frequently.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Recommendation for a dehydrator?
September 23, 3:11pm

Repairing tent floor.
Did he try to use it as a large cook pot? It looks like you can cut out all but the outer inch or two of the floor and sew a new floor to overlap that inch or two of old floor. Seam seal well. T...

In Make Your Own Gear » Massive burn holes in floor of tent! (see pic) Can it be repaired?
September 12, 4:55pm

Untreated water in flooded areas.
There is now a lot of contamination of water in the areas flooded by Hurricane Irene and subsequent storms. We own land on Batavia Kill near Windham and Prattsville in Greene County, NY. Normally...

In Philosophy & Technique » water treatment...
September 12, 4:18pm

Dri Ducks.
The thread that Jake linked has good info. I have the Dri Ducks jacket and pants. I use mine more in the summer than winter and bought a good Rab Event jacket for more severe conditions. I don&...

In Gear Lists » Best Lightweight Rain Gear
August 30, 9:30am

All Reader Reviews by Walter Carrington

Walter Carrington has posted no reviews.