BPL Community Profile

Walter Carrington (Snowleopard) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Mass.
About Me Walter Carrington has not added a biography yet.
CityAshburnham
StateMA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Walter Carrington

Showing 191 - 200 of 557 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...56

Forum » Thread

Dri Ducks.
The thread that Jake linked has good info. I have the Dri Ducks jacket and pants. I use mine more in the summer than winter and bought a good Rab Event jacket for more severe conditions. I don&...

In Gear Lists » Best Lightweight Rain Gear
August 30, 9:30am

Permethrin.
Treating your socks with permethrin will help. I don't know if it'll help enough, so you'll just have to try it.

In Make Your Own Gear » Mosquito Proof Socks?
August 26, 10:38am

Not in the northeast USA.
I don't think your plan is workable for the east coast (at least in the northeast). In many places you can't even walk along the beach because it's broken up by private property, fence...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hope I can get some help in the right direction.
August 23, 5:36pm

Re: Whats the low down on Bugs, Bears, Snakes and all the rest
Black bears in the Eastern USA are not aggressive, except when they are. There have been cases of black bears predating on humans in Ontario, but it is rare. Grizzly bears are only in a small n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Whats the low down on Bugs, Bears, Snakes and all the rest
August 22, 3:33pm

Half pyramid with vestibule (Royce tent).
Look at the Royce tent in Horace Kephart's book 'Camping and Woodcraft'. It's basically a half pyramid with a vestibule that can be configured in several ways. The weight differen...

In Make Your Own Gear » Vestibule for pyramid tent?
August 21, 3:20pm

Vestibule for half pyramid.
Look at the Royce tent in Horace Kephart's book 'Camping and Woodcraft'. It's basically a half pyramid with a vestibule that can be configured in several ways. The weight differen...

In Make Your Own Gear » Vestibule for pyramid tent?
August 21, 3:19pm

Patagonia sale: nanopuff.
Thanks for the heads up about this. I'm also going for the traffic cone effect with orange (clementine). I like wearing orange because of hunters.

In Gear Deals » Patagonia Web Specials 50% Off
August 16, 4:59pm

Re: Re: high quality denatured alcohol
"Seems to me that the Crown Next Denatured alcohol with 95% Ethanol, 5% isopropanol, might be a less toxic option." Dr_Jimmy So far, this looks like the safest I've seen, except ...

In GEAR » Which brand of denatured alcohol? Where to get it in US?
August 15, 11:01am

Re: I need help with altitude sickness. Please.
Ron, From your description, I'd say it is probably, but not definitely, altitude sickness. It could be some sort of intestinal problem (or something else) that by coincidence kicked in at the...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » I need help with altitude sickness. Please.
August 14, 10:32pm

Breaking and entering.
There are lots of house break ins in the Catskills in NY and a few in the Berkshires.

In Chaff » warning for black bear country
August 13, 5:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Walter Carrington

Walter Carrington has posted no reviews.