BPL Community Profile

Stuart R (Scunnered) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scotland
About Me "When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of science, whatever the matter may be."
Sir William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) 1883

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart R

Showing 191 - 200 of 629 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...63

Forum » Thread

UK gun ownership up, deaths down
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dan-ehrlich/uk-gun-ownership-up-deaths-down_b_1209967.html I was surprised to learn that there are 1.8 million licenced firearms in England and Wales. Of that tot...

In Chaff » Newtown
January 31, 6:17am

Re: Good discussion, guys.
The knowledge of a handful of BPL members is this forums most valuable resource and this is the only reason that keeps me coming back. I love your contributions David, your analogies of peach li...

In GEAR » School me on inverted canisters in cold weather please...
January 30, 9:03am

Re: Propane helps, but it helps more at first.
It isn't that all the propane boils off and then the iso-butane and only then the n-butane. The first vapors are more propane-rich than average. Very true. It is also true that the vapor fr...

January 29, 1:46pm

UK is violent crime capital of Europe
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/5712573/UK-is-violent-crime-capital-of-Europe.html The total number of violent offences recorded compared to population is higher than any ot...

In Chaff » Newtown
January 29, 6:25am

Re: Probably enjoyed the detail
Tad With an inverted stove 1. does the different gases burn off at a different rate, assuming one is heavier than the other? With an upright stove, the propane does boil of faster leading to a...

January 29, 2:06am

Re: School me on inverted canisters in cold weather please...
1) Wrong. The vapor in the canister (created by the boiling liquid) IS entirely what's creating the pressure forcing the fuel vapor (or liquid, in the case of an inverted canister) to the burne...

January 28, 1:49am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re blockages
As Roger said. Note however that the pin will usually press out more easily in one direction than the other - one end of the pin often has a serrated pattern pressed into it and this is the end you...

In GEAR » The New "Worlds lightest cannister stove"?
January 16, 9:57am

bubble
If you have a bubble now, it will only get bigger as you go higher in altitude. If you want a really good compass, look up "Moscow Compass".

In GEAR » Dependable, light base-plate compass
January 09, 3:38pm

Re: Fire Maple FMS-118 Inverted Canister Sputter
As has been suggested already, the sputtering is caused by liquid fuel coming out of the jet. The cause is not the temperature of the pre-heat tube (it only needs to be warm for the fuel to vapour...

In GEAR » Fire Maple FMS-118 Inverted Canister Sputter
January 09, 3:27pm

Re: 4 season tent with hole in floor??
Ha! it's for the trolls to escape...

In GEAR » 4 season tent with hole in floor??
January 05, 7:09am

All Reader Reviews by Stuart R

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coleman Exponent Non-stick Cook Kit
At first glance this looks like just another anodised aluminium cook set, but on closer inspection you will find that these pots have a real standout feature. There is a spiral groove machined or stam...

In Cookware - Other
March 29, 12:43pm