BPL Community Profile

Rod Lawlor (Rod_Lawlor) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Australia
About Me Rod Lawlor has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rod Lawlor

Showing 191 - 200 of 1056 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...106

Forum » Thread

Test
Sounds good. I guess coming from the country with the highest rates of skin cancer in the world, I get a bit paranoid. Any chance of putting a stripe of 30+ sunscreen on your scalp and seeing if ...

In GEAR » Find me some 1oz baseball hat competition...
September 16, 7:39pm

Sun Protection?
Hey Bryce, I'd be very sceptical of the ability of this to protect you from sunburn. If you can see through it, the sun can burn you through it. It looks more like a visor to me.

In GEAR » Find me some 1oz baseball hat competition...
September 16, 6:39pm

Darn, Should have jumped!
Hi Brian, I didn't want to jump in if Damian was still interested. If you change your mind again, let me know. I picked up a ShangriLa 6 earlier this year and figure this would be a very n...

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Shangri la 2 tent fly
September 16, 6:06pm

Shield
I'd go with the thru hiker shield. It's decent quality, and would cost US$55 Inc shipping for 3 yards (2.7m) at 1.6m wide. This is if they'll ship in a small prepaid priority box. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Massive burn holes in floor of tent! (see pic) Can it be repaired?
September 13, 1:08am

If only...
These were a Small, I'd be all over them!

In Gear Swap » FS: Cloudveil Switchback Schoeller Softshell Pants Mens Medium, Black
September 13, 12:50am

Re: First real hike in trail runners... Blisters
Add some castor oil to the concrete pills?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First real hike in trail runners... Blisters
September 12, 6:26am

Hi Sandy
Shipping to Australia is pretty easy, and costs the same from anywhere in the US to anywhere in Australia (ie Anchorage to Perth costs the same as LA to Sydney) The best way to view rates is he...

In Gear Swap » FS- golite mens jam (large)
September 12, 6:24am

Ice Water
Heh, heh, heh. That's a pretty good ad. Of course even ice water is at 32F or more, otherwise it would be ice. And since canisters are good down to 30F, the ice water is actually making ...

In GEAR » Best/lightest propane cannister stove?
September 12, 6:07am

Re: Hey! This is BPL!
Those clean shirts start to get pretty heavy when you're out for more than five or six days!

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
September 08, 9:52pm

Re: sweet...thanks!
Dan, I think it's worth asking why you wantp a fire. Is it for the experience, or for a bit of warmth? Often people new to snow camping assume that a campfire will keep them much warmer th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in the snow
September 08, 9:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Rod Lawlor

Rod Lawlor has posted no reviews.