BPL Community Profile

J R (RavenUL) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale J R hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me J R has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J R

Showing 191 - 200 of 421 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...43

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Lightweight gear for Scout troop
"Finally, Frank, thanks for the suggestion on sewing. We might have 1 or 2 guys that would have the interest and patience to undertake sewing. It would be a difficult undertaking for us since none ...

In Gear Lists » Lightweight gear for Scout troop
March 22, 10:46am

Re: Subscriptions
$25 is a hell of a lot of money for some people. People here might feel high enough on their horses to make jokes about how $25 is a tank of gas, but its not a joke when your living paycheck to ...

In Chaff » Throwing In The Towel
March 22, 10:39am

Re: Re: Re: Re: layering in the Pacific NW
"And that about summarises it all, doesn't it?" Well... theres still some wiggle room of course ;) "Do I take it that a review article on clothing AND other gear for such cold wet miserable c...

In GEAR » layering in the Pacific NW
March 21, 9:44pm

Re: Re: layering in the Pacific NW
Im kind of surprised at how many people SERIOUSLY expect a miracle fabric to come along that is going to be 100% waterproof, 100% breathable, dry instantly, remain unbearably light, be wearable nex...

March 21, 12:40pm

Re: Re: Wet Hiking
"I think people over-rate staying dry. As others have said here it is not the getting wet that kills, but getting cold. As long as you're warm you'll be okay." Yup! What he said. (I had a ...

March 20, 11:30pm

Re: Throwing In The Towel
Not much to say... you covered it very well in my opinion. All of the reasons I let my membership lapse, and then some. remember, the forums are free... for now, and as you said yourself "I d...

In Chaff » Throwing In The Towel
March 15, 10:44pm

Re: Help needed for A level research.
Male Natural colors - olive, tan, gray, black, brown, sage, khaki, etc - you get the idea. I hate seeing people looking like traffic cones (red, orange, yellow, bright blue, etc) in the woods. H...

In Multiple Use Gear » Help Needed
March 14, 9:50pm

Re: Re: they are available, but sold out!
Joe, if you really are interested in getting the sawatabis sometime, just e-mail me... we could probably work something out. I'm thinking of starting sawanobori this summer... Just let me know. ...

In GEAR » New MontBell UL Pad
March 13, 9:25pm

Re: they are available, but sold out!
I never responded to this thread because, quite frankly, I never saw it. No border bound fascination here. Ive been waiting to hear more about these pads, as Im a bit of a MontBell junkie. Thank...

In GEAR » New MontBell UL Pad
March 13, 11:45am

Re: Re: Ideas for constructing a collapsible walking -stick-?
Id stay away from the duct tape shim too... whats the diameter of your walking stick, and does it have a strong taper?

In Make Your Own Gear » Ideas for constructing a collapsible walking -stick-?
March 11, 12:10am

All Reader Reviews by J R

J R has posted no reviews.