BPL Community Profile

Richard Fischel (RICKO) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Richard Fischel hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Richard Fischel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Fischel

Showing 191 - 200 of 525 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...53

Forum » Thread

an article on pulk to person attachment
you might find interesting. http://www.wildsnow.com/2875/sled-pulk-polk-gear-skiing/ these guys have given some thought to the process and (maybe over)engineering solution. the comments sectio...

In GEAR » Waist belt for pulk?
January 02, 4:26pm

surplus usmc polartec fleece beanie / watch cap
over the last couple of seasons i've been buying them surplus, typically in lots of 4 or 5 off of ebay. the cost per hat has been around $3 to $4. i tend to carry a spare and i lend/give them...

In GEAR » WINTER HATS--- Beanie/Skull style
January 02, 9:50am

in the 30's/ 40's for snow shoeing
Running tights and gym shorts and a pair of wind pants for if it gets breezy. If tights aren't your thing, acme or mistral soft shell pants from REI or the functional equivalent.

In GEAR » Bottom Baselayer-better to use 1 heavyweight or 2 light/mid weight pairs?
December 31, 8:13pm

think of it as a light to mid-weight fleece
It packs down much smaller than the fleece it replaces, is lighter in weight and has decent water resistance. Paired up with a light long sleeve base layer and R1 hoodie I'm good with a simila...

In GEAR » Am I nuts,the Nanopuff doesnt work for me?Is the praise just hype?
December 31, 7:43pm

The less layers you have to bind, the better off you'd be
that being said, a silk-weight layer or comparable under an another base layer isn't going to be much of an issue. What are you wearing for pants, and how cold will it be when you are snow sho...

In GEAR » Bottom Baselayer-better to use 1 heavyweight or 2 light/mid weight pairs?
December 31, 1:55pm

find a pre owned bd lighthouse with a vestibule
When solo, leave the vestibule home. There's a learning curve for condensation management, but it's not difficult to figure out. Properly guided out it will meet your wind resistance re...

In GEAR » Ultralight 4 Season tents, some questions for "real" winter shelters
December 31, 9:15am

+ 1 on the WT belay jacket
I have the older model. when compared against a das parka i thought the wt belay jacket was warmer. (the old model at least) was sized so that if you wore a large in their other jackets it would ...

In GEAR » Best Warmest Synthetic Belay Jacket?
December 13, 2:23pm

camo hoodie
a friend has the winter camo with the gray interior it looks really cool. the pattern is such that you don't get pegged as an airsoft guy or mall ninja.

In Gear Deals » wild things equipment old-school primaloft sweaters
December 03, 4:09pm

wild things equipment old-school primaloft sweaters
i am unabashed fan of wild things kit. i have a number of items of theirs and have always been more than satisfied with performance. they are currently running a sale on their old style (pre rela...

In Gear Deals » wild things equipment old-school primaloft sweaters
December 03, 11:44am

+1 on a hot water bottle
they rock at keeping you warm when you're cold.

In GEAR » Cold Feet Sleepers - Solution Debate
December 01, 10:40am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Fischel

Richard Fischel has posted no reviews.