BPL Community Profile

Richard Fischel (RICKO) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Richard Fischel hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Richard Fischel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Fischel

Showing 191 - 200 of 507 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...51

Forum » Thread

all of the suggestions above are good, but if you anticipate that
you are going to be digging w/without a shovel, or anything else that might tear-up your shell or liner gloves, a pair of leather work gloves or chopper mittens is an invaluable addition to your wi...

In GEAR » Glove choice for the PNW winter, shell?
October 03, 2:00pm

after having a number of diffrent bags
for me, the warmer the bag, the bigger i want it, but still in a mummy cut. i find that in cold weather conditions (<10*f) i really like a bag that i can get dressed in and one that i can keep ...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag warmth vs. fit
October 01, 1:28pm

i'm 6' 2", 200#'s and the large would be perfect
over a baselyer with some room to spare. i thought it was a pretty nice jacket. costco is located in issaquah, washington, maybe they have somebody on staff that wants to grow their outdoor cloth...

In Gear Deals » Adult-sized, "down sweater", 800-fill, Costco: $70
September 30, 8:57am

at least one thing is clear from the nemo video
the marketing department has a sense of humor.

In GEAR » Decisions..decisions. BD firstlight or hilight?
September 29, 11:00pm

nemo makes a nice tent, but
the measurements are given corner-to-corner, but the ends and sides aren't straight, they bow in, so the overall length/width isn't as much as you'd think. i've seen one set up un ...

September 29, 9:30pm

the integral design tents are really nice,
but they'd probably be out of op's price range, even pre-owned. as i said, others will chime in. listen to what they have to say and make your own decisions. don't let them tell you w...

September 29, 5:33pm

are you planning on using this solo
and how tall are you. if you are using a long bag you will be up against both ends of the tent unless you sleep diagonally. unless you are setting up shop on some narrow ledge the big door on the ...

September 29, 11:37am

a brian goode
friction folder. he makes about a dozen of these a year and they sell out in about 5 minutes at the atlanta blade show in June. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/812863-F...

In GEAR » EDC Knife
September 29, 9:43am

my down gear that i consider as a mid/outer layer is cut
bigger than my 2 or 3 oz/yd primaloft tops to layer over, not under. make sure whichever way you go that whatever your outer layer is going to be, it's cut sufficiently that it doesn't pre...

In Winter Hiking » Layering a medium weight down hoody under a synthetic hoody for Camp Wear in Winter
September 27, 3:07pm

my rule of thumb for winter/shoulder season is a 20*f +/- difference
from the rating of the bag to what i can make comfortable if i am wearing everything i've brought with me. this includes putting your pack under your sleeping pad, or dubbling up your pad, and ...

In GEAR » Would I regret using a 32 degree bag in sub zero temps?
September 27, 2:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Fischel

Richard Fischel has posted no reviews.