BPL Community Profile

Robert Kelly (QiWiz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale UL gear @ QiWiz.net
About Me I dream of thru hikes but work and family get in the way. Am familiar with most OH and western PA trails; Isle Royale; a little of Rocky Mountain NP; AT from Springer to Hot Springs; some of Monongahela in WV. Have also been on PCT in Yosemite and Mt San Jacinto area in CA and Mt Jefferson area in OR; Bailey Range in Olympic; Wind River Crest in WY. Pack weight 8-12 pounds in all seasons. Happy Trails.
If you are interested in the lightest ti trowels, stoves, and saws, check out my website at www.QiWiz.net
CityCleveland Heights
StateOhio
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.QiWiz.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Kelly

Showing 191 - 200 of 535 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...54

Forum » Thread

It depends
On how many calories you want, the calorie density of the foods you pick, and the type of packaging your foods are in. I budget about 1.5 lbs of dry food per day and try make sure that's at lea...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Food per day, how many liters?
April 25, 11:37am

Windscreens when wood burning?
It depends on how much wind and the stove design. Yes, it's less efficient, but is this important? You decide . . . I have not generally worried too much about a windscreen in wood burning mode...

In GEAR » Emberlit Wood stove vs everything else
April 24, 2:40pm

More comparisons: FireFly vs TiTri
"do or do not, there is no tri" (yoda) I really like the Ti Tri stoves; I have two of them in fact. One for a big pot when cooking for 2-3 people, and one for a solo pot. But where the...

April 24, 11:58am

Stove wars!
Just kidding ; ) There are some great stove choices out there, and the best one for one person is not necessarily the best one for someone else. Issues of weight, materials, complexity, cost, fu...

April 24, 10:44am

FireFly Answers
Devon, the FlexPort configuration of the FireFly weighs 2.3 oz. I sent your stove out this morning BTW. You have a relatively big pot (1.3 L Evernew), so a bigger windscreen. I'm gonna guess it...

April 24, 7:53am

FireFly 4U
Devon - just need to know your pot size (diameter and height) for windscreen.

April 23, 4:02pm

FireFly Mesh Floor Durablility - You Betcha!
The mesh floor is welded stainless steel mesh. Not gonna rust, not gonna melt, should last and last. Would not expect floor durability to be an issue at all, though the FireFly stove has only been ...

April 23, 2:32pm

Grayson Highlands
Wild ponies are there. Great views. What's not to like? May be somewhat out of your way. N of Damascus, AT runs through it as well as other trails. Easy to do a loop hike there.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Virginia recommendations
April 23, 10:03am

Re: re: barefoot stream fording?
I do it selectively, if I can see the bottom of the stream I'm walking in, and always slowly with hiking poles, feeling my way as put each foot down slowly.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » barefoot stream fording?
April 23, 9:59am

Emberlit vs FireFly stove
You can go to QiWiz.net and draw your own conclusions about how the FireFly stove stacks up against the Emberlit. The Emberlit stoves are nice and get positive reviews. I don't have one myself,...

April 23, 9:54am

All Reader Reviews by Robert Kelly

Robert Kelly has posted no reviews.