BPL Community Profile

Christopher Plesko (Pivvay) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me "It doesn't have to be fun to be fun" - Mark Twight
CityWestminster
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://slipangles.blogspot.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Plesko

Showing 191 - 200 of 926 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...93

Forum » Thread

WTB: Golite Jam2
Looking for a cheap Jam2. Men's Medium, old style. Going to REI for size comparison but my large Golite Ion hits my climbing helmet, my wife's medium Jam2 does not. I do not know the dif...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Golite Jam2
July 15, 6:58pm

Big bivy sack and AK winter bag
Anyone used the Montbell bag cover in wide/long with a -25F sleeping bag? Is there enough room to fit the bag without loft compression? My bag is big enough to fit my waterbottles and such witho...

In GEAR » Big bivy sack and AK winter bag
July 13, 8:09pm

how much?
what are you asking for it?

In Gear Swap » FS: Osprey Exposure 66
July 11, 10:36pm

down jacket
If I was planning on any significant down time I would bring the down jacket. They are just so comfy.

In GEAR » JMT..... leave the down jacket at home?
July 10, 3:33pm

Re: Re: Re: triumph anorak any new updates?
I have the original DIAD, mine weighs in size Medium at 6.1 oz slightly modded. It comes with me on almost every true adventure and has been thrashed. It's coming with me for 2800 more miles st...

In GEAR » North Face 5.4oz waterproof w/hood
May 26, 9:38pm

Re: What would you choose to create the SMALLEST pack?
1000 cubes maybe less for the summer. I did 3 days out of a golite ion with an actual tent and extra warm clothes for shoulder season in yellerstone.

In Gear Lists » What would you choose to create the SMALLEST pack?
May 24, 6:45pm

Re: yeah...
Breathability, yep. As long as you're not trying to spend the night out sans tarp, I'd go with the momentum bivy.

In GEAR » Oware 'High Air Perm' Bivy
April 25, 9:24pm

Re: thanks!
Depends on if you want a waterproof bivy vs a water resistant bivy right? (soul is momentum?)

In GEAR » Oware 'High Air Perm' Bivy
April 25, 4:04pm

3 season
I could certainly do a 30 deg bag for 3 season rockies but that's not without accepting that it might be a little chilly in the worst case. The WM Ultralight would do you right though and yo...

In GEAR » Bag Choice - 3 season Rockies
April 24, 7:02pm

Re: Neo Air
True, but alas no $500 shelters for me either! And by deflating above I meant from wearing a hole in the pad or puncturing it. :(

In GEAR » Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
April 23, 9:59am

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Plesko

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
We own two of these (one small and one medium) and on most trips these make the cut. They are very warm over 3 season conditions and their compact packing and light weight make them a favorite plus th...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
November 11, 10:28pm

Patagonia MicroPuff Vest
I've had the Micropuff vest for a few months now and feel comfortable in giving a review. The vest is a total winner. I bought it for a summer insulation safety piece since it's synthetic and my bag i...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
November 11, 6:43pm