BPL Community Profile

john Tier (Peter_pan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA
About Me Co-Owner of Jacks 'R' Better LLC
Citywilliamsburg
StateVA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacksrbetter.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by john Tier

Showing 191 - 200 of 250 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

O2 Rainshield
Used a set for years and about 900 miles of AT...work great...repairs easy with duct tape...Consider Dri Ducks for another color option. Pan

In GEAR » O2 Rainshield Jacket
September 05, 6:42am

Re: 7 ounce Polarguard-Delta Quilt-the fun begins
Bill, No intent to insult...In fact, I believe you to be among the most, if not the most, forward thinking of the gear creators working on ultralight ideas. While serapes have certainly been ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 7 ounce Polarguard-Delta Quilt
August 30, 9:37am

Re: 7 ounce Polarguard-Delta Quilt-the fun begins
BIll, Like the look...seem as minimal as possible....How do you plan to close the "No Sniveller" style head hole...Recommend Omni tape over regular velcro...Holds great...less scratchy...won't p...

In Make Your Own Gear » 7 ounce Polarguard-Delta Quilt
August 30, 5:55am

Balloon Bladder
A balloon in your emergency/survival kit will carry water...you just need to be careful... remember this is a better than nothing emergency answer...not recommended for routine UL application...Som...

In Multiple Use Gear » Clever adaptations
August 27, 6:27am

Re: adhesive velcro
Dwight, Preveous attempts to uses stick on velcro resulted in failure under damp conditions and field use...personally. I recommend sewing velcro, seal the back as necessary. Pan

In Make Your Own Gear » Modifying my G4 (a tiny bit)
August 17, 10:45am

a hammock
A Hammock with quilts....ultimate camp lux...but I really consider it a base system... Pan

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » One Luxury
August 05, 7:52am

footbox
Omni tape will not tear or place excess wear on hammock bottoms like a zipper on a bag left open as a quilt...it is as light or lighter than most ykk zippers...does not risk mechanical failure...do...

In Make Your Own Gear » Convertible footbox for quilt
July 30, 6:01pm

well done
Will ...great article....useful data...It may be what we knew, but now there is a one page summary with specific comparative data... well written...thx for the effort. Pan

In Editor's Roundtable » Comparative Fuel Efficiency and Carry Weight for Six Lightweight Backpacking Cooking Systems: Part II
July 12, 4:58am

alternative uses for sleeping bag
I once carried snickers bars in the center of a rolled up US Amy poncho liner for a day in Panama while reconing an end of course lane for the Jungle warfare school...100 degrees, repelled over a w...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Chocolate and backpacking?
June 17, 6:17am

Re: Re: Re: Question for Hennessy hammock users
Jeff...nice rig...looks a little close on the left end....but hey, let's assume we are smart enough to rig the generous end to the windward...Thx for the pic. Pan

In GEAR » Question for Hennessy hammock users
June 14, 7:44am

All Reader Reviews by john Tier

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox Silnylon Poncho
Agree with Richard on the mods.... all easy to do....I've had the extended length model for over 4 years and it is super through the mid season.... and yes it will cover a HH. Here is my mod......

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 6:10pm